Conflicts, intrigues, warring - Incentives

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Snowrose
Rising Hero

Re: Conflicts, intrigues, warring - Incentives

Post by Snowrose » 08 Oct 2013 13:13

it doesnt have to be assasination, They could add regular elections or the abilty to revolt. If the concern is lack of activity. at the very least the chance a leader might be replaced may get them online more.

It is true a lot of people may deside to quit if pked but preventing all pk or lowering penalties also have a similar effect cause pkers get borde easy. which is why the base idea was good non pkers could sneak out and capture bases noone is watching or durring odd hours. and feel like they are contributing. if people rush a defended base they are expecting the posibility. and active pkers arent feeling the need to pick on ppl cause they have something to fight for something that changes the game for everyone.

everyone has a different way they enjoy genesis, some like fights, some like teaming, some like quests, some like herbing, some like kicking back in the base chatting, some like hanging in sparkle. It is hard to please evryone. the best way to try is by giving ppl goals, mini pings, and things to hope for. so that making others miserablle is not the most "fun" way to pass your time.

Strider
Adept

Only That Which Might Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

Post by Strider » 09 Oct 2013 01:01

Kas wrote:what could work as a greater incentive to drag players out of their comfortzone and spark arrays of interesting/worthwhile encounters?
It seems to me that you framed the main problem correctly, that Genesis has devolved into a dumb grinder, but then only asked how we could address a small part of the issue.

Perhaps the correct answer is to change the entire incentive system. If minuscule Combat Experience Point outlays and the possibility of critical strikes made grinding below your weight-class self-defeating, there would be less of it. If there was no experience penalty for teammates and fighting up was greatly rewarded, there would be more activity in that direction. Even more so if the top ends of the stat curves were adjusted such that Supreme stats are closer in effective power to Epic than Immortal are to any named stats. These Players Vs. Environment adjustments would increase interaction and actually help initiate the conflict, intrigue and wars you're envisioning.

Now, when it comes to inter-character conflict, I am not convinced that would drive much enjoyment in our player community. I'd try to limit the negative impact by virtually eliminating the penalties for being killed by players, except for those inside the grudge system.
The preceding collection of words was presented by Strider's Player.
Any meaning you ascribe to them is most likely due to lucky happenstance or your misinterpretation.

If you'd prefer Strider's opinion, you'll probably have to ask for it in game.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 21 Oct 2013 06:44

Celephias wrote:As a side note, I applaud Manglor's in char response.
I also do, but with a slight delay - now. :twisted:

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 21 Oct 2013 12:49

Laurel wrote:
Celephias wrote:As a side note, I applaud Manglor's in char response.
I also do, but with a slight delay - now. :twisted:
[RP]

MANGLOR NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. FLAME TOUCH ME NOW ME BIG SMASHY OGRE.

[/RP]

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 21 Oct 2013 13:14

I keep my fingers crossed for that pro-active roaming flame, so that it touches all you multi-charers and you guys remove all your chars from positions of any significance in any guild except for ogres.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 21 Oct 2013 14:20

Laurel wrote:I keep my fingers crossed for that pro-active roaming flame, so that it touches all you multi-charers and you guys remove all your chars from positions of any significance in any guild except for ogres.
*snort*

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/