imbuement looting.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: imbuement looting.

Post by Amberlee » 21 Aug 2011 15:47

So wouldnt you say that the job of the Arch of Players and Arch of Balance is to give the players the best environment possible?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 21 Aug 2011 17:59

Arch of Players: I guess so. But what's the "best environment possible"? Certainly not to make everything easy and effortless. Or we should instead demand that all guild racks (and donation boxes) had a good set of eq that respawned as soon as someone took it. That would solve all these problems and nobody would have to get disappointed when logging in, leaving again because the racks didn't have any decent eq.

Arch of Balance: Definitely not! He should handle balance! A good balance will provide a better environment for players, but it's still a very different area.
Handling rack looters has very little to do with balance.

So if you think this is a serious matter that has to be handled globally, then Gorboth is probably the one to turn to. But I feel this thread has shown quite clearly that this is an issue to bring to the guildmaster first.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 21 Aug 2011 22:57

Well Booger,
5-6 years ago i would agree.
But many guilds now have inactive guildmasters.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 22 Aug 2011 00:56

That's of course a problem. Hard to convince someone who isn't there.
If he's inactive, then why not demand a new, active, guildmaster? With some luck you might get someone who both listens to you and agrees - problem solved.
So mail Gorboth and explain that your gm is missing and you need a new one.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 22 Aug 2011 04:24

Better yet, do what I suggested and deal with it in-game. That is where I conduct my business. :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 22 Aug 2011 08:35

All because Pasha stole imbuements again...

*sigh*

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 22 Aug 2011 08:47

amberlee wrote:But many guilds now have inactive guildmasters.
comming from someone who is inactive himself? ;) :lol:

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 22 Aug 2011 11:40

bromen wrote:All because Pasha stole imbuements again...

*sigh*

Again Pasha wasnt online.. ;) So no...

But sinch I started this thread i might share some thoughts.

To have rack logs for councils to view only can only improve the gameplay. It will give the chance to grab the offender and take a serious talk with him/her.

It will eliminate all the bad will in guilds and distrust, Because people would know there would be someone looking over them. and It we will be able to sort out the bad seeds. and have good working RP in guilds..

I dont see any reasons not to have this.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 22 Aug 2011 16:47

Laurel wrote:
amberlee wrote:But many guilds now have inactive guildmasters.
comming from someone who is inactive himself? ;) :lol:

I am however NOT a guildmaster :)

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 06 Sep 2011 00:13

I always miss the good discussions.

For people like Kit, if your able to could you explain why a rack log would ruin the theme of your guild?

Rack logs wiz info.. that's a stretch and don't even get me started on the many things that are or have been allowed.

And back when Damaris was still around and GM for Glads or attempting to work on a recode this discussion came up then as well on the boards. My idea after many of my items disappeared and days of frustration was to post that I was tired of it and going to station an idler to keep track of the racks. In less then 10 min before I could even think of coming up with a funny name she came down, informed me that an idler was not going to be allowed, it was illegal and the character would be banned if I did it again as my note was removed.

So I'm not sure why this topic is ignored through out the years or swept under the rug after the hype blows over but for whatever reason and many excuses later I've come to the conclusion that there must be some form of game where the wizards get bored of coding and steal items from the racks just to watch us pull our hair out in frustration while they laugh and place bets on who can piss said player off the most. Thus any form of tracking would ruin there game, hence why they are so against it becoming global.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/