Draconian layman/Racial

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Good idea? yes/no

Poll ended at 07 Jul 2011 13:27

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 21

Draugor

Draconian layman/Racial

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2011 13:27

As we know we lack layman guilds, and pure evil ones that are actually worth a damn is even more in demand, and I was thinking this would be nice

Something that I have wished for for years now would be Draconians
I can write the emotes etc, hell I can even code the rooms for the guildhalls, I have a limited knowledge of code but I am able to make rooms and emotes
And as I am only doing those things that shouldnt be a problem with my own char beeing in the guild.
Not like a made anything that matters to anyone other than in the guild.
I have more to add aswell should I get a possitive responce and a go for this

Wizards and players, your views? This is a draft about some of the possible abilities and some titles etc

Skills
Sword or polearm Sup craftman
Awareness Sup Journey
Tracking Sup journey
Flyover (special attack ofc) Sup guru ofc
(At a high enough rank)Sup craft Spellcraft and airspells
Sneak/hide Sup journey

Special attack
We have all seen when the draconians flies over you and slams you in the back, thats what I was thinking
Have them fly over and hit you in the back.

When having reached enough rank also give them magic missile, just some minor crap damage
perhaps a 5 sec blind/stun or something on it, and a 5 min CD Or something.

Titles could be as follows
Immature hatcling
Growing hatcling
Hatchling
Well-grown hatchling
Struggling child
Juvenile Child
Growing child
Grown child
Adult
Here they get different Titles depending on theire egg type
Baaz Another special attack given due to them beeing the soldier type
Kapak More sneak/hide and backstab Assasing typ
Bozak Some magic and spells, I will write more spells later if I get a go
Sivak Shape changers, able to take humanoid shapes of theire kills, infiltrate plains etc
Aurak Get a special that from DD gives them HP up to VH again for a short amount of time, if they can survive that they get to live
Otherwise they ofc dies, so it gives a kheroism or whatever its called.

WIll post more title etc if I get a possitive responce OR! If a wizard contacts me with an interest in this
racial and layman slotted guild

Chanele
Champion

Re: Draconian layman/Racial

Post by Chanele » 29 Mar 2011 13:33

I think its sounds very cool, I for one would love it:)
It do sound abit Uber but thats where AoB steps in:)

Go go

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 29 Mar 2011 13:34

I voted yes on this one.

think its a cool idea, but right now, players and guilds dont really ad up.. perhaps shut down templars...? and rda... make templars a title in BDA and when you get it. you get a special dragon, attack, item, thingie..? and then make the BDA use polearms too, and rid us self of the RDA.? or make it a section of the BDA. ?

but anyways a good idea.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2011 13:40

Chanele wrote:I think its sounds very cool, I for one would love it:)
It do sound abit Uber but thats where AoB steps in:)

Go go
Well the dont get it all, they get it according to what sort of draconian they go for, and they CANT change once they pick unless they leave and rejoin, and the titles to get to the max one should be slow as shait.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 29 Mar 2011 13:44

Alorrana: What is the problem with adding more layman guilds? It is more occupational that worries me and strecthes out the population. Layman and racial? The more the better? Evils do lack some options there. Laymans (usually) dont require a council and it doesnt matter if there are 20 people in it or 1.

About the idea.

I like it. Especially that you get differerent skills depending on your egg / type. Thats fun.

Allthough as Chanele said they seem a bit too powerful compared to most other laymans. I think its better to star low, and upgrade if they prove to be too weak. That is a much better way I think than the usual Genesis guild way which is add super powerful guild, everyone joins and loves it, then you nerf it so nobody wants to play because it not as good as it used to be.

Why not start with just one special attack (different depending on type), no weapon skills, and then add from there if it is too weak in the end?

But the idea and theme is great, and fun! A big yes from me.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2011 14:00

I was actually thinking of making the cooldown shared, so if you fo a flyby, you're to unfocused to cast the spell :D
And the thief version... perhaps replace backstab with something thats actually worth a damn :P A fight start stun perhaps? Or just an inability to move due to ripping the tendeons or something.

And/or make the magic missile only for the Bozak as they are the magic type draconians by lore default :P Or rather the primary magic type. I have no included the noble draconians tho as I feel that would be overkill, as in draconians made from the chromatic dragons

I made this post to get feedback and if possible more ideas, ofc there will be alot more titles, I just havent written them as I want the goahead from the admin first so I dont just make the stuff for nothing

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 29 Mar 2011 14:01

Those of you voting no, whats the reasons?

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 29 Mar 2011 14:06

Cherek >> Problem and problem, no. I just think, I could be off here, but in one general branch you would have, Priests, Blue, Red, Templars, Draconians, (+ any other evil/neutral layman) Its alot of Krynnish power. I know In ME you can Say MM have AA+ AA layman+ any given layman /neutral/evil..

But thats just me, to close some of the inactive guilds, not permantly, but then when people wants them, say a list of guilds that was up for closing, then you could put in a demand for them to reopen, and when wizards see there are enough active online and players who wants or requesting the guilds, then they would slowly start to reopen.. :)

Im not saying Draugors idea is a bad idea. at all..

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2011 14:07

Alorrana wrote:Cherek >> Problem and problem, no. I just think, I could be off here, but in one general branch you would have, Priests, Blue, Red, Templars, Draconians, (+ any other evil/neutral layman) Its alot of Krynnish power. I know In ME you can Say MM have AA+ AA layman+ any given layman /neutral/evil..

But thats just me, to close some of the inactive guilds, not permantly, but then when people wants them, say a list of guilds that was up for closing, then you could put in a demand for them to reopen, and when wizards see there are enough active online and players who wants or requesting the guilds, then they would slowly start to reopen.. :)

Im not saying Draugors idea is a bad idea. at all..
Aye ofc we should close the dead guilds -.- And this wouldnt be krynn exclusive, only evil exclusive, imagine a Draconian MM? :D

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 29 Mar 2011 14:09

Draugor. hehe. would be bad enough.

But there I share a diffrent view. Angmar and mages shouldnt be allowed to be in Krynish guilds. And Krynish guilds shouldnt be allowed to join any from ME.. but thats just me. :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/