Ntell

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

Ntell

Post by Alorrana » 03 Nov 2011 13:49

Hi there.. Shouldnt we make the Ntell/Nline avaliable for free chat with in the game.. I mean whats the friggin issue here.. that a few wizards dont want it.. and rest of us dont actually mind it.. Do we have to obay cause a few doesnt want whats good for the rest of the population.. ?

Frankly I dont get it.. its logged and monitored anyway.. so if people could still be warned if they say things they musnt.. but its simply to silent.. Most are affraid of using the Nline cause some pissy wiz will come down whining and warning.. Uhh booo hooo your talking.. Shame on you Booo Booo.. Im a wiz I say.. Your a Player, You obay.. ?? thats how it is..??? Pardon my french,. but fuck that..Its keeping people away from ingame stuff and they take it to msn, skype, icq or what ever... wouldnt it be better if they talked ingame.. to show some life when a new player comes in to the game?? insted of just silence.. ?

Make the Nline free to use for what ever people want. and then put a chat on/off option on it.. We have to move forward.. And WE HAVE TO... its that simple.. the promotion campaign isnt going that well by the looks of it.. and we restrict people from talking... that just doesnt add up..

So from this day on, Ill be warned 10000000000 times and proberly loose my ability to Ntell, but Im going to speak and bring some life in to the game... And I encurrage all people to do so as well. And to hell with what wizards say on this subject.. cause they are preventing the most vital form of social behaviour.. Talking..

Post offices and messengers arent enough when your young and new to the lands.. caus you have no clue where they are, and how to use them, and you dont remember anyone or meet them.. so the nline is the only way to get in contact.. and when they are affraid of doing that.. they think.. Sit here in silence.. no one to talk to, or log on to a different mud where people rp and talk to eachother and have fun.. What would you do..?

REVOLT AGAINST THE NTELL RULES.. TALK TO PEOPLE... MAKE THEM FEEL WELCOME..

Alors Player.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Amberlee
Myth

Re: Ntell

Post by Amberlee » 03 Nov 2011 14:26

Im with you on this one.
Makes noe sense really to restrict it and make the peeps suspect that the game is dead even before they exit newbie lands.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 03 Nov 2011 14:30

I want some channel to to be able to talk... Or LFG channel or something.
But that also might spoil some of genesis atmosphere... But ...

We have to dance easily on this one..
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 03 Nov 2011 14:46

It wouldnt spoil a darn thing.. Genesis need a face lift.. and a serious one.. we cant rely on Ohh we are an old and cool mud where you cant talk to newbies via the Newbie chat, and we have to keep everything as in the days of old.. It just doesnt cut it.. We need to talk to newbies, regardless of them asking for help and what not.. Just keep in mind its, the player that talks not the character.. Keep a friendly and polite tone.. Its logged anyway, so if people say something they cant.. Wizards will warn or say no no.. or what ever.. but it wouldnt spoil anything at all.. if anything, it would make the game feel more alive. And a place where people would think. Here is life, funny and nice people, and boy when i meet their characters. It was totally different.. Omg, Good rp, Im comming back..

Now its out of newbie land.. and silence.. You can ask for help.. but you have no one to talk to.. no one to socialice with.. and its keeping people away.. there can be 50 online and you can still manage to be quite alone in the realm, cause your affraid of using the nline.. because what if you spoke to much.. an angry wizard would come down and yell your ass off, warn you and tell you that your a really bad person for talking in game.. Thats just bollocks..

And for people who didnt want to listen in on the talks.. "remove newbie pin" or "oprions chat off" Its that simple.. no need to whine and fear it spoiling things.. If it spoils it for you.. disable it.. and let the rest of us enjoy the social aspect of it..

And there is no excuse why this shouldnt be done.. besides the wizards perhaps claim Uhh they have no time to look through the logs and what not.. but thats bollocks.. they look through them now.. and can easy color code words like quest, tasks, cheat, and what not to scan through the logs and see if there is anything said that should not be said..

Genesis needs to change.. be more public friendly.. not a game filled with restrictions and angry wizards..

And I know wiz force is against the chat.. but if most of us are for it.. i say the mass rules.. and we change it.. what will they do.. remove it entirely and make new players really suffer.. Or will they see hey, its working.. lets do something posetive.. :)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 03 Nov 2011 16:58

I don't get it - did someone say you can't help newbies via ntell?

Global chat lines is not what Genesis is about, since it's a Roleplaying World, but AFAIK the newbie line is an exception intended to help newbies to not be isolated until they learn how to use the post office (which is not hard, btw).

If what you are advocating is a move towards global chat on Genesis, let me say that this not good for the game. A lot of people do enjoy it as a roleplaying environment and would also take exception to your description of the will of "the majority".

I do hope that by "move on" you don't mean that Gen should change to become just free WoW without graphics. Because that would be the death of this game.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 03 Nov 2011 17:31

Recoba wrote:I don't get it - did someone say you can't help newbies via ntell?

Global chat lines is not what Genesis is about, since it's a Roleplaying World, but AFAIK the newbie line is an exception intended to help newbies to not be isolated until they learn how to use the post office (which is not hard, btw).

If what you are advocating is a move towards global chat on Genesis, let me say that this not good for the game. A lot of people do enjoy it as a roleplaying environment and would also take exception to your description of the will of "the majority".

I do hope that by "move on" you don't mean that Gen should change to become just free WoW without graphics. Because that would be the death of this game.
Oh noes, not again.

Stop using WoW as some kind of ultimate monster - It's a weak scare-tactic, used to hammer down any suggestions to improve upon Genesis. Especially if any such improvement exist in another (current) game, which is usually do.

A general chatline will not be the death of the game, that's just hyperbolic. It already exists in one form or another, depending on which guild you belong to, or if you're a newbie.

Personally I think that a simple chatline is a bad idea, it needs to be integrated within the game.
Make it a spell to send messages into this plane, where beings from all the realms can communicate through. Draw up some simple quest in Sparkle, as well as a bit of lore, to make it seem like more than a simple chat. Karcadelt could be the instigator of this, since he's already involved in magic and hangs around in Sparkle.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 03 Nov 2011 18:03

What Makfly said!
Brilliant idea :)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 03 Nov 2011 19:35

Can't we just bring back the old IRC channels and advertise/give links to them at the main page?
Nowadays there are even IRC clients embedded in websites for ease of use.

Example: http://www.sabayon.org/chat
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 03 Nov 2011 20:12

Why are mail or messengers bad? Or meeting up with the person to chat? I have broken my pin twice, first time was because of stupid chat on it. I am against a chat channel. Wizards should start understanding that they can not give the players what they want but what they need. Don't make things easier, make it more interesting instead. A chat channel will look like this.
Player A: Hey dude where are you?
Player B: I'm killing xxxxx wanna join?
B: Sure meet you there in a sec.

Why couldn't they try to keep it in game? A chat channel is just an excuse to be even more ooc. In game some people at least try to be a bit rp-ish. In game things should be kept in game and out of game should be kept outside the game. Don't mix them.

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 03 Nov 2011 20:34

arcon wrote:Why are mail or messengers bad? Or meeting up with the person to chat? I have broken my pin twice, first time was because of stupid chat on it. I am against a chat channel. Wizards should start understanding that they can not give the players what they want but what they need. Don't make things easier, make it more interesting instead. A chat channel will look like this.
Player A: Hey dude where are you?
Player B: I'm killing xxxxx wanna join?
B: Sure meet you there in a sec.

Why couldn't they try to keep it in game? A chat channel is just an excuse to be even more ooc. In game some people at least try to be a bit rp-ish. In game things should be kept in game and out of game should be kept outside the game. Don't mix them.
That.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/