Game Mechanic: Resistance (Magic) == Armour (Melee)

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
petros
Site Admin

Re: Game Mechanic: Resistance (Magic) == Armour (Melee)

Post by petros » 10 Aug 2013 17:56

Greneth wrote:My post sounded dickish, guess I jumped to conclusions a bit.

But will there be a cap on resistances like haste or will someone if geared right be able to nearly nullify a spells damage?
Haste was modeled after resistance, which was implemented correctly from he get go.

Alexi
Veteran

Re: Game Mechanic: Resistance (Magic) == Armour (Melee)

Post by Alexi » 12 Aug 2013 16:48

petros wrote:About npcs that heal (ala the experience that Laurel had), I like to base those decisions on theme. Does it make sense that an npc heals to full health the moment someone else attacks? I would think not. Unless there's some specific lore in that realm about it, I'd sooner just take it out and make it more reasonable.

The way that the orc captain is done, for example, is thematic and much cooler.
I was thinking more the Elf Leader in Qualnosit, Thanar will heal with his vanishing wounds, heck even Tom Bombadil will heal like mad. To me these heals almost seem like they are NPCs that people don't want killed, and without being able to stop the healing they are a huge PiTA without a massive group to out damage their healing.

Zhar
Wizard

Re: What about smiths

Post by Zhar » 14 Aug 2013 01:56

zar wrote:Hi

What about smiths with this change?
Will we be able to create armours with resistances?
Will we be able to get more details about what resistances by "sminspect"?
It's a question of "if the smiths should deal with the arcane or not?". If they would be granted options to craft enchanted items then I see no problem with judging details of resistances incurred by magical means. However, as it is now I think that it should only be limited (if ever implemented) to mundane armours only - like that: This pelt would provide a nice protection from cold. etc. - and display resistances granted by way of arcane simply as "This item is most likely enchanted." or however it does it now, without revealing any details.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Zar
Hero

Re: What about smiths

Post by Zar » 14 Aug 2013 11:00

Zhar wrote:
zar wrote:Hi

What about smiths with this change?
Will we be able to create armours with resistances?
Will we be able to get more details about what resistances by "sminspect"?
It's a question of "if the smiths should deal with the arcane or not?". If they would be granted options to craft enchanted items then I see no problem with judging details of resistances incurred by magical means. However, as it is now I think that it should only be limited (if ever implemented) to mundane armours only - like that: This pelt would provide a nice protection from cold. etc. - and display resistances granted by way of arcane simply as "This item is most likely enchanted." or however it does it now, without revealing any details.
Maybe only experienced smiths?
Making resistances bigger part of the everyday life, we need to adjust our knowledge.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/