Once-Per-Reset Quests

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Re: Once-Per-Reset Quests

Post by Kitriana » 19 Aug 2011 14:25

oh yes -- lets add the quests that when the NPC gets killed.. you can't do the quest!
ie Jadestone...

She gives you quest... you run off to complete.. but come back and TADA -- she's dead. And when she regens.. then magically she has no idea she's given you a quest to do.. so you have to ask her for the quest and start ALL over again. I can't tell you how many times I've cursed people for killing her just for that reason.

Shaman near solace also gets killed and you can't get the quest done because people want the weapon
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 23 Aug 2011 18:08

Kitriana wrote:oh yes -- lets add the quests that when the NPC gets killed.. you can't do the quest!
ie Jadestone...

She gives you quest... you run off to complete.. but come back and TADA -- she's dead. And when she regens.. then magically she has no idea she's given you a quest to do.. so you have to ask her for the quest and start ALL over again. I can't tell you how many times I've cursed people for killing her just for that reason.

Shaman near solace also gets killed and you can't get the quest done because people want the weapon
This is definitely worth thinking about.

Ashur
Apprentice

Post by Ashur » 25 Sep 2011 18:38

Anyone know if the Spectacle quest for Tarshir can be done more than one per arma?

I seem to recall the spectacles that he wants being in a certain location, but the last few times I've checked there, they are not to be found.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 25 Sep 2011 18:41

You need more than normal awarness to find em.. they are there ;)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Ashur
Apprentice

Post by Ashur » 25 Sep 2011 18:43

Hrm. Anyone got an awareness imbuement ;)

Okay, thanks, I'll keep searching.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 26 Sep 2011 07:56

Ashur wrote:Anyone know if the Spectacle quest for Tarshir can be done more than one per arma?

I seem to recall the spectacles that he wants being in a certain location, but the last few times I've checked there, they are not to be found.
The way you wrote "a certain location", it sounds a bit like you refer to 1 location?
Just wanted to make sure that you knew, they could spawn in many different places there.

Long ago I found the spectacles right after Armageddon in a location, I think was inaccessible to anyone not a member of "a certain guild"...But it's been a long time ago, so I could be wrong about the location being inaccessible for non-members, and can't check it these days either.
Anyone else had similiar findings?
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Ashur
Apprentice

Post by Ashur » 26 Sep 2011 15:34

Makfly wrote:The way you wrote "a certain location", it sounds a bit like you refer to 1 location?
Just wanted to make sure that you knew, they could spawn in many different places there.
Yes, I know that they can spawn in any room in the area. 'Certain location' was a bit too specific for what I mean.
Makfly wrote:Long ago I found the spectacles right after Armageddon in a location, I think was inaccessible to anyone not a member of "a certain guild"...But it's been a long time ago, so I could be wrong about the location being inaccessible for non-members, and can't check it these days either.
Anyone else had similiar findings?
This would be very frustrating if it were the case. I know that I've seen them while wandering around there before ... I just didn't realize they were for a quest at the time. :cry: Now that I actually need them ... they are no where to be found. Can anyone confirm or deny that it's possible that they are only accessible to members of the guild Makfly refers.

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 06 Nov 2011 00:33

Laurel wrote:I'd rather point to the disappeared (recently) worms in Shire. Once there were hordes of them, now they are non-existant ...
Does anyone know where you can get a worm these days? There don't seem to be any around the Shire.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 06 Nov 2011 04:55

Greywolf wrote:
Laurel wrote:I'd rather point to the disappeared (recently) worms in Shire. Once there were hordes of them, now they are non-existant ...
Does anyone know where you can get a worm these days? There don't seem to be any around the Shire.
Worms are typically found in the grasslands around Hobbiton. And to add to the spectacle discussion: I believe that the only time I did this quest was when I was doing another in the area and finding the spectacles was just a byproduct...
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 06 Nov 2011 12:34

Greywolf wrote:
it quite seemed recently like they became random - either in large numbers or 0 ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/