New Giftgiving Option

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Do you think this change should be permanent

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 34

Chanele
Champion

Re: New Giftgiving Option

Post by Chanele » 29 Mar 2011 18:46

The game is better...
You are forgetting something importent Gorboth. The ones writing here are the POPULATION. Think about that for a second.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 29 Mar 2011 18:50

No this isn't an improvement.

An improvement would be finishing the recodes, instead of adding more content or changing things that really didn't need to be changed.

A simple solution to this problem would be to change the mosses.

DO YOU WANT PVP IN THIS GAME AT ALL?

That is a question you seriously need to consider. Because you continue to make changes to the game that make it a carebear mud.

Global block is useless at the skill its on, you can't block anyone for long enough. It was a great change. But boat times are so short you can't kill anyone on a boat. Unless your a member of ogres or knights you have no way to hold people in the room, you now can't give people things, which makes traps like the inn in calia useless, and the concept of giving people coins or loading them down useless.

Wake up and start listening to the majority of the game instead of one person.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 29 Mar 2011 18:56

One negative aspect of this "change" to me is that now during an all out mass player-fight the ability to give some hemlock to someone chewing berries has been locked out.

That has always been something one needed to consider when taking part in player-fighting. It showed ingenutity on behalf of the person who stocked hemlock or other berries that might aid in the death of ones enemy.

I don't think that's "dumb". Otherwise you have taken the advantage of someone who might be physicially smaller then his enemy, and made it a "who grinds the most for size" issue. Poisons have been rendered useless because of the inflation in sizes of people.

Now the only way to player fight is what people hate if you want to stack all odds in your favor. Take 9 to 10 people, to kill one.

Just another thought I had on this issue. Personally I think any dialogue between Wizards and Players is great compared to what it was in the past. But as Wizards won't always agree with Players on solutions, we won't always agree with you. If you lose those who code it hurts, but same is said about Players when you think of our dwindling population.

Food for thought.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 29 Mar 2011 18:58

Gorboth: Could you please clarify you statement that people have been restored for this several times in the past?

What does that mean? That Pharaxes was restored this time as well?

If it has happened several times in the past, what was different this time? Why was it not changed, or even mentioned, then?

And no people are not "generally opposed to changes". Where does those facts come from? Are we? Who said the imbuement system and newbie dungeon were stupid additions? I dont think I have heard anyone. Or the new team commands, or the silentships option... etc... no really... you cant just dismiss 18 people who dont like a change because "thats what people usually do with changes". Its not what we usually do.

Cotillion: I think if you cannot figure out that you will need to "drop" something when it goes "The vampiric moss hurts you" and your health is decreasing, I doubt you as a newbie will figure out how to set the acceptgift options either. What newbie thinks "Oh yeah, I better set my options to not affect gifts from any players before I go out in the world"? And does it usually happen that people go around trying to murder newbies? I think the entire playerbase is extremely forgiving and helpful to all newbies...

But what keeps someone from just killing a newbie? Its much easier to just kill him with one hit then use some fancy herb... Or the tons of other dangers they find out by dying, from quests, from NPCs, from herbs, from poison from you name it. Newbies (even seconds) are the ones who die the most I am sure.

So dont say this change was to protect newbies? And people playing from TELNET? Who does that? :)

Gadez
Beginner

Post by Gadez » 29 Mar 2011 19:04

Cherek wrote: And people playing from TELNET? Who does that? :)
Uhm... I do.
G.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 29 Mar 2011 19:08

gorboth wrote:We feel the design is vastly improved, and you can see from the results of the poll that we are not alone. It is standard for the majority to dislike change in general.
18/8 ... you have just called 18 (out of how many active?) players conservative and make it sound negative ... people who are progressive (as opposed to those few conservative enough to still play here) are already mostly gone towards other activities (among them - other games)

I don't like being addressed with adjectives that I deem negative in their meaning
  • who will be left to play this game after you make a few more of such changes, that only "you" will consider to have vastly improved the game design?
    how many of the 8 who are with "you" will be left after a few more of them?
btw. I fail to remember why being a wizard means your (those who belong to the "we") opinion is worth more ... because this is all about opinions only - no facts

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 29 Mar 2011 19:21

Cherek,

What I was speaking about is the fact that change, inherently, creates a type of stress for the average person. Often times people have to live with a change before they can actually know how they feel about it. The initial reaction to the change is often times negative, when the actual opinion once the change is experienced for a while in context might not be.

Regarding the restorations, what I was commenting on was the fact that numerous people who have expressed outrage at the idea of a restoration for Pharaxes have, themeselves, been restored by me numerous times. The goose and gander argument comes into play, etc etc.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 29 Mar 2011 19:24

Must be some favored ones, I sure havent seen or experienced any restorations. I'm on the bad community member list?

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 29 Mar 2011 19:38

Chanele wrote:Must be some favored ones, I sure havent seen or experienced any restorations. I'm on the bad community member list?

Chanele if you had to ask.......

Myself I enjoy the luxury of being on the Inner Circle with the Immortals. Hell I could walk out in Genesis tonight, die and be restored in an instant, in fact I think Petros and Gorboth personally monitor me by the second in case my character gets in trouble with the restore command typed in.

:oops:

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 29 Mar 2011 20:32

Alexi wrote:One negative aspect of this "change" to me is that now during an all out mass player-fight the ability to give some hemlock to someone chewing berries has been locked out.

Haha, hemlock is a funny one. I remember someone fairly experienced (or extremely experienced if you ask him!) eating it believing it was a herb that restores mana. I wont point a finger... ;P

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/