(Ab)usable features.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Freya

Re: (Ab)usable features.

Post by Freya » 26 Mar 2011 03:15

Just for the record, there's very few npcs worth killing that does not attack you due to size.

I can only think of a handful of npcs that I kill on a regular basis who are unable to attack me(although more and more often I get the message "X looks especially brave and attacks you!".

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 27 Mar 2011 21:22

About your note Strider: I agree!
The best way to fix it, imho, would be to just make the dis-check nicer (pretend you have higher discipline) if someone else is already attacking the pc/npc you want to attack. It's realistic (of course it feels safer to assist someone in a fight, than to be the one initiating the fight), simple (ought to be a small fix codewise), and will benefit both players (you can actually help a bit and not just be dragged around for xp) and monsters (they will be able to assist against tougher pc:s).
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 31 Mar 2011 22:28

So nobody's come up with any suggestion on how to abuse that amulet of Diminution? Was it really that hard? Or uninteresting? Or you knew all along and was hoping it would be forgotten to not risk having it fixed?
Ok. Answer is in the end. First a few more tidbits:

Old days:
There were a quest where you were supposed to kill yourself. Maybe that quest is still around? You enter a room and face an exact copy of yourself, same eq, same stats, same health... And you are supposed to kill it. Eq was fixed so you couldn't change it when in the room, and if you won, your mirror was destroyed, with eq and all. You could leave the room at any time, and the fight was not too hard, since you could use specials and your mirror wouldn't use them. And when you won, you got combat-xp as usual, based on your opponent's (your) stats. And then you could leave the room and return, and face another copy, just as hurt as you. Since you were both hurt, the fight would go faster. And even faster next time. You just had to make sure to have enough hp to not die from bad luck. And use poor wepons to have the specials do the major damage. For a highbie, meeting your own copy was a lot easier than meeting any creature with similar stats - they would definitely have higher skills and nasty specials.
I didn't think of this one myself, but I heard that others had used it and gotten tons of fast xp before it got fixed.

From Greneth: Monkshood is not to be eaten, but to be rubbed! And apparently "rub herb" does not have that minute-delay before next one can be used. So if you just have enough monkshood you can stay fully healed forever.
I've tried the other herb specials I know of (chew, inhale, smear, apply, embrue, smoke), but only "rub" avoids the 1-minute-delay. And unfortunately it is also the only one that immediately destructs the herb, so you can't eat the same herb a hundred times. But it's still pretty neat to be able to stay fully healed for as long as you have monkshood.

I was also told about the possibility to give nasty herbs to someone else in order to do nasty things. But apparently that one has been fixed already.

And finally the Amulet of Diminution:
The less con you have, the faster you heal, percentually. With the amulet you will heal one health level every 60 seconds, while someone with "hardy" con will heal one health level every 110 seconds. This is if you are sober. If drunk you will heal about twice as fast.
So if I (con=hardy) am down to "terribly hurt", I can either wait for 110*8 seconds to get back to "very well", or I can put on the medallion, wait 60*8 seconds to get back to "very well", and then take off the amulet again. Mana, intox, soak and stuffed will be wrecked, but for non-magic users that's no problem.
And though I haven't tested thoroughly with healing herbs and spells, I believe they are healing fixed amounts of hp, so it's very likely that you can put on the amulet, eat a good healing-herb or have a friend cast a healing spell on you, bringing you back to full health, take off the amulet and then back to fighting.
Just don't do this while fighting.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 31 Mar 2011 22:35

Booger wrote:I've tried the other herb specials I know of (chew, inhale, smear, apply, embrue, smoke), but only "rub" avoids the 1-minute-delay.
chewing (at least some) herbs doesn't count into the 1 minute neither

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 31 Mar 2011 22:53

Amulet of Dimunition only applies to the sparkle dungeon not everywhere else though so its a pain running back there. Could be good if you were low on health fro like a black breath but at the same time one you feel less healthy and with that con you are going to die anyway.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 31 Mar 2011 23:21

Laurel: Really? I've tried 10-15 different ones and all had the limit. But I confess I haven't tried them all.

Ilrahil: That amulet can be put on anywhere. At least anywhere in the Sparkle domain. I have sometimes been surprised about running out of moves, not daring to attack some easy creature, or drinks being too strong for me, only to realise I've been wearing that amulet.

Edit: Just got hold of a whitehorn, to test with. With "hardy" con it heals approx 1.5 health levels. With the amulet of diminution worn, the same herb heals close to 5 health levels.
And being close to a herbalist I could use the same herb twice, and still keep it 8-)

That would probably be a way to fix it, though - only allow the amulet to be put on when standing by the dungeon.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 04 Apr 2011 13:43

Found my first money bug!
Testing it resulted in money gain: 4 gold/s = 20 pp/min
Could probably be improved a bit - I believe my slow link is the bottleneck.
I'll bring up the details later, once I know the bug has been fixed. And no, I won't tell you before it's been fixed. Sorry.
(Yes. I've abused it myself, to test it. Gained 35 pp through the testing, which I've offered to return)
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 04 Apr 2011 21:01

Bug fixed! It was the cowhide hat you can buy from the Green Oaks leather shop for 75 copper. And the store nearby pays about 7.5 silver for it = half a silver in gain per hat.
So just buy a thousand hats (they weigh only 5 grams each), walk 9 steps and sell them for a gain of 500 silver. Repeat.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 04 Apr 2011 21:53

were you allowed to keep the cash?;)

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 04 Apr 2011 22:04

I made a few thousands of plats on similar bug years ago ;P I didn't even have to run to different shop, lol. Just buy/sell ;)

I felt bad so i stopped using it, but hell, it was easy cash!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/