Once-Per-Reset Quests

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ashur
Apprentice

Once-Per-Reset Quests

Post by Ashur » 18 Aug 2011 01:54

Hello there folks.

Recently I posted on the board in sparkle asking about whether or not the wizards had given any thought to the Once-Per-Reset quests that still exist. Gorboth quickly responded and requested that a list of such quests be compiled and given to the wizards so they can start working on them quest-by-quest. This would be a fairly difficult task to accomplish on my own, so I'm asking everyone to give me a hand.

We're looking for quests that can only be completed by one character each Armageddon.

I will keep tabs on this and edit my post to keep a running list. If you know a quest that meets the criteria, please post the name and location as a response. If you don't know the exact name, give me a good guess at the name or a general description (not answer, mind you). I'll do my best to give an example of both options below.

So, quest name would look like this:
Bury Bones (Avenir)

A general description would look like this:
Maya, in the Bazaar, is mourning the loss of her husband.

Thanks for all your help, and let me know if I haven't been clear about anything.
Ashur

The List:
Bury Bones (Avenir) -- Under discussion
Pie Quest (Middle Earth) -- Needs confirmation
Last edited by Ashur on 18 Aug 2011 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

Laurel

Re: Once-Per-Reset Quests

Post by Laurel » 18 Aug 2011 09:47

I'm quite confident bury bones can be completed by more than 1 char each Arma tho ...

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 18 Aug 2011 11:14

What about the Pie quest in Middle Earth?

Ofcourse I don't know the code behind it, but I always thought of it as a "once per arma" quest - Maybe it's just a pain in the ass to solve, but not impossible to solve more than once per armageddon...I dunno?
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 18 Aug 2011 11:39

I'd rather point to the disappeared (recently) worms in Shire. Once there were hordes of them, now they are non-existant ...

Ashur
Apprentice

Post by Ashur » 18 Aug 2011 15:48

Laurel wrote:I'm quite confident bury bones can be completed by more than 1 char each Arma tho ...
Hm, perhaps I am missing something then. But when I attempt the quest, I get a message that seems to imply that it has already been done. I find it hard to believe that I am unlucky enough that each time I have tried, someone else has done it just before. Especially considering the amount of times I have attempted this quest.

I'm not sure how much we can discuss this without breaking boundaries, but I think it is safe to say the following: When I have the bones and try to dig a hole to bury them, in a place that seems appropriate, I am told something like "There is a feeling of peace here, you better not disturb it." There are only so many places that are even possible to dig in the place the bones must be buried (I know cuz I've mapped the whole place and marked which rooms will let you dig).

As I said, perhaps I'm missing something. But the message can only mean so many things, and I believe I have eliminated all but 1 possible explanation (being able to be completed only once per arma).
Makfly wrote:What about the Pie quest in Middle Earth?
I'll add this as a possibility until it can be confirmed or denied. As it were, I've never been able to do that quest either.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 18 Aug 2011 17:42

I'm not sure about once per arma (it might be)-- but the eyeglasses quest in Krynn is super annoying to me. If you go looking for them.. and someone moves the glasses for some strange reason - you cant do the quest. But basically - If you don't pick them up for the original spot they were generated in during that arma.. when you bring them back to questmaster --- he claims you cheated.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 18 Aug 2011 17:56

There are some timing issues too with some of the middle earth quests...

IE -- helms deep quest -- while a cool quest in concept - you have to time yourself just right or you end up standing around waiting for the time to adjust so you can complete the quest.

One of the evil quests over near corsairs... the whole pebble thing is quite screwy in terms of regenerating...

really anything related to time in ME can be painful to those questing...

Terel has the sandal quest which has regenerating issues.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 18 Aug 2011 19:04

I hope ferret names quest fixed already? It also was once-per-arma.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 18 Aug 2011 20:58

Kitriana wrote:Terel has the sandal quest which has regenerating issues.
The issue with the sandal quest is that it only spawns if someone explores Terel enough to trigger the quest to spawn. It's not that it doesn't reset, which it does, after someone does the quest. It's actually much more likely that people will be able to do this quest more with the longer Armageddon, because it'll actually mean that people will get more opportunities to explore Terel enough to trigger the quest to spawn.

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 19 Aug 2011 11:17

petros wrote:
Kitriana wrote:Terel has the sandal quest which has regenerating issues.
The issue with the sandal quest is that it only spawns if someone explores Terel enough to trigger the quest to spawn. It's not that it doesn't reset, which it does, after someone does the quest. It's actually much more likely that people will be able to do this quest more with the longer Armageddon, because it'll actually mean that people will get more opportunities to explore Terel enough to trigger the quest to spawn.

Shouldn't it be better for all players if questrooms/questitems were pre-loaded at upstart of the game ?
Shouldn't take that much power from the machine to do so or ?

Or when you start a certain quest, like the spectacles for example , make the npc trigger to load the rooms? To avoid people ruining for eachother then
you put in a blocker that the Questmaster says: I have allready send <insert_name_here> to help me with this problem,
if <send_player> isn't back within 15 mins you can ask me again and I will give you the task/quest/problem. And then
the questmaster will dispatch a messenger to the one currenty solving the quest saying. New_player is wanting to solve
my quests, are you going to finish yours ? Please hurry. Signed Questmaster Xxxxxxx xxxx . Which will give the solving
player a chance to contact the other that also wanna solve the same task/quest/problem.

You can then mail the person doing the quest and ask if he/she/it is working on it but needs more time. Just to be on
the polite side.

*shrug* just brainstorming ideas out of my head.
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/