(Ab)usable features.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alexi
Veteran

Re: (Ab)usable features.

Post by Alexi » 23 Mar 2011 15:27

Booger wrote:
zar wrote:Will I be 2kg heavier ?
Yes. Or rather, you will be _carrying_ an extra 2 kg of invisible weight. But apparently not for much longer, since Petros has fixed the problem.
What happens if you know of a bug that will make you rich because of a weight issue with the NPC? I know it was reported the minute it was found, but its still active as this little forum prompted me to check on it.

You can literally make a 100,000 plats in seconds. I'd be willing to log on tonight (I'm CST) and show any wizard who'd wish to handle it.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 23 Mar 2011 15:38

Alorrana wrote:I wanna find a quest bug, and just spam it ! :D
errr, that quest is not shown in the orbs afaik :twisted: :lol:

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 23 Mar 2011 15:58

Alexi wrote:What happens if you know of a bug that will make you rich because of a weight issue with the NPC? I know it was reported the minute it was found, but its still active as this little forum prompted me to check on it.

You can literally make a 100,000 plats in seconds. I'd be willing to log on tonight (I'm CST) and show any wizard who'd wish to handle it.
You should send me a mail and I'll look into it. Those types of issues should not be posted publicly. It's always fascinating to see these exploits!

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 23 Mar 2011 16:08

Unless you immortals have anything against it, it would be fun to have it posted here after it's been fixed. To show the rest of us what we missed.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 23 Mar 2011 16:31

Booger wrote:Unless you immortals have anything against it, it would be fun to have it posted here after it's been fixed. To show the rest of us what we missed.
There would actually be a decent argument in doing that, as educating the players in how to better find exploits will (hopefully) also improve the rate with which bugs will be found and reported.

Maybe there could even be attached a little carrot to it - Have someone be the Bug Squasher of the month with a little title. Also give everyone that reports a bug a moderate amount of quest-Xp.
That should incentivize finding exploits, but also reporting them instead of just gaining benefit from them yourself.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 23 Mar 2011 17:39

petros wrote:
Alexi wrote:What happens if you know of a bug that will make you rich because of a weight issue with the NPC? I know it was reported the minute it was found, but its still active as this little forum prompted me to check on it.

You should send me a mail and I'll look into it. Those types of issues should not be posted publicly. It's always fascinating to see these exploits!
Done, sent you a PM.

Though I had to laugh at the 10 other private PMs asking me to tell them before its gone. :lol:

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 23 Mar 2011 18:51

Thanks Alexi. It might be good to remind the folks sending you PMs that it's not a good idea to piss off the gnomes of genesis. They have a tendency to react poorly when they see people abusing their beloved monetary system. Entire accounts have been known to be frozen and wiped :lol:

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 23 Mar 2011 19:05

petros wrote:Thanks Alexi. It might be good to remind the folks sending you PMs that it's not a good idea to piss off the gnomes of genesis. They have a tendency to react poorly when they see people abusing their beloved monetary system. Entire accounts have been known to be frozen and wiped :lol:

Will do will do, I'd hate to piss off the gnomies, maybe they'll look favorably on me for saving them from a USA Fiscal Meltdown type issue:)

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 23 Mar 2011 21:14

zar wrote:Hi

Question about bottle mechanics:
Scenario:
1. buy bottle of 3 kg
2. drink all from bottle
3. drop bottle of 1 kg

Will I be 2kg heavier ?

Zar
Sure, just like in RL. You are caring 0,5kg after each mug of beer you drink. You need to use lavatory to be back to your weight

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 25 Mar 2011 01:10

Some fun things from the old days of Genesis:

* An obnoxious lowbie ignored me and I decided to kill him... but failed. After a few minutes of no damage dealt, he faded away. Some investigations into this brought up that someone felt it was unfair that linkdead players might get killed before this linkdeadness fades them out. Though he could still deal damage.
Interesting... Off to kill the bronze knight (a little too tough for me) with a friend. I attack and... ooops! Dang! Lost link! *twiddle* *twiddle*. My friend (sitting next to me in RL) reports about the progress which is: No damage to me and... there dies the knight. Great! Reconnect and celebrate!
Off to the White Knight (toughest in the game). Attack, lose link and... My friend says: "Hey! You died!". Turns out you have to survive long enough for the game to realize you lost your link. Which apparently I didn't.

* One day the immortals decided that it isn't realistic that you should fight just as well unencumbered, as when you are carrying five platemails, seven shields, a number of greaves, leggings, helmets and some huge heaps of coins.
So some more coding, an announcement on the boards, and suddenly the more weight you carried, the worse you fought. Fine... it does make sense.
And, of course, this goes for the npc:s too... :twisted:
So load up with as much junk as you can carry, go to that nasty dragon that is just slightly too tough for you, hand over everything you have (except the gear you use for damage & protection yourself) and attack. Piece o' cake! And it would be both unfair and unrealistic if the npc:s would _not_ be affected by what they are carrying, so don't even try to change the rules for them.
And this, people, is why npc:s no longer accept gifts from strangers (if you find one that does, try overload him and see if he becomes easier to kill).
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/