Question about Ogres

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zestana
Expert

Re: Question about Ogres

Post by Zestana » 24 Jul 2011 21:46

Are guilds with crazy penalties for leaving, personally I don't think there should be any xp penalty but just skillwipes.
I think that this system should be implemented for any and every walk up and join guild.

In regards to skulling since from what you said that in a sense seems to be your guildstat I think an appropriate levelling meter would be proper. Similar to what some have discussed in regards to death penalty recovery. If you joined and just waited over time (what maybe 3-4 days) your skills would be back up again, or you could bypass this by killing for experience or a certain amount of skulls.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 26 Jul 2011 18:18

Zestana,

You *do* seem to have a fairly transparent agenda at work here, Zestana. ;-)

When I created the guild, I decided that there would be zero emphasis on guildstat. It is a completely throw-away concept with the ogres. Sure, they pay tax and drain exp into the stat just like any other guild, but it doesn't affect even a single aspect of their standing or abilities in the guild. Rather, the concept of skull collecting controls every single aspect of growth - a devastatingly singular concept (especially if you find skull collecting boring.)

When first created, the Ogres were (and still are, frankly) a fairly radical concept in the game. Their strange restrictions and trade-offs continually stress the design of the realms, and result in many buggy problems. The most common of these is that Ogres simply cannot complete numerous quests in the game. I fix these when I am able, but there are still probably quite a few that they just cannot complete. For this reason *alone* it makes sense to let Ogres leave the guild and rejoin without too much hardship (if they want to do a quest, and come back.)

But more than this, I created the Ogres with the idea that they are a very casual gaming experience. You come and go as you please. You do not have harsh roleplay taskmasters controlling anything. No one tells you what to do, ever. Sure, you might be a General or a Corporal, but even the freshest Peon recruit could still belch at you in response to a direct command without any guild-supported penalty coming their way (other, perhaps, than a Volkswagon-sized fist to the face.) Genesis has enough guilds with hardships upon joining and leaving, in my opinion. Both the Mercenaries and the Gladiators (each being of my own design) are meant to cure this issue.

So ... if you for some reason feel cheated that there are guilds that don't get a hot-poker up their trousers for coming and going ... well ... um ... all I can say is perhaps a few beers will help.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 26 Jul 2011 18:32

*chuckle*
*Raises a beer in toast*
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/