Guild recodes, a hypothetical scenario.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Guild recodes, a hypothetical scenario.

Post by Draugor » 17 Sep 2012 22:28

And is there anything thats actually beeing done on said red listers?

Thats actually more interesting if anyone is working on them

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 17 Sep 2012 22:35

Draugor wrote:And is there anything thats actually beeing done on said red listers?

Thats actually more interesting if anyone is working on them
The guilds listed in Red have received some level of attention, and have been worked on. I am not aware of any current activity, however.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 18 Sep 2012 01:48

SS, definitely :) (it's probably the easiest guild to recode - comparing to the others left, and probably the most useless atm)

Megarius
Apprentice

Re: He came upon an orange grove And he rested

Post by Megarius » 27 Sep 2012 21:38

strider wrote:
amberlee wrote:And do it asap, no more of that "but we need to fix the new magic system first" crap.
This thread made sense to me because I believe that the character power imbalance problem is the biggest flaw in Genesis playability....[/quote]

^^ This 100 times. Some "guilds" are considered to be more 'elite' than others. So in order to balance that elitism they created stupid rules of joining particular guild based on RP or whatever. How does this help the balance in the game? What is the difference if I have to answer 5 questions to join specific guild or if I have to go through a one week recruitment process? What I could never understand in Genesis is how come some Morgul Mage can poison you to death while all you can do is just whack him with a sword/axe shoot arrows.

I think that whole guild system is unbalanced in Genesis. If one guild gives you an ability to kill other players/mobs so easily while other guild doesn't give you any ability to counter that it creates unabalance. Some guilds in Gen are very PvP focused based on what skills they give their members while other guilds abilities are only good for PvE.

I know that this can be discussed for ever and people will find all kinds of excuses like learn to play, find a ranger friend to get a posion cure potion blah blah. Maybe when there was 100 people playing every day back in days it worked fine that "goodie" guilds could support each other and fight off "evil" guilds and their superb abilities.

I think considering its 2012 and not 1995 any more and how many people play today every guild must have open recruitment and guilds have to be balanced to each other keeping in mind what abilities they give their members.

Just my 2 cents.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 28 Sep 2012 16:36

Perhaps you should apply to the mages and do that week with recruitment process? I'll promise you a fair shot at it if you apply. Also, MM is possibly the guild there exist most counters for in terms of itemization and imbuements, rendering them entirely impotent in any pvp engagements.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Aimee
Wanderer

Post by Aimee » 28 Sep 2012 16:45

Here is the problem,

For whatever reason, everyone thinks that another guild is overpowered and that their particular guild is underpowered. I've heard this all before. Mages saying that the ScOP are overpowered, ScOP saying that the Mages are overpowered, Knights saying its DA, DA saying its Knights, etc..etc..etc..

I mean and all of this is coming from people who are not in those guilds and likely never have been. Does a Mage come and attack you constantly? Do you not know that there are specific guilds designed to counter Mages abilities, even if it isn't the one you are in? I mean you can't expect a Knight to be able to cure poison from a Mage, but that Knight might have an Ally who can.

I think this game would be extremely boring if we followed a cookie-cutter everyone has similar abilities just they look different model. Sure I, as a Knight, might get owned by a similar size Mage, unless I was equipped properly and had an ally with me. But really, how often in this day and age are you actually just attacked out of the blue by anyone in a guild that actually makes valid attempts at Roleplay. I'd say, unless you are walking around with FBB, you are likely pretty safe.

Let's move forward and get back on Topic. In regards to the Guild Recodes, I'd like to see the magic guilds finally be completed. Especially ones that were having a major overhaul. That'd be nice. After that I think we should look at population in guilds that still need to be recoded and start with those that will have the greatest impact. Why recode a guild that has no one in it? Sure, people might join just because it's been recoded, but I'd say lets start with those places where we will make the biggest difference.

Aimee
vita aeterna

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 28 Sep 2012 16:50

Kas wrote:Perhaps you should apply to the mages and do that week with recruitment process? I'll promise you a fair shot at it if you apply. Also, MM is possibly the guild there exist most counters for in terms of itemization and imbuements, rendering them entirely impotent in any pvp engagements.
The RP involved in being a mage is really blown out of proportion, once it was true but these days mages are more interested in their stats than doing
any type of roleplay. Sure lets stock up on a crapload of magic resists, perhaps even battling off a mage of your size Kas, next day you get killed when
not in that gear. Third day maybe another death and yet another, until wizards interfere. Mages of today are equip-hoarding scripters of varying types,
some idle(You) and others herb/kill(the rest) but none do it manually.

Aimee
Wanderer

Post by Aimee » 28 Sep 2012 16:56

OgreToyBoy wrote:
Kas wrote:Perhaps you should apply to the mages and do that week with recruitment process? I'll promise you a fair shot at it if you apply. Also, MM is possibly the guild there exist most counters for in terms of itemization and imbuements, rendering them entirely impotent in any pvp engagements.
The RP involved in being a mage is really blown out of proportion, once it was true but these days mages are more interested in their stats than doing
any type of roleplay. Sure lets stock up on a crapload of magic resists, perhaps even battling off a mage of your size Kas, next day you get killed when
not in that gear. Third day maybe another death and yet another, until wizards interfere. Mages of today are equip-hoarding scripters of varying types,
some idle(You) and others herb/kill(the rest) but none do it manually.

Man, I just love conjecture. Everyone in (Insert guild here) are a bunch of idlers and scripters. They have no semblance of roleplay and all they do is kill everyone who crosses them. (Insert guild here) should just be closed.

And if you say it enough...eventually they will be...
vita aeterna

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 28 Sep 2012 17:17

I've yet to see anyone breaking character, and I see no difference in character play now vs a decade ago. Still the same, only less active mages of various ranks which results in less contact with others. And the ceremonies are truly epic/awesome, pity none else in the game actually witness them.

Probably some of our grinding routines are automated, I don't know (never asked the others) since I actually grind mostly _manually_ save for triggers, and some areas automations are impossible, or pretty stupid to even attempt.

Regarding gearhording, I find our racks usually modest, probably not even among the top 5 racks in the game (Just guessing). Trust me, it's nothing to write home about.

About us killing others: I'm not aware of mages killing someone repeatedly, ever.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 13 Mar 2015 12:15

Any updates on the guild recodes?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/