(Ab)usable features.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: (Ab)usable features.

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 10 Jun 2011 19:23

Laurel wrote:another: large pile of loot to graduate from Cadets without training nor exp
Cadet graduation was (is?) based on skills trained & exp gained & value of eq racked
racking the large pile of loot from Kabal resulted in immediate highest rank title, making graduation possible - it's value is quite through the roof and I was always disgruntled I couldn't sell it :evil:

Genius
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 14 Jun 2011 01:36

I heard there is an npc in the game that lets you magic identify to find out info on equipment.
If true I think it is soo little know about that it could be considered a feature use/abuse.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 12 Jul 2011 01:39

Booger wrote:Since the latest features are still available, I couldn't help myself - had to test it.
Gained 30 pc in 5 seconds. = 350pc/minute.
Apparently this one got lost, somehow. But Lavellan has fixed it now, so it can be safely revealed:
Slippers, scabbard, herb pouch and money purse from the same shop in Green Oaks that had the abusable hats (reported earlier). Same thing - buy some purses, eg, go to the shop and sell them. Repeat.

I'm surprised at how many people, when told, reacts the same way: "Just a few silvers gain / Not worth the trouble / Too slow to be interesting". Which quickly changes into more interest when hearing "350pc/minute".

I believe there's still a possible crach-the-game bug connected with the alias command, but I don't plan to test it. And I found some more weightless alcohol - just check my eq-file if you're interested in seeing which and where (still easiest to just buy some wine in the Green Oaks winery).
If you bother about food, most food is the same (20 seconds per gram), but some food is a bit more efficient (a few that can be bought in Shire last almost twice as long, for the same weight).
Otherwise, nothing new.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 13 Jul 2011 20:25

Not sure here, but I believe I've been told about guilds needing skulls, for... spell components or something? Necros? Ogres? So easy access to skulls would be helpful? And especially non-heavy ones, to not bring you down too much?
If this is the case, and you are one of those in need, you might be interested in checking out the pigeon house in Hobbiton.
10 cc per pigeon, endless supply. They die almost instantly if attacked, and can have all the body parts of any humanoid (nose, nails, thighbones, teeth,...), and since a pigeon weighs only 350g, a pigeon skull (1%) weighs only 3 grams. So a thousand skulls in 3 kg. And a thousand pigeons would cost only 10k copper (6 pc?). A bargain? Except for the work of killing them.
If you have access to some kind of area-damage spell, you might be interested in dropping them all, cast a spell that killes them all, and see how the xp is? I have no idea here, but could prove interesting.

Edit: They no longer give humanoid body parts (thanks Lavellan - fast work!)
Last edited by Booger on 14 Jul 2011 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 13 Jul 2011 22:12

wont work for ogres though.
They need heads from humanoids :o

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 21 Jul 2011 17:43

Booger wrote:Not sure here, but I believe I've been told about guilds needing skulls, for... spell components or something? Necros? Ogres? So easy access to skulls would be helpful? And especially non-heavy ones, to not bring you down too much?
If this is the case, and you are one of those in need, you might be interested in checking out the pigeon house in Hobbiton.
10 cc per pigeon, endless supply. They die almost instantly if attacked, and can have all the body parts of any humanoid (nose, nails, thighbones, teeth,...), and since a pigeon weighs only 350g, a pigeon skull (1%) weighs only 3 grams. So a thousand skulls in 3 kg. And a thousand pigeons would cost only 10k copper (6 pc?). A bargain? Except for the work of killing them.
If you have access to some kind of area-damage spell, you might be interested in dropping them all, cast a spell that killes them all, and see how the xp is? I have no idea here, but could prove interesting.

Edit: They no longer give humanoid body parts (thanks Lavellan - fast work!)

I once did something similar just to max out the Grunt goblin guild title, since its based on total number of kills since joining.
Got a bit expensive, since it was a lot more than a thousand. :D

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 21 Jul 2011 17:50

There are two rooms in the game I know of where anyone can use a command to restore all your fatigue and be ext alert in 1 second.
One in Sparkle which is pretty obvious.
The other is in Terel and the syntax is <splash water on face>, sneaky Terelians

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 21 Jul 2011 17:51

<steal shintor from doll> pain free way to check if its worth your effort.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 21 Jul 2011 18:46

Or ! kill doll, get sword, and have fun wimping like a madman on da poison ;)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 23 Jul 2011 00:29

Tarax the Terrible wrote:<steal shintor from doll> pain free way to check if its worth your effort.
Stealing is a pretty severe offense in Sybarus... you're likely to get attacked for even trying.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/