Alignment

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zestana
Expert

Alignment

Post by Zestana » 14 Nov 2011 20:48

Can someone explain to me the alignment system in Genesis and why it works the way it does. I killed about 500 wights in the barrow downs to go from damned to blessed, to kill two minor human npc's near Garren while trying to heal up a bit that dropped me from blessed to nice.

My immediate reaction was... what the f***.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Alignment

Post by Cherek » 14 Nov 2011 20:58

If a doctor saves one life, its still not fine to end another life and call it even. You still go to prison for a long time. :) Its easy to be evil, and it takes longer to atone for your crimes and return to being good again. I think its makes perfect sense actually.

I understand your point though. From a mathematical and balanced point of view it should of course be exactly the same both ways. I like the current idea better myself though.

Anyway, thats the explanation I always used at least.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 14 Nov 2011 21:17

I can understand that philosophy at the same time I think that's still a bit drastic. I can see how from a roleplay perspective it should be harder to attain a holy alignment and vice versa much easier to reach a damned alignment, but that seemed extremely drastic to me. Two kills negating over a hundred instantly.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 17 Nov 2011 10:29

Go kill Baxter or Calof :twisted:

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 29 Dec 2011 00:52

Or vice versa with Verminaard.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Creed

Post by Creed » 29 Dec 2011 22:13

I guess difference there is that Calof and Baxter are pushovers..
Not exactly the word I would put on Vermie.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 29 Dec 2011 23:20

Actually the fastest way to shift alignment I have found to date is in the newbie area south of Pelagir.
There are orcs there attacking the docks and humans defending them.
Killing the orcs makes you good, humans make you evil.
They are easy to kill of course and the shift is faster than barrow wights etc.
Only catch is that the area is only accessible by wanderer and below.

But it is great to have a way for newbs to move align fast, as sacrifice duck quest in Sparkle can leave them evil and otherwise its very hard to fix that. (If they want to, but since there are a lot of goodie quests its kinda a given they should be good at least for a while)
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 31 Mar 2012 14:40

If you finish the tutorial as goodie the duck sacrifice thingie doesn't really budge your align. And I don't really get all the fuss, I've found it pretty easy to stay good/evil once you maxed it out. But then again, most of the time I've been a member of a guild favouring one of the extremes. Neutral guilds don't give you such a sense of belonging and unity as stricte black & white ones.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 01 Apr 2012 07:49

at one point i managed to somehow drastically injure my alignment in re albi to this day im not exactly sure how. if you got a guild that can detect alignment it is much easier to prevent mistakes.

Though i do think the alignment system should ake level into account with its count. make make good vs evil start 1:1 then as you move up in level make it harder to raise good and easier to raise evil.

This also works in rl as people often defend people with...but hes only a child. or I was a kid when i did that. as you get older people expect more from your reputation and are less likly to forgive a few murders between friends.

Id also live to see a lawful vs chotic alignment but i guess that is represented with Brute.
quests being lawful and just killing stuff is chaotic,

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 01 Apr 2012 08:59

I think that alignment has too much power in genesis.
Alignment is still very relative.

Example:
Killing small orc/goblin child makes more holy.

It seems to me wrong

I think alignment should be more descriptive than functional characteristic of player.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/