New Giftgiving Option

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Do you think this change should be permanent

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 34

Ilrahil

New Giftgiving Option

Post by Ilrahil » 29 Mar 2011 02:42

I'm making this poll because of the negative responses so far to the change. If it shows a large amount of people dislike it I hope this will be petition enough to get rid of this silly function.

i'm adding keep it and get rid of it. If you don't have an opinion on it either way then just don't vote

If you don't know what this is talking about, read the common board post. If you want background on it... a few days ago Pharaxes (A myth) was given items while he was idling in Sparkle for at least an hour or two. (I'd guess his leader had to take off so he just got dropped in sparkle somewhere instead.) End game of the story was these items killed him, and now this change has been implemented.

Ilrahil

Re: New Giftgiving Option

Post by Ilrahil » 29 Mar 2011 03:09

Just a side note... I'd be rather disappointed if wizards restored this death as well seeing as how it was not a bug at all, but intelligence by one player, and non-intelligence by another.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 29 Mar 2011 03:11

A big wooping no from me.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 29 Mar 2011 04:17

I say no, rather funny in my opinion and IF he was restored.. shame on the admins, shame on them big time. The stance always was, if your not paying attention... tough shit, you should have logged out. This wasn't a bug, it was a well thought out plan and he deserves to die for that one. I've never once complained with my deaths from idling, I just look for better spots to idle in. And if he was restored for a non-bug reason then I expect my characters to have all their idle deaths in the past 10 years restored to me as well.

Or rather if I was that BDA (Chanele was it?) that was killed in the supposed BDA safe room by the MM and I wasn't restored I would really be pushing for that one as that was more of a bug then this was.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 29 Mar 2011 04:57

I recall when Zin's brother used to idle in the Mercenary rack room, waiting to grab anything decent that was racked. He didn't like it so much when I started handing him poison ivy, etc. I'd really hope wizards aren't by implementing this curbing the combattance of such activity.

Another common pvp trick used to be to weigh your enemy down with copper coins.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 29 Mar 2011 05:03

Yep, this was implemented due to the Pharaxes incident. No, it isn't going to change. Why? Because the old functionality was completely absurd. Ways to game the system were numerous - giving someone thousands of copper coins in combat to weight them down ... giving someone a cadu grimoire you had just <read> (back in the old days) to hand-grenade them to death ... etc, etc, etc.

Sorry. This has always been dumb. It is no longer dumb. Creativity will have to continue in ways that make sense.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 29 Mar 2011 05:07

Sorry.. but a big Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo to the admin on this one!
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 29 Mar 2011 05:11

9 to 1 vote on keeping it vs not keeping it.

I'm going to be extremely disappointed in the admin after this one. It is clear the popular vote does not matter. I know its not a democracy, but its a change that is unnecessary and obviously so far one that people don't want implemented.

Pathetic.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 29 Mar 2011 05:14

gorboth wrote:Yep, this was implemented due to the Pharaxes incident. No, it isn't going to change. Why? Because the old functionality was completely absurd. Ways to game the system were numerous - giving someone thousands of copper coins in combat to weight them down ... giving someone a cadu grimoire you had just <read> (back in the old days) to hand-grenade them to death ... etc, etc, etc.

Sorry. This has always been dumb. It is no longer dumb. Creativity will have to continue in ways that make sense.

G.
And... So the grimoire was changed. Perhaps change the moss itself and not the whole code?

If your giving someone a thousand copper coins in a pfight, they should be active enough to notice and drop them. Sorry but you go on a crusade on anti-botting and idling, and then just give more tools to remote control play Genesis.

Once again I'm calling it pathetic.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 29 Mar 2011 05:20

Too bad. This one was just plain dumb. You shouldn't be allowed to simply insert whatever you want into another players inventory. That is dumb. I'll say it again. That is dumb.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/