Making player levels private

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Should players be allowed to hide their mortal level, forcing other players to guess at their size?

Yes.
67%
No.
33%

Total votes: 39

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Re: Making player levels private

Post by OgreToyBoy » 20 Sep 2012 19:52

I support a whole lote more secrecy for everyone except a select few trustworthy wizards.
Also why not just scramble the stats about a bit and do a statcut like the good old days when people
outgrew the content. It's been done before and the old stat-bat need to swing once again.

I was champion when I decided to engage in pvp with my first character and got totally whomped
by Thunder outside Bree, one carge and one smash and I turned into a death's door ranger pupil.

Such difference is once again upon us, only difference back then there were no other mortal title
after champion and you felt really big when you reached it. Until you ran into those brick walls of old.

Now you only want to pvp if you have tremendous stats and once there you can pretty much outrun
any non-magical attempt on your life. Unless fighting the palace guards in Kalaman, sorry Zestana.

Cut the cream off the cheese. Make stats even harder to aquire and have todays grindfest-sizes impossible
to reach, even for the most hardcore afk/'at-the-computer'/semi-bot/trig-mate character.

I will leave you with this message from our sponsors.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 22 Sep 2012 13:48

Cherek wrote:Laurel: Who are you and what happened to the Laurel I used to disagree with all the time? I've now been agreeing with basically everything you post for the last month... :) Good post.
I changed wording.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 20 Oct 2012 18:30

Make intro and who list only display the name and title, no race or mortal level (I've always found it funny that you introduce to people as "hero, human" for example).

You could also include a more descriptive level feature, similar to what Arkadia did:
When you examine someone you get a line of description saying "He looks like a very experienced person."

This way you can know someone's mortal level even if you don't know them by name. But you must meet and examine them. This would be better than hiding mortal levels alltogether, as it would also tie into the npcs so you could tell their size compared to yours easier.

As to the rankings, the physical, mental and overall champion sections could be removed and only last weeks money earners, killers, crafters and so on would be posted (without the lightweight/heavyweight difference).
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 22 Oct 2012 22:29

While we are at it .. why not hide all the guildtitles as well so people have to guess. Could end up with some really funny teams here...
Wouldn't that add some more "mystique" to the game.
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 23 Oct 2012 02:48

I think that leaving guildtitles is fine. It helps everyone:
- person having the title has something ot show off
- other people can see who's a member of which guild and can ask them for info on joining it etc.
- you can surprise everyone by being on the council in the guild at adventurer or similar level

Mortal levels requiring people to actually meet you and verify it would be great, not just for guessing but also for people who'd like to show their myth status they'd have to be seen.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 23 Oct 2012 05:40

How about giving a separate pool of experience for teaming with someone so after a fanta or so you can know their general level and actually see more of their title as time goes on.

-b

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/