Has the game become to personal ?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Makfly
Champion

Re: Has the game become to personal ?

Post by Makfly » 02 Apr 2011 16:03

It's probably less poisonous now, than it have been in the past - If nothing else than because the game has fewer players. :) In the old days things was pretty bad, though.

But if you look at this forum, things have improved a thousand-fold from previous forums.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Apr 2011 16:04

Alorrana wrote:Aye aye someone if not many actually have been shown to lars.. The whole Irk issue i can tell you was started because he was a polish dude.. and then it came to happen all polish dudes where neidars. i know we joked about it in the past, with them beeing the polish mob.. but all in good fun. but then it seemed to be more he needs to die because. ehh.. hes polish.. I participared yes. I admit, and Admit to failing horrible too.. but that one, all those fight was basic because of a guy from poland some one had a personal grudge against.
Well... but yeah... I think things like that has happened, and will happen, in alla sorts of games. Because we are human and sometimes we are evil...

I dont like it, but its bound to happen. And the smaller the community the greater risk it becomes a big part of the game. Things like that happened in the past too I think? People playing from different sites etc... "Lets get the Danish ones!". But as you say I think it was more "in good fun" before. From all sides. Not really personal, or anger, just competition between sites.

Why its more "hate" now, I dont know.

Allthough there is always more to any story. Irk has kind of painted a target on his head. Why? Well just because he is HUGE. People want to kill those who are huge. Thats just how the game works, or any game. You want to get whoever is leading. Also, Irk kinda got himself a reputation for becoming huge while dragging around idle friends on triggers. That also paints a target on him.

Irk and his team of idlers is probably the most well-known sleepy trigger-team ever in Genesis?

In many ways I think he had it coming. I personally wanted to see him killed for that reason, not because where is is from in RL. And I still do. Because of the way hebreaks the rules of the game to grow huge.
Last edited by Cherek on 02 Apr 2011 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 02 Apr 2011 16:08

Same one as you chanele.. :|

Makfly. Proberly.. but isnt that letting down what the game is actually for.. ? guilds, Roleplay.. exploring.. now it feels like personal kills, and gear hunts.

Cherek. Aye, alot wished him death to many reasons, but when you saw what was between the lines it was due to he was polish.. nothing els.. lots of excuses where made yes.. but in the end.. when it all came down to it.. he was one of them polish dudes.. and we had to teach em a lesson.

Ugly truth. I know.. but its none the less the truth..
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Apr 2011 16:11

Alorrana: Well perhaps you know more than me. I can just speak for myself. And I wanted, and still want, to see Irk killed because of the scripting and the idle teams on triggers. Not because of anything else.

It was even recently I learned where he was from so I can truly say it had/has nothing to do with it.

Chanele: Have you considered LESS playerfights may also scare people from the game? Me personally I would most likely play more if there were more conflicts. And I dont think I am the only one. You may scare some people away if you start pfighting more, but you may also lure some people to play more as well.

Who is to say what people leave quicker from? Lack of conflicts, or conflicts?

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 02 Apr 2011 16:13

Cherek when will you Learn, Im the Wize but yet greatly disturbed mad cow... I know stuff.. as sooooo many others do, I just chosen to break silence now, because i feel there is to much personal hatred within the game.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 02 Apr 2011 16:16

Cherek:
Tell me what character/s you are playing and the hunt can begin tomorrow. I can spice things up for you:)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Apr 2011 16:18

I am not saying you are wrong Alorrana. I usually know very little on what goes on through MSN etc. But as you know I have made a choice to separate my character or characters from what I say on the board and I also very rarely share my MSN. Just because I think the game is more fun without all the drama behind the scenes.

What I feel about Irk is only based on what I know and have seen. And I dont like how he plays the game since it is clearly against the rules and cheaters spoil the game for those who dont cheat.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Apr 2011 16:20

Chanele wrote:Cherek:
Tell me what character/s you are playing and the hunt can begin tomorrow. I can spice things up for you:)
Sure, give me your MSN and I'll tell you.:)

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 02 Apr 2011 17:01

Cherek wrote:
Chanele wrote:Cherek:
Sure, give me your MSN and I'll tell you.:)
Cherek plays as Poet, everyone knows this.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Apr 2011 17:13

Tive: Yeah makes sense. Cherek the knight who was one of the worst PVP'ers ever.:)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/