"Protected Areas"

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zestana
Expert

Re: "Protected Areas"

Post by Zestana » 21 Jun 2011 19:15

tharandil wrote:For me it can be abit frustrated if I want to grind alone,
without Neraka or Haradrims my choices get very limited for a knight at champion size.
Perhaps Knights and Neidar should start protecting Kalaman and Centaurs as it is surely a noble cause. Would spice things up a bit. It would also be more even then in regards to good vs evil player protected areas that serve as xp grounds.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 23 Jun 2011 01:50

tharandil wrote:For me it can be abit frustrated if I want to grind alone,
without Neraka or Haradrims my choices get very limited for a knight at champion size.
Just because an area is protected doesnt mean you cant go there...? When I was a knight I found it refreshing with a PoT appearing now and then to blind you. A hasty "retreat" while hunted by both trolls and priest sure made it less dull to grind Neraka. And the trolls themselves also makes it interesting even without protection from players.

Since I generally think grinding is utterly boring Neraka was always my favourite grinding spot because of the hunting trolls and the various factions protecting it. It was even more exciting when dragon use to swoop down and paralyze you, so you'd have to run quickly between houses and tents and stay outside as little as possible.

Ah the memories...

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 23 Jun 2011 22:04

Kalaman was actually protected once by Neidars. By Rauko's order :)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 24 Jun 2011 23:53

T has been attacked plenty by stunties for being around Kalaman. Thought they did protect it.
Knights should as well IMO.

Lets be honest. Protected areas are usually just used as an excuse for pfighting.
Provided there are other alternatives they could be grinding on and both parties go into it willingly I see no problem with it.

I also think the polite tap on the shoulder warning is too softly softly.
Attack them but only chase them so far, then shout "Thats right run and Stay Out!" is more appropiate IMO.
As well as a little Rp before the attack.

People grinding their own protected areas is BS.
Protectors should be allowed to get off guilt free to kill a potential ally there as well.
Ie they are considered Holm like areas.

Ie You were training the trolls in Neraka and got trained yourself by a PoT thats your lookout.
I have attacked more than one ally before for killing in an area my current factions protected etc.
Killed a few of them as well.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Targun
Adept

Post by Targun » 26 Jun 2011 02:27

Well said Tarax. It's a good 'excuse' for attacking other players. By all means should be used, adds flavour to the game. Grinding on your own troops is just lame. I can imagine evil characters slaying one or two occasionally, unless they are 'evil lawful'. Though regular grind like with trolls in Neraka e.g.? That makes you the enemy, if you are a main slayer of the faction troops. No excuse fits in here.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 26 Jun 2011 21:26

You can find excuse even for that. Ways of Goddes are unpredictable. and Her guards can serve as training grounds for Her other guards, to make Her forces stronger.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 26 Jun 2011 21:51

Davvol wrote:You can find excuse even for that. Ways of Goddes are unpredictable. and Her guards can serve as training grounds for Her other guards, to make Her forces stronger.
Key word in your post you can find excuses. While it might justify it in your eyes, its still a horrible display of any form of RP.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 26 Jun 2011 23:48

Zestana wrote:Key word in your post you can find excuses. While it might justify it in your eyes, its still a horrible display of any form of RP.
nothing horrible. RP is by ppls and for ppls. If someone can speak with Her wisdom - he is speaking the Law. And thats up to you, to take what is spoken ar fight against it. Welcome to Her Holy City. You can whine or fight. Looks like you preffer to whine.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 27 Jun 2011 01:01

As I stated prior in this thread. I'm not whining just pointing out a silly concept. If you patrol the trolls you might find some player interaction with me there as I frequent them nearly every night doing as I believe I've picked up from this thread what is called "Training guards."

Anahita
Adventurer

Post by Anahita » 27 Jun 2011 02:17

Slightly off-topic but I'd like to see Neraka be easier to get to - I expect a lot more people would use it for grinding and I'd love to see the consequences when they do.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/