Size inflation, gear inflation...

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhaegar
Legend

Re: Size inflation, gear inflation...

Post by Rhaegar » 16 Nov 2012 12:52

arcon wrote:Hide is the problem and kuko.

Sup journeyman is enough to see almost anyone hiding (except maybe RoN) without magical items. And then you have the problem that PoT and DAs attacked kenders on sight and if you couldn't fight them(militia jab was better then sling and no combat skills) and you couldn't sneak away or hide from them. So as a kender you were a easy target.
I bet you that with sup journeyman awareness you won't be able to see CoH or RoI, hell, you'll most likely not see Adventuresome Hobbits either. Unless it's in some strange place where hiding doesn't work too well.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 16 Nov 2012 13:07

Rhaegar wrote:I bet you that with sup journeyman awareness you won't be able to see CoH or RoI, hell, you'll most likely not see Adventuresome Hobbits either. Unless it's in some strange place where hiding doesn't work too well.
You lost.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 16 Nov 2012 13:25

How? With superior professional awareness you can't see thieves. How do you want to see them with superior journeyman?

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 16 Nov 2012 13:30

Uhhh.. what did I win? I'm 100% positive sneak/hide does not work like that. When I was a ranger I had ogres finding me constantly. And I haven't seen someone use kuko in ages. I was pretty sure it was made pointless with a lot of other herbs when the one per time limit came into effect.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 16 Nov 2012 13:38

Yeah.. as a ranger with sup guru sneak and hide.. I kinda find weird how easily just about EVERYONE sees me hiding and sneaking around.
So yeah, its not much use in sneak & hide.. Stalking Morgul mages that see you the instant you enter a room by default or because they sniffed up one kuko..
Kinda takes the point out of being in a sneaky guild.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 16 Nov 2012 13:42

Perhaps something changed then. I'm sure that hero thief was able to move unseen by myth RDA (if stats matter).

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 16 Nov 2012 14:59

Sneak works more or less ok. Most people don't see me sneaking but the moment they look or do a h all they will see me. It is MUCH easier to see someone hiding then notice when they leave or enter the room.

Kuko gives about 20 steps in awareness for a long time and there is no problem taking one and then wait 1 min and take another one to get +40 in awareness. Its a killer for anyone that wants to play a sneaky character.

About that hero thief, sneaking is one thing and hiding another thing and maybe he was just lucky.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 16 Nov 2012 15:02

Greneth wrote:I'm 100% positive sneak/hide does not work like that.
obviously - afaik it never did neither
but of course - what do I, you or Amberlee know about sneak/hide anyway ;)
by the way - please do not confuse sneak with hide
hide works pretty fucked up now, as all who use it (obviously more than Rhaegar) know already
sneak however is still quite good - I don't remember seeing many people "X sneaks direction" even with quite high awareness, with the obvious exception of some tuned up locations ("X sneaks the ship" ...)

it seems me and Arcon have similar experience with those ;p

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 16 Nov 2012 16:24

Your right on that seeing someone sneaking somewhere is rare, less they are entering, crawling, boarding ect.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 16 Nov 2012 16:45

Both sneak and hide are working rather oddly.
It's yet another thing on the very long todo list....

Sneak should probably be a bit more random and hide should work better than sneak but perhaps take time to execute...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/