Evil guilds, more or less folded?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Azarias
Beginner

Re: Evil guilds, more or less folded?

Post by Azarias » 13 Feb 2012 23:27

Or just turn the rewards into completely RP based things only, thus if you wish to stand out from the rest you do all the quests if not then you look like the generic race and can still become insanely powerful.

Doesn't effect anyones gameplay at all.
Two!

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 13 Feb 2012 23:32

Unique titles and appearances, perhaps access to x or y vendors with exotic stuff that enhance gameplay.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 13 Feb 2012 23:44

Cherek wrote:And instead of saying "many solutions have been presented in the past"... remind us? I said I had not seen a good solution but I would love to see one. If you sit on that information, tell me... us...
You've done this before, and really, you can't expect to be serviced like that.
If you are truely interested, the forum is searchable, and these issues have been discussed over and over with many suggestions posted to solve it.

I can though remind you of one of my suggestions.
Have only 1 type of Xp.
Multiply quest-reward Xp by a factor of X (100 for instance)
Leave it at that.
- Simple and code-light.

But given you being the resident quest-crusader, I doubt mine or anyone elses suggestion will satisfy you.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Azarias
Beginner

Post by Azarias » 13 Feb 2012 23:54

Kas wrote:Unique titles and appearances, perhaps access to x or y vendors with exotic stuff that enhance gameplay.
There ya go I like the vendor idea.
Two!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Feb 2012 23:57

Makfly: Uh... that was exactly the suggestion I mentioned that I liked. If you scroll up and re-read my post you quoted from you'll see that...Then you will also see that I mentioned the problem is that the entire playerbase will suddenly grow. And the biggest myths will probably grow the most since they usually have the most quests solved already. It might be a side effect that is worth it though? I dont know.

As for the other suggestions. I like them all, and I cant really remember having read them before. And no I didnt try searching since its such a mess finding what you want in tons of posts in different topics in who knows how many pages... I thought it was easier if someone with good ideas could summarize them here. Call me lazy if you want...

I'd definitely enjoy solving quests to get such rewards. I would even prefer it over the current XP/brute rewards I think.

And please Makfly, lets just keep it civil. There's really no need for bickering just because we disagree.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 14 Feb 2012 00:07

Sounds like we have a potential solution then?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 14 Feb 2012 00:11

Kas wrote:Sounds like we have a potential solution then?
Potentially. It will need a whole log of detail though if Gorboth is gonna bother listening. :) But if you're serious about it, why dont write down in detail how it should work and suggest it? All possible rewards included of course.

Now I am no expert, and it sounds kinda complicated of course. But perhaps it doesnt have to be. I mean, we know the total amount of XP all characters have. So if we just remove that XP and convert into into some type of "points", invisible for mortals but shown in the usual "You have gained a little experience from quests.."or something style... then we could award players based on these points. And dont have to even touch the individual code for the quests. So... if you got 1000 points you get the tier 1 reward, 2000 points you get to pick from tier 2 rewards... or something. Well whatever ideas we come up with...

I am just brainstorming here. Dont know at all if its possible or that "simple" as I explain. But my guess is it would potentially be doable. If, of course, some wizard is willing to code it, and the admin really thinks its a good idea.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 14 Feb 2012 00:37

You can do it rather simple with the questxp, really.

Since the amount of questxp isn't visible on your character, you could make a new indicator similar to how far from x to y as done with the size-system. This gives the player a sense of bearing and a _Motivator_ to continue questing beside regular grinding for size.

If you have ten tiers, you simply do something like dividing cap questxp with, let's say 100. Every 10% dings you into the next tier and opens a slot/vendor/whatever reward you can choose from. I you got only 5%, the indicator like the size-system tells that you are halfway to next tier etc, you get the picture. You may not even need to touch how the current questxp is stored in the character, just adding a few more functions and arrays including whatever is rewarded should do, atleast roughly.

It can be done quick and simple (and possibly dull), or you can flesh it out with all sorts of nifty stuff. Look how awesome they fleshed out the imbuements...the sky is the limit. :)

Since so many actually hates to be Questbound, I think a similar step such as this is the way to go for Genesis on the steps of evolution.

Azarias
Beginner

Post by Azarias » 14 Feb 2012 01:12

You could essentially keep the qexp the way it is and instead just let the exp build on a title or ranking system which allows new items to be available to you through a special vendor.

Or as stated above since I obviously have a problem reading first. :lol:
Two!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 14 Feb 2012 03:39

Kas/Azarias: Yeah, thats what I meant too, even though my explanation was a bit confusing. :)

Well yeah why not. I could see it make sense. It does need a theme of some sort, and of course these rewards need to make sense somehow. Its very vague at the moment. You had something more specific in mind Kas?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/