imbuement looting.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Re: imbuement looting.

Post by Kitriana » 06 Sep 2011 15:04

I'll answer Greneth through private PM
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 06 Sep 2011 18:15

Kitriana wrote:I'll answer Greneth through private PM
Why not post your opinion in public?
Atleast I'd like to hear it too.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 07 Sep 2011 05:39

Because perhaps I was divulging a little too much info about my guild's RP.. and I didn't want to do that in public. Some things should still be learned in game... get to know the Union...and the reason will become very apparent why We all feel that way.

Kit's player
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 07 Sep 2011 05:43

The way it was explained makes a lot of sense and can be used for a few guilds, I still think most free to join guild as well as any military groups would benefit from this.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 07 Sep 2011 07:56

Well, I've been a member of the Union with more than one character, and I don't see how it would ruin their game-experience.
So if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to hear your reply in PM then.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 07 Sep 2011 10:38

Greneth wrote:The way it was explained makes a lot of sense and can be used for a few guilds, I still think most free to join guild as well as any military groups would benefit from this.
While not absolutely against rack logs, I still don't see how "this" would work in eg Merc guild. Who decides what's allowed and what's not? How would you kick out racklooters from a guild without any mortal leadership? And since it's free-to-join, won't they just rejoin?
Or would the idea be to just have logs available to everyone, so while you can't actually boot anyone, you'll be able to see who's behaving badly and have a chat with them? And eventually drive your point in the hard way, to teach people good rack-manners. Perhaps that would work?
This is not to put you down. It's a question, since I don't see how you would plan for it to work with the Mercs. As I suggested here? Or some other way I've missed? Or perhaps it works for other free-to-join guild because they work differently compared to Mercs?
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 07 Sep 2011 10:51

Booger wrote:
Greneth wrote:The way it was explained makes a lot of sense and can be used for a few guilds, I still think most free to join guild as well as any military groups would benefit from this.
While not absolutely against rack logs, I still don't see how "this" would work in eg Merc guild. Who decides what's allowed and what's not? How would you kick out racklooters from a guild without any mortal leadership? And since it's free-to-join, won't they just rejoin?
Or would the idea be to just have logs available to everyone, so while you can't actually boot anyone, you'll be able to see who's behaving badly and have a chat with them? And eventually drive your point in the hard way, to teach people good rack-manners. Perhaps that would work?
This is not to put you down. It's a question, since I don't see how you would plan for it to work with the Mercs. As I suggested here? Or some other way I've missed? Or perhaps it works for other free-to-join guild because they work differently compared to Mercs?
It would be so people could police it the hard way, while not perfect it can be a lot more useful then the current system.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 07 Sep 2011 11:06

Ahh! Ok, then.
I'm not the one with power to do anything, of course, but I won't argue against it. As long as it's explainable (some npc handling the racks - would be enough to have the npc just in the room description) I'm fine with it.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/