imbuement looting.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Makfly
Champion

Re: imbuement looting.

Post by Makfly » 03 Aug 2011 00:03

I said realisticly, so come up with a better plan please.

One for people with jobs, other hobbies, wives and lives, preferbly.

That or the Wizards could just get to copy-pasting decent racks to all guilds...
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 03 Aug 2011 18:44

Makfly wrote:I said realisticly, so come up with a better plan please.

One for people with jobs, other hobbies, wives and lives, preferbly.
I have job, wife, ex-wife and 2 kids. What i'm doing wrong?
And here is no problem with rack looting in BDA. You souldn't do it alone. All high ranked guild members should take part in it

Targun
Adept

Post by Targun » 03 Aug 2011 18:50

Yes because it's so amusing and no sick at all, that instead of having fun playing the game, people are to spend their time on tracking who could have stolen those three lines of text. Someone would have to be either mental to actually act like that or just... mental.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 03 Aug 2011 22:54

Targun wrote:people are to spend their time on tracking who could have stolen those three lines of text.
It's also part of the game and there some fun in it

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 04 Aug 2011 08:14

errrr - I can't see how it's intentionally part of the game to suggest to players, they should spent their gaming-time on things you mentioned ...

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 04 Aug 2011 09:00

it shouldnt.. It just pisses off people when it happens..

I dont see why a layman guild like necroes can have those Uber cool racks that shows what goes in and what goes out, and by who. In a layman..

And most prime guilds dont have it.. Shouldnt the cool "racks" be in the normal guilds, and then have the lesser cool racks in layman guilds.

I think prime guilds should have the prime stuff. and laymans should have a normal rack/chest.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 04 Aug 2011 18:58

Laurel wrote:errrr - I can't see how it's intentionally part of the game to suggest to players, they should spent their gaming-time on things you mentioned ...
Things i mentioned is in-guild interaction between players and guild control by high ranked members. It's not a part of the game anymore?

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 04 Aug 2011 22:06

Alorrana wrote:it shouldnt.. It just pisses off people when it happens..

I dont see why a layman guild like necroes can have those Uber cool racks that shows what goes in and what goes out, and by who. In a layman..

And most prime guilds dont have it.. Shouldnt the cool "racks" be in the normal guilds, and then have the lesser cool racks in layman guilds.

I think prime guilds should have the prime stuff. and laymans should have a normal rack/chest.
There are things that some guilds have that others don't have. We all got saving racks now right? It is part of the diversity those guilds offer really. In the end it all will brew down to who wears what color of robe/armor and who doesn't - everything else will be the same. And no, melee will be melee and casters will be casters. Just so you cannot make some spinoff thread of off that.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 05 Aug 2011 03:33

Having the same rack is not a question of diversity, imo. It's a question of efficiency. Have one rack that everyone inherits, with a possibility to set up the unique features you want (descriptions, limitations, log-option etc). Then when someone takes the time to fix a good listing, everyone can benefit from it. Same with saving/logging possibility, and for finding/fixing bugs etc.
That way, it will at least not be a question of whether someone should put down time to add logging-possibility to a certain guild - if logging exists for some but not for others, it's because the immortals felt that some guilds should have it and some shouldn't (desired diversity, not due to lack of time/effort).
And then this discussion would be more interesting - currently I don't know if the lack of logging possibility is because the immortals want it so, or if it's because it's a lot of work and therefore not a priority thing to add.
(and with one base-rack, DO might get racks with less messy item-listing)
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 05 Aug 2011 03:38

With admittedly having no knowledge of the implementation cost, it does seem like the 'necro rack' model as the basis for all guild racks is a great idea IMHO.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/