New Giftgiving Option

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Do you think this change should be permanent

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 34

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: New Giftgiving Option

Post by Cherek » 29 Mar 2011 18:03

It takes alot more than 60 seconds for it to kill you.

Cotillion:
But yeah, most of us idle from time to time, and dont look at the screen 100% of the time. And we all understand the risks of doing so.

We also understand that the game rules say you cant idle for a long time with good equipment on you, nor can you leave your charcter automated on triggers and go somewhere else for a longer period. But many of us still do it. That Pharaxes hanged around idle with good EQ for the time it takes for vampirc moss to kill a myth minotaur shows he did indeed do that as well.

And we dont expect to get restored if killed when doing so. But you can most likely answer if he was restored, and if people have been restored for this in the past...?

Thats really the thing we complain about.

That, and that we (or I atleast) dont like having what I thought was a pretty fun feature of the game that has been around forever suddenly removed. Especially since all it does is promotes idling and doesnt really add anything to do the game. I liked that you could dump stuff on people. Realistic or not.

When things are added that we like we cheer and praise, when things are added we dont like, we complain. Thats what players do. :)
Last edited by Cherek on 29 Mar 2011 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 29 Mar 2011 18:05

cotillion wrote:It's amazing seeing the long list of players who never go AFK for 60 seconds and who never miss a single row in their mud window. :)
As opposed to wizards like yourself and Tapakah who stay online for hours at a time and never once look at your screen?

I find it ridiculous you can't admit that you made a hasty change, and that it was a poor one. Like Chanele said. Play a mortal for a day and perhaps your perspective will change. This really does show how out of touch 99% of the wizards are.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 29 Mar 2011 18:19

Ilrahil wrote:
cotillion wrote:It's amazing seeing the long list of players who never go AFK for 60 seconds and who never miss a single row in their mud window. :)
As opposed to wizards like yourself and Tapakah who stay online for hours at a time and never once look at your screen?

I find it ridiculous you can't admit that you made a hasty change, and that it was a poor one. Like Chanele said. Play a mortal for a day and perhaps your perspective will change. This really does show how out of touch 99% of the wizards are.
No, it was not a bad change.

Consider a player who has never heard of vampiric moss before who had died from this. Would that have been acceptable?
Have you ever tried fighting someone who had a trigger giving you a few copper coins every second while you're on telnet?
That's not PVP.

As for my idling, I just do it to mess with your who list.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 29 Mar 2011 18:23

"Consider a player who has never heard of vampiric moss before who had died from this. Would that have been acceptable?"

Again -- this illustrates the issue is not with the "gifting" .. but rather with the moss itself. Some newbie could be herbing and die from holding the moss too... would you restore them? How about someone who didn't know if you ate a poisonous herb you could die? Do they get restored? Stupidity and ignorance are not a reason for restoration or for such a global change.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 29 Mar 2011 18:30

Oh... I didn't know that if I tried to leap to the other side of that chasm that I might die.. can I be restored?

Oh.. I didn't know that if I kissed Jadestone Doll that I'd get attacked, blocked and killed.. can I be restored?

Oh.. I didn't know that if I fell down the stairs that I'd die... can I be restored?

Common! More than half of my deaths should be restored on this logic!!!!!

I should be an uber myth considering all the times Kitriana has died and didn't get restoration for "unfair" things.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 29 Mar 2011 18:34

cotillion wrote:
Ilrahil wrote:

No, it was not a bad change.

Consider a player who has never heard of vampiric moss before who had died from this. Would that have been acceptable?
Have you ever tried fighting someone who had a trigger giving you a few copper coins every second while you're on telnet?
That's not PVP.

As for my idling, I just do it to mess with your who list.
Your semblance of balance is straight f***ed.

This change just goes to prove that Genesis wizards are leveling the playing field of the game so that the stupid people are on a level playing field with the ones who actually try to learn things instead of setting up scripts.

Edited to add: Yes that is PvP. PvP is dirty and survival mode kicks in. If you want PvP to be something else then make players teleported to a room when someone engages someone else so they can't run away and its a duel to the death. You do what you have to do to survive in PvP or come out as the victor. Go play a mortal.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 29 Mar 2011 18:38

Perhaps its time to lock this stupid thread?

Its 18 votes to get rid of this change, and 8 votes to keep it, and only once person has been actively writing on this forum that supports it aside from you Gorboth.

Obviously its your decision, but its not one the mortals of the game who have to deal with the stupidity back.

Lock the thread, its your call, but know that you don't have our support in this topic.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 29 Mar 2011 18:43

Ilrahil, you suggest I "admit" that we made a hasty change and that it was a bad change. For me to admit such a thing would mean that I agree.

The change was certainly reactionary. Sure, that is something I don't mind saying at all. We saw something happen that shouldn't, and we took action to make the game better. That players don't like the change doesn't mean the game isn't better. It just means that players don't like the change. We feel the design is vastly improved, and you can see from the results of the poll that we are not alone. It is standard for the majority to dislike change in general.

This is the standard way we monitor and adjust things as wizards. Typically, things are pointed out to us by some event triggered by players doing something we didn't consider, and hadn't recognized yet as a problem. This is called reactionary, and of course, it is. Reactionary isn't something we have to view as negative. It is simply the reality of a lot of changes when you are working with a dynamic system.

The game is better for this change. The strong dislike that some players have registered is unfortunate, but the game is worth improving despite such unpleasantries.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 29 Mar 2011 18:44

Ilrahil wrote:Perhaps its time to lock this stupid thread?

Its 18 votes to get rid of this change, and 8 votes to keep it, and only once person has been actively writing on this forum that supports it aside from you Gorboth.

Obviously its your decision, but its not one the mortals of the game who have to deal with the stupidity back.

Lock the thread, its your call, but know that you don't have our support in this topic.
I don't see how this thread is stupid at all. It might be making you upset because you are upset at the change in general. I suspect the ability for people to vent their views and discuss it is not something we need to lock.

When interest dies down, it will be effectively locked by lack of posts.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2011 18:46

We se ALOT happening that shoulnt happen, OCC guilds with 4-5 special attacks and still have room for a layman for example :P

Stuff beeing changed cause certain people bitch about something but when someone else does it nothing happens

Want me to go on?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/