Making player levels private

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Should players be allowed to hide their mortal level, forcing other players to guess at their size?

Yes.
67%
No.
33%

Total votes: 39

Amberlee
Myth

Re: Making player levels private

Post by Amberlee » 19 Sep 2012 07:31

Yeah.. not sure if its denial or naïvety.. But its to say the least mind boggeling at times.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Sep 2012 17:05

Makfly: Uh yes? Grinding back then was manual work using telnet, not botting / scripting. At least for me. Or what are you insinuating? Speak up if you have something to say.

Makfly / Amberlee: No I am not joking, why would you think that? I cant find anything funny about what I wrote. Hiding mortal levels wont make people differ less in size, but since you can decide to leave people guessing you may not feel the need to grind all days. Whats funny about that?

Targun
Adept

Post by Targun » 20 Sep 2012 01:51

With so few players itwon't probably change anything from the spot, but probably will bring positive effect as the time flows. I see very few reasons why not. Yes for me.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 20 Sep 2012 07:19

Cherek wrote:Makfly: Uh yes? Grinding back then was manual work using telnet, not botting / scripting. At least for me. Or what are you insinuating? Speak up if you have something to say.

Makfly / Amberlee: No I am not joking, why would you think that? I cant find anything funny about what I wrote. Hiding mortal levels wont make people differ less in size, but since you can decide to leave people guessing you may not feel the need to grind all days. Whats funny about that?
You know, I must admit that I just don't care enough about this game any more, to spend my time trying to convince you of why your arguments some times boggles the mind and are (involuentarily) funny.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 20 Sep 2012 07:23

Makfly wrote:I just don't care enough about this game any more, to spend my time trying to convince you
you are doing just that for quite some % of the posts written here (arguing - that's what the few active posters on this forum do among themselves, me included)
either you're fooling yourself that you don't care any more or you're trying a social-engineering trick on others there

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 20 Sep 2012 08:57

Laurel wrote: you are doing just that for quite some % of the posts written here (arguing - that's what the few active posters on this forum do among themselves, me included)
either you're fooling yourself that you don't care any more or you're trying a social-engineering trick on others there
Thank you for telling me how I feel.

I think I'll just drop visiting this forum for now.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 20 Sep 2012 10:06

Why don't you accept your emotions as something positive and build something on them? You are obviously emotionally attached to this game (or at least this forum?), just like Amber, Draugor and a few others are. You can easily tell by the fierceness of the discussions at times. We all don't act like people who don't care. Not even Blizz, who keeps writing it (and telling me the same over and over again) but still pops in here and posts.

People who don't care, don't post here, don't login, don't discuss, don't suggest ideas, don't argue - they left already WITHOUT saying a word about it (I bet everyone of us knows a lot of those people).

Take a step back. Build on the positive aspects, work on decreasing the impact of negative ones. We're all past teen age.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 20 Sep 2012 17:56

Laurel wrote:Why don't you accept your emotions as something positive and build something on them? You are obviously emotionally attached to this game (or at least this forum?), just like Amber, Draugor and a few others are. You can easily tell by the fierceness of the discussions at times. We all don't act like people who don't care. Not even Blizz, who keeps writing it (and telling me the same over and over again) but still pops in here and posts.

People who don't care, don't post here, don't login, don't discuss, don't suggest ideas, don't argue - they left already WITHOUT saying a word about it (I bet everyone of us knows a lot of those people).

Take a step back. Build on the positive aspects, work on decreasing the impact of negative ones. We're all past teen age.
Fantastic post!
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 20 Sep 2012 18:41

One of the things i agree with Laurel on!
We all love the game , and we all disagree and get in heated discussions.
I might nag on Gorboth and Petros for being lazy gits and doing things wrong all the time.
But i know too that they want what they think is best for the game(even when they are worng!!) :p
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 20 Sep 2012 19:00

Laurel: Who are you and what happened to the Laurel I used to disagree with all the time? I've now been agreeing with basically everything you post for the last month... :) Good post.

Amber / Makfly: Maybe I am naive, but I see that as a compliment. I rather be naive and hopeful even if it may sometimes be unrealistic. It was naive and unrealistic to decide to put a man on moon in the 60s, I think we could manage to bring an old game back to life if we really gave it a shot. Thats probably slightly easier.:)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/