imbuement looting.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

imbuement looting.

Post by Alorrana » 30 Jul 2011 11:11

Racks.

Again I ask Would it be possible to have racks made like the necro racks, where you can see who takes and who gives? Its a bit annoying that cool imbuements get taken from racks because people can use the stones.. Now its not rack looters, but Imbuement stealing.. And it sickenes me that people act this way still.. I thought i was playing with an adult crowd..

So please if you want more fights and deaths, show us the thiving pricks who just wants to piss on the rest of us and just think of them selves and their greed, and let us kill them..

Its okay if the player that gets it mistakenly drops it in the racks, sure he can grab it again and go disenchant em.. but to hoard all items and go disenchant em for personal benefits.. its just pisses one off..

Alor.. Pissed Lt of AA.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Bromen
Champion

Re: imbuement looting.

Post by Bromen » 01 Aug 2011 18:01

Should I refer this thread to the fb post about people putting EQ before people? We had the same problem in the BDA and it seems you might have inherited the problem.

-B

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 01 Aug 2011 19:54

Gotta love having Pasha in the guild hmm? :p
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 01 Aug 2011 21:53

Pasha wasnt on when it happened. and sinch we have no other means to see ho logs in and out, other than the book in AA. its hard to catch the sinner. But it wasnt Pasha. ;)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 02 Aug 2011 07:53

I still can't believe why the Wizards refuse to just give each guild decent racks, that can help prevent racklooting. It's not like things have to coded, just copy-paste the code from actual working racks, say Necromancers or such.

It causes so much grief both in AA and Mercs and other guilds, and it's so easy to fix, that it almost seems the Wizards enjoy seeing players being pissed off about this time and time again. It can't be because it's not easy to properly fix, atleast.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 02 Aug 2011 08:40

Makfly wrote:It causes so much grief both in AA and Mercs and other guilds, and it's so easy to fix, that it almost seems the Wizards enjoy seeing players being pissed off about this time and time again. It can't be because it's not easy to properly fix, atleast.
I believe there are means available to the leaders of most guilds to root out those who they suspect steal from the racks. Problem is do the thieves overall benefit the guild more, by giving alot and taking little ? Of course that would mean people would actually have to keep track themselves :o
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 02 Aug 2011 08:47

Karpath wrote:I believe there are means available to the leaders of most guilds to root out those who they suspect steal from the racks. Problem is do the thieves overall benefit the guild more, by giving alot and taking little ? Of course that would mean people would actually have to keep track themselves :o
Would you care to put up your recipe on how "most guilds" can realisticly take care of this problem themselves, because I'm sure there are quite a few, besides me, that would like to know.

I would be surprised if there is an easy, unknown recipe for how to combat this problem, all the while players have been frustrated by this problems for literally years and years. But I'm not going to prentend to know everything, so I'm honestly interested in hearing your recipe for success.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 02 Aug 2011 20:27

Would you care to put up your recipe on how "most guilds" can realisticly take care of this problem themselves, because I'm sure there are quite a few, besides me, that would like to know.
Know personally each member and his behavior. Be more active, than your guild memebrs. I can tell who was in the game during by 8 hour "watch" from my guild, and what was in racks when i log in and log out. And i know, who may steal and who not and why and for what. I know reputation and history of all my guildmates, their hunting ground and so. I can contact them, find them, and exa them to see what EQ they are wearing and wielding.

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 02 Aug 2011 21:58

Davvol wrote:
Know personally each member and his behavior. Be more active, than your guild memebrs. I can tell who was in the game during by 8 hour "watch" from my guild, and what was in racks when i log in and log out. And i know, who may steal and who not and why and for what. I know reputation and history of all my guildmates, their hunting ground and so. I can contact them, find them, and exa them to see what EQ they are wearing and wielding.

That. Except knowing each and everyone in the guild personally is perhaps, as it is, impossible.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 02 Aug 2011 22:44

See, Makfly? You only have to be online 24/7, check the racks a few times per hour and note down differences, check wholist now and then to see who's online at which hours, and go find them now and then to make surprise checks on what eq they wear. And getting to know each one in person, figuring out who they are and how they behave... but that's optional - can be skipped if you wann'a be lazy.
Piece'a cake! :lol: (yes, I'm kidding)
For items you wann'a keep for yourself, perhaps it could be possible for members in that rich people's guild to buy their own personal chest? For a ludicrous amount of money, of course. Say 50k platinum for a chest that can hold 1 item, and 20k pc extra for each additional item you want to be able to store in it. And if you reach 25 item space (530k pc) you get instead a chest that can hold an infinite amount of items. Another 100k pc and it becomes portable, possible to place in any starting location of your choice, visible only to you. And for another 500k it can be transformed into a weightless chest you can carry with you, just like the lapidarium.
Would give rich people something new to work towards. And I assume it'd be a task that could take a while.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/