Imbuements

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zestana
Expert

Imbuements

Post by Zestana » 10 May 2011 23:37

So before I touch base on what I've noticed with these I'd first like to say its a pretty cool system and I've enjoyed gathering some neat imbuements so far. I do wonder though based on the imbuement list I have found on the internet and my own results from Karkadelt why some things are lacking while other seemingly useless things are in place.

What do I mean by this? I noticed that there is a stone to resist each type of magic as well as a stone to increase the skills of each kind of magic. However other than Mages, Spirit Circle, and one Priest, the rest of the players I have met do not rely on spellcraft at all and from reading the topic on mercenary laymen guilds, in tests that some people ran increases in spell skills did nothing to further damage. To me that indicates that there are approximately 12 stones that for the most part are useless.

On the other hand I noticed that skill increases seem extremely limited in the imbuements to weapons, spellcraft, combat aid, and sneak and hide. Meaning there is no skill increase imbuements for other useful things like herbalism or block (not sure if language or tracking is useful but that's also not on there.) and even one weapon category (missiles) is missing.

I suppose its possible the list I was shown is not complete, but was just wondering if anyone else had noticed the oddity and was hoping perhaps the coder of the imbuements couldn enlighten me.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Imbuements

Post by Cherek » 11 May 2011 00:25

I have been pondering about the same things you mention.

Another thing that is odd about magic is that not all magic skills have stones, just the elemental ones and life/death which seems odd? If we have magic skill imbuements why were just these magical skills selected, and not all of them?

And as you said, all fighting skills except missiles.

But maybe there is a reason to exclude some? Or they have simply been forgotten? Or just randomly selected to not have an imbuement?

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 11 May 2011 01:02

I think the Imbuements are cool for Cadets more than Hardcore grinders.. Hardcore grinding relys on tough armours, and a Good weapon..

The imbuments that are kinda cool, are stuck on shirts and leather crap. and when you find a weapon able to use, it has some resist water and resist air on it.. and I go Ohh well, no use for that..

but back to subject.. The dam from the items are pretty much zero to none when you just have an unusual item.. for people above champs.. but as i say, perhaps for lower titled folks it rocks.. Wish they where around when i was a cadet.. would have used them with great benefit..
But now.. Legendo AA.. I can fight the things i Need to fight, and win the fights i need to win. but in general, I dont bother to hunt for imbuements.. because most serve me no good.. the dam or what ever is simply to low..

I know you can disenchant em and collect stones and what not.. but no, dont use it.. sorry. the thing with the imbuements is really cool, some cool descriptions when going in to combat and all.. but as a whole.. no.. i can easy do with out..

Dam would be beneficial for cadets..The Exotic and Peciluar items.. well.. seen em on AH only, and i found a dagger on holmen, wich served no use either...

I dont mean to come out as sounding too negative here, but as a whole, i havnt benefited as much as i hoped from the Imbuements..

And the price to random imbueme an item is simply to great..1000 plats.. and chances to get what i want is seriously bad.. I end up getting a club with fart alot imbuement on.. (again something i have no use for and will lose 1000 plats in the doing.. No thanks..

Final thoughts in short.. Imbuements for the general.. Wheee go go very nice.. Imbuements personally.. no thanks.. no use for them..

Mad-cow out.

Ps hope this wasnt to messy as i tend to.. and not to negative.. :)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 11 May 2011 07:35

Hi

I must agree that most of imbuements are useless. Especially for mercenaries or other guilds who has main skills - sup. guru.
The skill is maxxed there so no imbuement can raise it higher.

On other hand there are some uber useful imbuements.

Zar

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 11 May 2011 08:09

I find it odd that the stat imbues do not have a diminishing return and limit the totally game-breaking balance issue when someone with really high stat find a intense stat-imbue.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 11 May 2011 08:36

From a purely malee PoV:

1. you won't imbue your weapon with a usable enchantment
2. you won't imbue your armour with a usable enchantment
3. you will HARDLY find a good weapon/armour with an usable enchantment ... however I've already seen EHs with str. and good armour pieces with self-heal or str.
4. chances for pt. 3. are ... well, not really high ;) I've seen it happen ca. 4 times in total

hence the questioning of (for example) "x-slay" stones ... what would you people use them on? gloves and boots for monks?

what about other stones? let's say Laurel want's to increase her sword-skill ... enchanting the armours and weapons she uses is out of question, so what's left? (anyone tried to enchant containers or nose-studs? :lol: )

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 11 May 2011 09:44

Laurel wrote:From a purely malee PoV:

1. you won't imbue your weapon with a usable enchantment
2. you won't imbue your armour with a usable enchantment
3. you will HARDLY find a good weapon/armour with an usable enchantment ... however I've already seen EHs with str. and good armour pieces with self-heal or str.
4. chances for pt. 3. are ... well, not really high ;) I've seen it happen ca. 4 times in total

hence the questioning of (for example) "x-slay" stones ... what would you people use them on? gloves and boots for monks?

what about other stones? let's say Laurel want's to increase her sword-skill ... enchanting the armours and weapons she uses is out of question, so what's left? (anyone tried to enchant containers or nose-studs? :lol: )
Jewelery.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 11 May 2011 09:56

Yeah, rings and amulets are the best to enchant

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 11 May 2011 10:13

ok - that's for skills/light/darkness/etc.

the x-slay and x-damage stones are quite useless however?

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 11 May 2011 10:30

Laurel wrote:ok - that's for skills/light/darkness/etc.

the x-slay and x-damage stones are quite useless however?
Not if you put them on items that have slow dulling or non-breaking

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/