New Giftgiving Option

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Do you think this change should be permanent

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 34

Kas
Legend

Re: New Giftgiving Option

Post by Kas » 02 Apr 2011 14:38

Kas: "Give [array of items(s)] to Gorboth"
Gorboth: "Kas wants to give you [array of item(s)]. Yes/No?"

Switch out 'give' with 'trade' as option and an alternative if the gift-filter is turned on for player chars.

It's not entirely uncommon for mmo's to have similar trading options for players. Perhaps we could have a similar but simple system aswell?

Giving stuff to players in combat to gain an edge is both unlogical and lame imho.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 02 Apr 2011 14:45

Cherek wrote:1. Pharaxes dont go around with Bubba's items when bot-tanking trolls and other big stuff myths kill. He uses prime equipment others might want.
Not entirely acurate my friend, he actually uses alot of smith stuff i forge for him, and seren too. they often go in just scales and a pair of tempered greaves. this i know for a fact. But sure sometimes they have good/very good items on. But I know he uses alot of bubbas shields. And with hes size its not needed to tank trolls with Umber duber items.

Pharaxes isnt a victim here but more a dummie, leaving hes character online and not beeing there. thats a dumb thing to do unless you do it in your guild. where you are indeed safe.

And a second things is. Did Pharaxes get restored...? or again just people making rumors to make bad influance on the game.. and make it sick for others..? isnt this what its really about, spoiling the game for some one els..? seems a bit like it..

Change is reasonable, should might be fixed to not be there for skilled thieves or in darkness.

Are we done beating this horse now ?
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Apr 2011 15:12

Yeah, exactly what I want is to spoil the game for others....

Why even say that? You really think I want that? Based on all my posts and ideas for making the game funnier?

I want to make the game more FUN for everyone.

I dont think people idling or running on triggers is fun. I think the more inactive people "playing" the worse it is for the game. And I dont think wizards meddling with mortal affairs is especially fun either, unless its is extremely necessary. And I dont think removing PVP abilities is fun for the game. I understand the change from a realistic point of view, but I dont think this was a poor change.

Had it come with a "place" item in someone's pocket, then I could have understand it. Then it would have been replaced with a similar ability that makes more sense realistically. But just removing it, since it was one of the few pvp / trapping-abilities around I dont like.

As for restorations... No we do not know if he was restored. I just read between the lines in the notes above and I get the feeling he was. But since he is your friend, why not just ask? And ask what EQ he had too, and what actually happened. That would settle it.

And I dont think its a dead horse. Its very much alive.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 02 Apr 2011 15:16

I dont care if he was restored, thats why I dont ask :) and frankly neither should you.. any of you..

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 02 Apr 2011 15:18

To sum it up I like this new option, even though in the past I've usually only been given boulders and they are very nice for ogres.

Even if Pharaxes was not restored one death is not likely ta affect him to much due to how xp recover work.
To even bother this much about one single player is rather obsessive.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 02 Apr 2011 15:19

*pats her favourite ogre and hands him an elf to eat*

couldnt agree more my friend..

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Apr 2011 15:32

Alorrana wrote:I dont care if he was restored, thats why I dont ask :) and frankly neither should you.. any of you..
Well I care. Because I think things like these are starting rumours. I wish things would be more open. And rules very clear. Everytime we get a similar incident wizard-mortal relations takes a hit and rumours are started. A negative feel and mistrust for admin .And I think that is bad for the game.

And it also annoys me if he was restored because I dont like people who run around on triggers and I think they deserve to be killed. So they understand it is bad for the game with tons of idling people on scripts and triggers all over the place. Thats what I think.

And I dont want Pharaxes being forced from the game, I dont even know him or the player behind it. I want him to play the game, just like anyone else. And I also want him to accept that if you stay idle you risk being killed. Not get a free card that basically says its fine to keep idling on triggers.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 02 Apr 2011 15:44

I agree with you, people ideling with gear on should indeed be punished, but NOT by players. and not in a safe zone. thats just my personal oppinion, Report the person, make a wizard come down 5 minuttes and tell them hey.. this looks wrong, ive been trying to get in contact with this one, but there is no reply.. and its against the rules to idle.. thats how it should be done.

And if he was restored, so what..? think hes the only one if so ? and if not.. Who cares..? the wizards will say what is fair and what is not regarding the restorations made in the past i suspect. and some cry out in terror and swiftly blame the buddy buddy system and cheats and make ill rumors when infact they know Zit nada about the real reasons..

And no I dont think pharaxes have the great lust to play now. because its simply to personal... people get a wird pleasure in harming others play.. (new thread on that)

But dudes... dudesses.. come one.. play the game. play your game, dont care to much what others do.. it only makes for more arguments and rumors and own expert conclutions.. leave it be.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Apr 2011 15:55

Well, almost anyone who is pkilled, for whatever reason or in which way, usually lose the will to play for a time. Thats why I seriously would like a change to how PVP in Genesis works.

So its not so much a punishment if you do happen to die. And it might actually be fun instead.

But you think Pharaxes would have liked it more if he had been killed by Gorboth?

I doubt it..

But in general, I do think we players can send a message saying its not okay to run around on triggers idly. If we wanted to. Much better than any wizard can.

So no I dont really like the report to wizards thing... first of all the chance of there being an active AoP member awake at the time is very slim. And secondly it gives them extra work to have to investigate it, and try to catch them again, work they may not have the time, or be very motivated to do. I think its better if we players show its not okay to bot/run on triggers in teams while away from the computer or even your house.

Or we just say it IS okay. And have that game. Because many players do like to run on scripts and triggers while working/cleaning the house/doing something else.

Might as well go with it? Allthough I think it will end up a very boring game and it will be hard to attract new players.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 02 Apr 2011 15:58

I dont know.. to be honest i dont know..

But yeah i think he would have understood more if gorboth killed him and left a letter of warning.. insted of a totally nobody walks along and just hands him some mosses and woopti.. dead.. then just log out again.. job done no one knows who it was.. bit lamo..

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/