Making player levels private

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Should players be allowed to hide their mortal level, forcing other players to guess at their size?

Yes.
67%
No.
33%

Total votes: 39

gorboth
Site Admin

Making player levels private

Post by gorboth » 17 Sep 2012 22:32

It has been suggested that the decade-old decision to create player levels (titan, legend, myth) that cannot be reached by the average player has caused many to become disillusioned and eventually stop logging in. A way to address (not cure) this might be to give players the option to hide their mortal level, so that other players would be forced to guess as to their power and size.

Please vote as to whether you feel this would be a good change for the game.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor
Myth

Re: Making player levels private

Post by Draugor » 17 Sep 2012 22:39

Either that or go back to the old "Champion" thing, people only know sizes from meditation making people calling them "immortal champions" or in this case supreme champions

Was alot more mystery to the game back then and alot more teaming, today noone wants people with them unless they are atleast champ/legend, wich is sad to say the least :/

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 17 Sep 2012 22:46

Draugor wrote:noone wants people with them unless they are atleast champ/legend, wich is sad to say the least :/
so go out and change it ... can't you? you're making up for quite a few % of the active playerbase, as opposed to those times you compare the situation to - when you made up for 1 or even less than 1% of it

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Sep 2012 22:52

Laurel wrote:
Draugor wrote:noone wants people with them unless they are atleast champ/legend, wich is sad to say the least :/
so go out and change it ... can't you? you're making up for quite a few % of the active playerbase, as opposed to those times you compare the situation to - when you made up for 1 or even less than 1% of it

Make a char and try to get into a team for Xping when to small Laurel, and no not with one of yer mates, try getting a group for some decent xp around RH/Hero You know the lvl that you didnt use to have a problem finding a group at. The only thing the new titles did was alienate some people

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 18 Sep 2012 07:13

I voted yes, but on the condition that other changes will follow that will actually adresse the bigger, underlying problem, as this is, first and foremost more of just a cosmetic change.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Althyrian
Apprentice

Post by Althyrian » 18 Sep 2012 09:10

Characters should never have been allowed to grow as much as they have. Being able to hide your size wont fix what's broken so I voted no.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 18 Sep 2012 13:21

Althyrian has a point.
Not like we wont know who is big and not anyway.

Also its fully possible to reach titan, legend, myth as a new character.
HOWEVER!! The questing in genesis kinda sucks.
Why not add more of them?
You did introduce a cap on quest EXP, so there really is no point to regulating QEXP like you did before?

Also size is relative.
Combats count, mentals dont.
So per definition a titan goblin is WAY bigger then a titan gnome or elf.
This is a gross game imbalance that i know the admin doesnt care one bit about though, but i thought i'd mention it anyway.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Sep 2012 14:36

amberlee wrote: Not like we wont know who is big and not anyway.
Well you do now, and will for awhile. But a year or so from now we probably wont be so sure about everyone anymore.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 18 Sep 2012 15:44

Cherek wrote:
Well you do now, and will for awhile. But a year or so from now we probably wont be so sure about everyone anymore.
Unless you go and look at the Rankings page.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 18 Sep 2012 16:06

Cherek wrote:
Yeah we will.. For rankings and compare skill.
Compare may not be very accurate but even at noob levels it gives you a clue.

ALSO!

If you in fact are right, and people wont know.. You will have myths going around killing experts without consequence..
So yeah in retrospect.. changing my vote from yes to no.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/