Loans

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Gub
Adventurer

Loans

Post by Gub » 30 Jun 2011 01:12

Would it be possible to take out loans from the Gnome Bankers? Being a new player, it may be easier for players to generate cash if they can take out the money and then pay off the Gnomes after they have the skills.

It'd be fun too if Gnomes put out hits on players who didn't pay off their loans. 1000 platinums in exchange for Gub's head who hasnt paid his dues.

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Loans

Post by gorboth » 30 Jun 2011 08:12

Nah.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 30 Jun 2011 09:14

Another debt-collection option:
reintroduce Hizarbin in his former shape - comming for his daughter's shawl and drowning the one wearing it, if the shawl was not returned
just change the shape (gnomish debt-collector) doing something with his gizmo on the victim (pulling out finger-nails, cuting small holes in limbs ... or whatever debt-collectors would do in such a world)

credit risk tho (or even fraud risk - my RL specialization ...): how would we make sure the debts would be paid off instead of transferring them to someone else and closing down this char?

PS.: I managed to get Hizarbin killed once, by placing the shawl in a closed chest on the ground - he drowned himself ...

Gub
Adventurer

Post by Gub » 30 Jun 2011 09:32

err.. Thanks for the feedback Gorboth?

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 30 Jun 2011 10:24

Even Gorboth has bad days, sometimes a nah or a nay is all you get.

Who knows, some day we might even get a Yes! ;)

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 30 Jun 2011 12:47

Chanele wrote:Even Gorboth has bad days, sometimes a nah or a nay is all you get.

Nah.

Fourtcoer
Wanderer

Post by Fourtcoer » 30 Jun 2011 14:40

It is painful enough to watch friends in real life get into debt. I'd rather not watch friends in fantasy life get into debt, too. Yuck!

Gub
Adventurer

Post by Gub » 30 Jun 2011 19:40

Fourtcoer wrote:It is painful enough to watch friends in real life get into debt. I'd rather not watch friends in fantasy life get into debt, too. Yuck!
I guess at this point it doesn't matter... but why is this upsetting for you? I mean I'd hate to see my friends get beat up in real life but let it happen on a regular bases in Genesis. Should I base everything I want to happen in Genesis on what I don't want happening in real life? That'd sure take the fun out of the game quickly.
Chanele wrote:Even Gorboth has bad days, sometimes a nah or a nay is all you get.

haha apparently!

Fourtcoer
Wanderer

Post by Fourtcoer » 30 Jun 2011 19:55

It is more along the lines of bank loans as something I don't see having a place in a fantasy world like Genesis. To me, it would be along the lines if implementing credit cards, lawyers, and mortgages into the game.

Gub
Adventurer

Post by Gub » 30 Jun 2011 20:51

Fourtcoer wrote:It is more along the lines of bank loans as something I don't see having a place in a fantasy world like Genesis. To me, it would be along the lines if implementing credit cards, lawyers, and mortgages into the game.
Loans in general seem to be part of any political world. I see loans in fantasy "Loan me your swords for my army and I'll give you 5 gold now and 10 when the job is finished." I don't see credit cards, lawyers, and mortgages on the same level. I'm talking about taking two things that already exist in game (money and banks) and adding a system. In the case of credit cards and lawyers you'd have to create plastics and a legal system, mortgages would need player driven housing. And I'd agree that those things don't inspire fantasy.

I see money loans as giving more monetary power to the smaller man, while boosting economy. You can take out a loan to buy an imbuement or pay for help on a quest. It'd be better if the loan system was player driven vs NPC. That said, if a system was installed so that I could loan smaller players money and track debts it could give way to interesting political dynamics. A system wouldn't need to be in place for this to happen, but its hard to see players adding this feature into the economy on their own seeing how much effort it may take. Though player effort does surprise me on regular bases!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/