How do you play Genesis?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Makfly
Champion

How do you play Genesis?

Post by Makfly » 29 May 2012 19:04

What does your normal session of play look like?
I'd like to know what you do, when you play Genesis.

I've stuck around for over 15 years, but can't motivate myself to do anything when I log in.
There are still quests to solve, but I really don't like questing - Even with solutions.
I am still FAR from Myth level, but I don't care for grinding, even with friends, of which I have (pretty much) none left in the game.
So I often catch myself logging in, doing a 'who fim', idling for 10 minutes and then logging out again.

So...What do you do when you play?
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Draugor
Myth

Re: How do you play Genesis?

Post by Draugor » 29 May 2012 20:41

Makfly wrote:What does your normal session of play look like?

I've stuck around for over 15 years, but can't motivate myself to do anything when I log in.
There are still quests to solve, but I really don't like questing - Even with solutions.
I am still FAR from Myth level, but I don't care for grinding, even with friends, of which I have (pretty much) none left in the game.
So I often catch myself logging in, doing a 'who fim', idling for 10 minutes and then logging out again.

Check if anyone fun is online, if not... depends on wether or not I have anything better to do, otherwise I go kill something, get bored and go outside or something :P
Once i popped myth I only have the guildtitles to grind for and I dont really feel like that since once they are popped... then what? Grow just to become big? naa

Jooli
Adept

Post by Jooli » 29 May 2012 20:57

I like the new exploration quest. Motivates me to revisit the world, and have a look at all the npcs and shops, bars and restaurants.

Ragni
Wanderer

Post by Ragni » 29 May 2012 22:21

Makfly wrote:What does your normal session of play look like?

At the moment I'm only hero so I've still got loads left to do. I've set myself the aims of trying to do all the quests and getting to myth. So if I've got time then usually I try an quest, if I'm short of time or I'm watching the kids then it's grinding.

Ragni

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 29 May 2012 23:19

Honestly I'm looking forward to Gorboth and the "Achievements" implementation. I enjoyed it very much on World of Warcraft, because its sort of the same. You can Quest, you can Grind instances, you can collect with professions, or you could do achievements.

I think that will motivate a lot of people. I think he should really toss a bunch of team oriented ones in there. Kill Balrog or Nazgul, or even Clear Mithas in less then 15 minutes with 3 players, etc.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 30 May 2012 08:54

Makfly wrote: So I often catch myself logging in, doing a 'who fim', idling for 10 minutes and then logging out again.

when I did:
check if racks are well - if yes:
check if grind-spot in team is open for me - if no:
Haradrims while LoL or WoT (or lately Aion or HOMM Kingdoms) on alt-tab cause Ranger racks have limited storage capacity (no comments) while I am ALWAYS short on cash
I know the way of "playing" you described well enough too - did the same sometimes for months

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/