New Giftgiving Option

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Do you think this change should be permanent

Yes
15
44%
No
19
56%
 
Total votes: 34

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2955
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: New Giftgiving Option

Post by Cherek » 29 Mar 2011 11:14

Realistic or dumb or whatever, it still helps the botters and idlers.

There are tons of things that arent "realistic". Like all players can carry 200 hippos in their inventory is kinda "odd" too... so being able to give things to someone may not be very realistic but it actually did add something to people's ability to kill someone. And especially kill people who are not at their computer.

I mean it has worked all this time... and it does not bother alert people. It only bothers idlers, people who bot, and people who run on triggers.

I am amazed Pharaxes runs around on triggers without being at the computer and then actually reports this? (if it was he himself who did). If I were him I would just silently hide the fact that I let someone drag me around while I am not there and just accept I ended up killed...

But sure, fine, if you want it realistic add the "plant" ability, but add it for everyone, and let the usual thief skills versus awareness count, or something. And make it easier to plant small things. Like herbs... and harder to plant big heavy things. But add it now, not in 5 years. This gift-check gift was obviously quick to add, so a plant ability should not be that hard perhaps?

User avatar
Alorrana
Myth
Posts: 1009
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 11:23
Location: Mordor. passing gass.

Re: New Giftgiving Option

Post by Alorrana » 29 Mar 2011 12:11

Draugor wrote:Bad change, very very bad imo, its been that way for years, its a pvp tool for the love of... Pharaxes and Seren go around botting ALL day ALL the time, that one of them got nuked is just good , or is the zero bot policy only directed to some people? If he doesent idle in stupid ass places cause Seren has been leading him around all day while hes been at work he wont die, if hes dumb enough to do it he deserves to get whacked.
Envy much?

I want to say the times ive been teaming with Seren and Pharaxes they been there. yes some of us have been working, but we still have the screen in the background to see whats going on.. Soo... Yeah they script all day everyday.. sure sure..
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Zar
Hero
Posts: 393
Joined: 21 Feb 2011 19:17

Re: New Giftgiving Option

Post by Zar » 29 Mar 2011 14:31

Alorrana wrote:
Draugor wrote:Bad change, very very bad imo, its been that way for years, its a pvp tool for the love of... Pharaxes and Seren go around botting ALL day ALL the time, that one of them got nuked is just good , or is the zero bot policy only directed to some people? If he doesent idle in stupid ass places cause Seren has been leading him around all day while hes been at work he wont die, if hes dumb enough to do it he deserves to get whacked.
Envy much?

I want to say the times ive been teaming with Seren and Pharaxes they been there. yes some of us have been working, but we still have the screen in the background to see whats going on.. Soo... Yeah they script all day everyday.. sure sure..
backed by me.
When we team they were active enough

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2955
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: New Giftgiving Option

Post by Cherek » 29 Mar 2011 14:44

Well most people are usually active when they hang with "others". And when they feel like play actively.

Its when alone or with a close friend people script/bot and run on triggers.

But I dont blame anyone for doing that, I mean many of us have at some point I would think. But thats a calculated risk imho, if I do run on triggers or on a script I accept that I might get killed, and that I might get a repuation as a "botter".

So I dont condemn nor defend Pharaxes, I just disagree with him being restored. If he was indeed restored...

Alexi
Veteran
Posts: 238
Joined: 17 May 2010 22:30
Location: USA

Re: New Giftgiving Option

Post by Alexi » 29 Mar 2011 16:39

gorboth wrote:Yep, this was implemented due to the Pharaxes incident. No, it isn't going to change. Why? Because the old functionality was completely absurd. Ways to game the system were numerous - giving someone thousands of copper coins in combat to weight them down ... giving someone a cadu grimoire you had just <read> (back in the old days) to hand-grenade them to death ... etc, etc, etc.

Sorry. This has always been dumb. It is no longer dumb. Creativity will have to continue in ways that make sense.

G.
Just a question. If its always been dumb, why wasn't it changed long ago. Why wait until people though it was 'normal' in the game to use it in a way to dispatch of someone? Seems like we are being more and more reactive then proactive in fixing things that "has always been dumb".

I understand your point, and do agree with you that dying because someone handed you something seems "cheap" but I won't take away from from the creativeness of pulling that deed. (Kudo's)

I guess what bothers me is we can only play in the environment we are given. If things have existed for YEARS we figure that its part of the "norm". Someone goes off and pulls a inventive kill, and all of a sudden we see a fast change implemented, and all of a sudden someone is walking around the same size (if that happened, just being hypothetical here).

You can understand the ruffled feathers even if you don't agree with it Gorboth. Transparency wins friends, anything else feels like having the rug pulled out from underneath you.

User avatar
cotillion
Site Admin
Posts: 326
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 01:14

Re: New Giftgiving Option

Post by cotillion » 29 Mar 2011 17:53

It's amazing seeing the long list of players who never go AFK for 60 seconds and who never miss a single row in their mud window. :)

User avatar
Kitriana
Champion
Posts: 627
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:46
Location: United Kingdom

Re: New Giftgiving Option

Post by Kitriana » 29 Mar 2011 17:55

Some of us are just smart enough to have color triggers.. or other triggers to alert us to items being given to us by other people... or to idle it safe places where those who have access to us.. we trust.

And if we do get killed for it... well.. its our own bad playing.. and serves us right. Instead of whining to the admin about it.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Alexi
Veteran
Posts: 238
Joined: 17 May 2010 22:30
Location: USA

Re: New Giftgiving Option

Post by Alexi » 29 Mar 2011 17:56

cotillion wrote:It's amazing seeing the long list of players who never go AFK for 60 seconds and who never miss a single row in their mud window. :)

If 60 seconds is all it takes for Vampiric Moss to kill someone, sounds like the herb was the issue and not actually the ability to "give" it to someone.

Draugor

Re: New Giftgiving Option

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2011 17:59

Alexi wrote:
cotillion wrote:It's amazing seeing the long list of players who never go AFK for 60 seconds and who never miss a single row in their mud window. :)

If 60 seconds is all it takes for Vampiric Moss to kill someone, sounds like the herb was the issue and not actually the ability to "give" it to someone.

6 mosses, 1 moss can over alot of time kill you, think its % based on the drain

Alexi
Veteran
Posts: 238
Joined: 17 May 2010 22:30
Location: USA

Re: New Giftgiving Option

Post by Alexi » 29 Mar 2011 18:02

Draugor wrote:
Alexi wrote:
cotillion wrote:It's amazing seeing the long list of players who never go AFK for 60 seconds and who never miss a single row in their mud window. :)

If 60 seconds is all it takes for Vampiric Moss to kill someone, sounds like the herb was the issue and not actually the ability to "give" it to someone.

6 mosses, 1 moss can over alot of time kill you, think its % based on the drain

Even 6 still seems like an issue. If that gets changed, how about Skunk Berries when you eat more then 3 around a fire since we are at "Things that are Dumb".

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/