Evil guilds, more or less folded?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Evil guilds, more or less folded?

Post by Amberlee » 12 Mar 2012 03:56

Yeah i used to play Skyrim... But then i took an arrow to the knee..

Seriously though cant be because of games..
Seeing as Mass Effect 3 just went live and any RPG fans should and probably are playing that... I cant see the connection really.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 12 Mar 2012 13:29

think its because point and clik is only fun to a sertan point..dont really need much brain function to play em.. genesis requires atleast a wee bit of spelling words to get by.. click and point requires a good pc.. nothing els.. and really its absolutly nothing els.. forget those that say they RP on those games.. BS i say.. point click point click point click *drinks cola and eats snack*point click point click point click
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 12 Mar 2012 13:43

In BioWare game its never really about pointing and clicking..
Its about the awesome story being told.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 12 Mar 2012 15:54

If any game should have a current influence on the flux of the community, it is problably Star Wars: The Old Republic.

It's been out for a while now, and many people have already gotten a bit bored with it, so that frees up alot of "MMO-time". Maybe that's the effects of that we're seeing, in a small scale, in Genesis.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 12 Mar 2012 16:14

I'd rather credit Ilrahil for BDA resurrection - it's the biggest active fraction out there.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 12 Mar 2012 17:24

But Ilrahil never really left did he?

Targun
Adept

Post by Targun » 24 Mar 2012 12:03

Games came out for the past 20 years or so. You guys just found a new horse to beat. Players don't play Gen, because with whining-let me bot -no I won't let you bot, I'll llet you go full triggers, but be at computer- you made it a total bore.

Genesis is just a poor and a boring game. Face it. It's supposed to be online, but there's no community. You don't play it, you bot it, let your triggers play. Since it became so convinient and easy and monsters pose no threat, most of the scarce population just sets their triggers and goes afk.

Since they bot/trigger afk no player interaction is involved, they grow ridiculously fast- anyone who doesn't have a mentality of a zombie, and doesn't grasp a subtle idea of the growth for the sake of growth itself (even though it's completely useless as there is no competition, nothing to compete for, no PvP, no roleplaying) won't play the mud- pretty much 99,999 people. Yet alone to mention newcomers who would what? Play 2 years, just to discover everyoene else is bot grinding and join the ranks?

Are you out of your mind? Who the hell is going to play it for other reason than nostalgy and brief return? The combat system- even for a mud- is prehistorical. In fact there is none. There is no PvP. Therefore, nothing to stirr the 'community'. There are no challenges with grinding/eq hunting. Why on earth would anyone want to play Genesis? A masochist? It's a game for somebody tormented by utter boredom at work, who cannot surf the web freely or has literally seen every page on the internet.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 24 Mar 2012 16:22

I haven't logged in for about a year now, but completely agree with Targun.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Mar 2012 19:26

I still enjoy playing the game. Clearly others do too or none would be logged in. Its too bad you two dont like it, but considering there is so much you dont like about it you're probably better off playing a game you do like?

I dont understand the point of your note though Targun. If you dont like it, dont play. If you want to play, but want things to change, change it, suggest changes, help out. What you did now does absolutely nothing. I dont play WoW, but I have no problem with others playing it, and I certainly dont hang around WoW forums saying WoW sucks. It serves little purpose for anyone...

Targun
Adept

Post by Targun » 26 Mar 2012 01:11

'If you don't like it, don't play it'.

- If you don't like the movie, don't watch it. Don't boether commenting or making a review.
- If you don't like the food in the restaurant. Don't eat it. Don't bother telling your friends or that you paid for it.
- If you don't like a new law. Ignore it. Don't bother protesting.
- If you don't like somebody's racist opinion. Don't listen to it. Noone forces you to.

See a flaw already? I don't like it and I don't play it. I see no reason though, why should I be forbidden from voicing my opinion on the game board. That's the purpose of any forum after all, if you are not aware of it- discussing. Genesis have been made a bot game. I just stated the obvious. A tiny tiny bit of people who get excited by seeing another 'you made xxx progress while being afk and playing an online single multiplayer game' play it. There's another even tynier bit of those who play of nostalgy. Most people don't. Kind of to save you guys from coming up with artificial reasons for the game being what it is. Botting is not interesting. Even botters will eventually get tired.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/