Discipline - The red-headed stepchild stat

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Anahita
Adventurer

Re: Discipline - The red-headed stepchild stat

Post by Anahita » 07 Jul 2011 03:27

Padraig wrote:Wisdom is used in some specials and also partially in determining spell strength for caster guilds.

Aside from that, your guess is as good as mine.
Bragging rights for the website?

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 07 Jul 2011 03:39

Wis also affects how many names you can remember (though Int is more important for this, I believe)
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 11 Jul 2011 22:27

Booger wrote:Wis also affects how many names you can remember (though Int is more important for this, I believe)
As far as I know Wis and Int are equally important

Rugogold
Novice

Post by Rugogold » 12 Jul 2011 22:06

The one place where dis could be - but isn't - a good use is for players who actually more outheals their opponents then outdamage them (Rangers for example...)

I'm not sure how many tries I made on the orc captain in Emerald at close-to-myth-size before deeming him impossible to kill - not because he made me wimp because of me being too hurt - but because my panic level increased too much so that I couldn't stay in the room. You have any idea how frustrating it is to have to panic out at slightly hurt when the orc captain is terribly hurt and know that he'd insta-heal when you leave the room after a 30 minute fight?

Panic-recovering herbs didn't help much either since I then wasn't able to chew enough mana herbs to stay in the room healthwise. Also, since you just can fight 1vs1 on the ledge I couldn't use the "kill a puny npc to regain panic"-trick.

I've been in many other fights as well where the panic level is key factor in my fights, when 1vs1 fights stretch upwards of 30-40 minutes for certain npc's that have unlimited heals/herbs. I think my longest fight this far has been up to the one-hour mark. You have any idea how bored I am at that point?

I'm hoping for that ranger recode to finish any year now... ;-)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 12 Jul 2011 22:33

Rugogold wrote:I think my longest fight this far has been up to the one-hour mark. You have any idea how bored I am at that point?
so our 2 Rangers vs Ash 45minute brawl was quite close to that :lol: 8-)

Rugogold
Novice

Post by Rugogold » 12 Jul 2011 22:54

This will be OT, but...
Laurel wrote:so our 2 Rangers vs Ash 45minute brawl was quite close to that :lol: 8-)
Yep, not far from.. altho that one-hour fight was against Arlenn (!) of everyone. Of course, it was with crappy equipment so a cadet who stumbled in helped me finish him off.. the cadet was doing the best damage in that fight. :)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 12 Jul 2011 23:35

And thats why i went merc :p
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 12 Jul 2011 23:52

snake skin gloves

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 29 Jul 2011 19:26

Imbuements the answer to your ranger woes.

Arlenn usually does high enough damage to wimpy large characters rather quickly if it is going badly, so the fact that a ranger can fight him for an hour straight is actually a good demonstartion of their strengths.

I am guessing it wasn't a ranger blademaster, but then again the bmaster is equip dependant and you said you had junk.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 29 Jul 2011 19:54

Only if youre drunk Tarax.
You know, Terel is aanti-booze country.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/