New potential feature: please vote

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Should the <combatshare> feature be implemented in Genesis?

Yes.
43%
No.
57%

Total votes: 37

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: New potential feature: please vote

Post by Cherek » 29 Aug 2012 16:01

Draugor: Probably not, but it's obviously been done several times. And thats an extreme case, not all bots are that huge. (yet). Adding this command would still simply remove the possibility of going after someone for stealing your kills. Making botting even safer the botters even bigger. I don't think it makes anything better really.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 29 Aug 2012 16:36

Draugor wrote:(...) have a trigger to run home if attacked by a player? :P
You know nothing, Jon Snow ;p
Knowing Irk, I wouldn't bet even fake money on him having such a trigger.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 29 Aug 2012 16:39

Cherek, you make some really good observations here. Looks like we have a majority against the idea, and some compelling arguments to explain the choice. I also really do agree with the assessment that this is not black and white, and that many who bot probably also do other things in the game between bot sessions.

Now, this does not mean that botting should be tolerated. It will not be. We need to get the point across that botting is definitely bad for the game, and that it is not welcome. If this means that some of these players choose to stop playing, I am fine with that. Do I feel it is warranted to be overly harsh with them? No, and I feel I've now given fair warning and been fairly mild in the first maneuvers to get us back on track. This being said, the penalties in <help botting> are both fair and very clear. Bots can expect to meet an opponent who will slay them. Me.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Creed

Post by Creed » 29 Aug 2012 18:19

Then I hope you plan to slay them without any recoveries.

Better would be to just take away 50%+ of their combat xp, since its probably been gained in an illegal way.
To just kill a botter, as if dead the usual way, isn't really much of a punishment, in my eyes.

People must know that an assesment is made, and based on that you lose X % of your combat-xp..
One should not be able to gain anything from botting.

If you just kill them, they have gained a new "high" for where their recovery ends. Which is a win.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 29 Aug 2012 18:57

Creed wrote:Then I hope you plan to slay them without any recoveries.

If you just kill them, they have gained a new "high" for where their recovery ends. Which is a win.
This is quite true. I'll look into that.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 29 Aug 2012 19:17

As long as you are sure said person is in fact a bot all is well.
Wizards and mortals have been playing bot-police in the past and most
used retarded ways of 'revealing' you were a bot.

One wizard moved me to some random crap room and when my trigger typed
ogre special in client due to it was reloaded he explained I was a bot and the next
time he would punish me much worse. Since it fired after he moved me :shock:

Another mortal claimed to follow me about and tried to talk to me. Since I never liked
this person I didn't respond and after room cleared I manually moved to next. Enough
proof and all bots must die!!!

It is really hard to make the call, probably great if the bots vanished so <insert complaining player>
can grind with his/her team of chit-chatting roleplayers that never even use triggers.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 29 Aug 2012 19:54

OgreToyBoy wrote: It is really hard to make the call, probably great if the bots vanished so <insert complaining player>
can grind with his/her team of chit-chatting roleplayers that never even use triggers.

Atleast you make a difference between player and bot, thats a good first step :P

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 29 Aug 2012 21:20

OgreToyBoy wrote:great if the bots vanished so <insert complaining player> can grind with his/her team
I feel like this when reading some posts here as well ...

Archie
Apprentice

Post by Archie » 29 Aug 2012 21:38

Hello all,

I really hope I am not giving away any game secrets here but whenever you are in a fight you get tagged as being in a fight. The wizards can (unelss I am mistaken) change the state of your being. If you suddenly stop being in a fight because a wizard removed your "fighting" status then suddenly your specials will say things like "You are unable to attack...." or "There is no such target" and such things.

If at the same time the wizards actually remove the opponents, then a bot will most likely move on. A player wouldn't. He/she would wonder what the hell happened.

If by some chance the person is actually a player, losing one kill or two will not matter, and the wizard can simply say "Apologies, bot check" and move on. I for one would not be angry to lose some grinding xp in order to have wizards to active bot checks.

It should not be too hard to do things for a wizard that us players can not see, meaning there is no text involved which our clients can trigger on.

Right? Or is my guessing of how Genesis works out of a code perspective completely wrong based on my general programming skill?

Archie

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 29 Aug 2012 22:13

Can't do a test like that and allow scripts.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/