Wizard work allocation

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Wizard work allocation

Post by Amberlee » 30 Jan 2013 11:16

[Moderator: This topic was split off of one from the Client discussion that got hijacked.]

You stole Eowul away for this?
Now i have to ask... Where are the guild recodes? :/
They have been expected for many years now.. They are very much needed..
And quite frankly, hearing new projects being started without having any eta or updates on the guild recodes is quite frankly disheartening.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Eowul
Wizard

Re: Client for Genesis (Mac/Win/Linux) (Insomnia adventures)

Post by Eowul » 30 Jan 2013 11:31

amberlee wrote:You stole Eowul away for this?
Actually, I am working on 3 projects at the same time:

- Morgul mage recode
- Genesis Mud Client / GMCP implementation in the mudlib
- Assisting with Mirkwood

Now you can say focus on one thing at a time, but a lot of these things require interaction between wizzes (balance) and players (descriptions), so I switch to whichever project I have sufficient input for, with the mage recode getting the priority if work needs to be done.
Caretaker of Arda

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 30 Jan 2013 12:03

They have been expected for many years now.. They are very much needed..
And quite frankly, hearing new projects being started without having any eta or updates on the guild recodes is quite frankly disheartening.

Give it up. The recodes will never finish.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 30 Jan 2013 15:28

eowul wrote:
Actually, I am working on 3 projects at the same time:

- Morgul mage recode
- Genesis Mud Client / GMCP implementation in the mudlib
- Assisting with Mirkwood

Now you can say focus on one thing at a time, but a lot of these things require interaction between wizzes (balance) and players (descriptions), so I switch to whichever project I have sufficient input for, with the mage recode getting the priority if work needs to be done.

Actually this is exactly what I am asking for.
A bit more transparency.
We all know that there are a shortage of wizards compared to the abundance of projects needing to be done.
However if we, the players, see that stuff actually gets done and that progress is made on projects such as the recodes, we can still have some hope that it will eventually get completed.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 30 Jan 2013 15:44

amberlee wrote:(...) we can still have some hope that it will eventually get completed.
except for treehuggers, who have such a great code noone wants to touch in fear of breaking it :twisted:

Eowul
Wizard

Post by Eowul » 30 Jan 2013 16:15

amberlee wrote:Actually this is exactly what I am asking for.
A bit more transparency.
We all know that there are a shortage of wizards compared to the abundance of projects needing to be done.
However if we, the players, see that stuff actually gets done and that progress is made on projects such as the recodes, we can still have some hope that it will eventually get completed.
While I can understand that, I am personally always relucant to share what I'm working, because of the very reason you mention, if I stop making progress for whatever reason, people's hopes would be dashed and such. The mages are very much aware of what's happening with the recodes, and how far we are / what needs to be done still, but given the nature of the guild, it's not something I openly want to share such as Gorboth is doing with his necromancers. We are going completely off topic though, so please focus on the mudlet mod that's being made.
Caretaker of Arda

Creed

Post by Creed » 30 Jan 2013 16:21

There is nothing called dashed hopes, anymore.

None of us dare believe anything will ever be done in a reasonable future, anyways.
It might actually just encourage us to hear about what ideas are being thought in the immortal world.
That something is actually thought about, at all.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 30 Jan 2013 17:01

We the genesis players are used to getting our hopes crushed by now.
So yeah sharing what you are doing is actually a good way to keep us interested.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/