Draconian layman/Racial

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Good idea? yes/no

Poll ended at 07 Jul 2011 13:27

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 21

Draugor

Re: Draconian layman/Racial

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2011 14:11

Alorrana wrote:Draugor. hehe. would be bad enough.

But there I share a diffrent view. Angmar and mages shouldnt be allowed to be in Krynish guilds. And Krynish guilds shouldnt be allowed to join any from ME.. but thats just me. :)

Well that would also include orcs, I mean I get it, RP wise it looks weird for the more HC guilds, but for Dragonarmies orcs are actualyl plausable imo, they have just switches from Sauron (wuss) to Takhisis (YEA! POWWAH!) I'd still love to see the guild, I can write the story and all the help docs as long as someone handles the heavier code part. So it wouldnt be as huge as other projects.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 29 Mar 2011 14:14

Alorrana: But does another walk up and join layman guild do any harm? Why close them even if they have few members? I dont see why it matters how many members a layman guild has? If any?

I agree with you about occupationals. But more layman and racials, nice I say.

Is it what the game absolutely needs before anything else? No. But if Draugor is inspired and even wants to help code it, thats great imho!

I think it would be cool if different dracs had very different skills.

So if you like PVP, you can chose the drac with PVP-ability (whichever that is). If you like grinding, you chose the one with continous damage output, if you want burst-damage, you pick a drac with that, want healing, you pick the healing drac, or if you like a bunch of small fun abilities you pick the spellcaster drac.

I am not a draconian expert so I dont know what fits thematically, but anyway, cool if the abilities are very specific. So you can chose what suits your type of playing style.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2011 14:16

Different draconians have different abilities according to the lore. And If ya think about it! This guild actually offers it all, a cobmat special for those that want it, a special that prolongs your life, thief skills, magic skills and a chance to try out some of the most whicked RP choices there is, draconians are uber cool :)

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 29 Mar 2011 14:17

Excately rp wise i mean. If your A proud krynnish army man, You wouldnt want to serve Sauron.. And Nor would any Angmarian want to server Thaki...ish something...:) And orcs, its a cool guild, but they shouldnt belong to mordor.. You should have a more free choise with orcs, I mean orcs are the most general enemy in most roleplays, so they should in general camp all around, kind of moving scrappers, land pirates, roaming around causing havoc at will.

Cherek > No no harm at all, Its just my personal oppinion that there are enough guilds + layman guilds with inactive members. so perhaps it would be wise to shut the dead ones down if new ones are to open. :)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 29 Mar 2011 14:25

Chanele wrote:Those of you voting no, whats the reasons?
I voted no.
Not because it is a bad idea, but because it is too specific.

I think layman guilds should be a bit more "vague", so they mesh better with our current crop of OCC guilds. I don't think being a draconian meshes very well with many of the guilds in the game, apart from perhaps the 2 DA and _maybe_ PoT.

Also I think Krynn have plenty of guilds as it is, I'd like to see any expansion in other realms.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 29 Mar 2011 14:36

RDA/BDA and AA are the only evil OCC fighter guild we have. I see no reason why a Draconian could not be in either. This is Genesis, a combination of different worlds in one. And they could surely be mercs too, or monks. And who said there cant be good Draconians just like goblins can be? Calian Draconian? Could happen? Or a gladiator Draconian surely must work.

So they fit all the evil occupational choices imho. Pots are OCC+layman arent they? But I guess a Draconian could be a morgul mage... in theory.

So I think it is less specific than many layman guilds actually. And even if there are specific ones, does that matter? It gives some extra options for a few people in the world. I dont see that as a problem. If it makes ONE more player happy, then I am for it

But I think Draconians would be less specific than the following laymans for instance:

-Militia is only for goodaligned polarm users.
-Blademasters only for sword users
-Minotaurs for... well minotaurs.
-Shieldbearers for short races who use shields and are friends of Neidars
-Archers for elves
Last edited by Cherek on 29 Mar 2011 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2011 14:42

Makfly wrote:
Chanele wrote:Those of you voting no, whats the reasons?
I voted no.
Not because it is a bad idea, but because it is too specific.

I think layman guilds should be a bit more "vague", so they mesh better with our current crop of OCC guilds. I don't think being a draconian meshes very well with many of the guilds in the game, apart from perhaps the 2 DA and _maybe_ PoT.

Also I think Krynn have plenty of guilds as it is, I'd like to see any expansion in other realms.

Draconians just like orcs can go anywhere, after the dragonlance wars there where plenty of Draconian and ogre mixed bands terrorising the mountainside attacking knights of takhisis aswell as others during the second chronicle series. So they can be meshed in in many places. They are not to be dragonarmy or PoT controlled, as its supposed to be a free guild, a merc or Gladiator can PR a marauding Draconian, an angarim can RP a deserter that went over to another diety. It opens up to alot of RP options, you can go merc/Bozak and be a brooding mage sitting in the corner playing with yourself :)

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2011 14:45

Cherek wrote:RDA/BDA and AA are the only evil OCC fighter guild we have. I see no reason why a Draconian could not be in either. This is Genesis, a combination of different worlds in one. And they could surely be mercs too, or monks. And who said there cant be good Draconians just like goblins can be? Calian Draconian? Could happen? Or a gladiator Draconian surely must work.

So they fit all the evil occupational choices imho. Pots are OCC+layman arent they? But I guess a Draconian could be a morgul mage... in theory.

Actually! Noble Draconians
These were created in an act of desperation toward the end of the War of the Lance. After the good dragons were liberated, Lord Ariakas ordered that the corruption ritual be performed on evil dragons. However, the result was good draconians. Most were destroyed, but a few survive to this day.

There are good aligned draconians, we can make a branch for them aswell, as to make it an universal guild, or two guildhalls, one for good aligned and one for evil aligned :D

Lightning Draconians
A form of noble draconians formed from blue dragon eggs, these draconians are noble and are much like paladins, and they also have abilities akin to paladins, fighting always for good and trying to find acceptance from the people. They are very fond of Kiri-Jolith, the god of good war. They explode into lightning when they die.
As an example
So there are TONS of opportunity

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 29 Mar 2011 19:11

I remember that many years ago the idea of such layman was discussed briefly by some wizards but it was also quickly dropped.

And there were more players and wizards then too...

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2011 19:19

Alot of people may very well have left due to a lack of interesting layman, especially the evils, What laymans on the evil side are worth piss? Necros are not worth close to all the spells they have. AA? Sure the one good they have is AA.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/