Conflicts, intrigues, warring - Incentives

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kas
Legend

Conflicts, intrigues, warring - Incentives

Post by Kas » 05 Oct 2013 18:48

Greetings.

Currently, it seems to me that the bulk of the population has but one primary goal in the game - To grow bigger(and prefereable on scripts).

If people have grown to propotions unfit for dieing(fear of death despite the recovery), crippling warring and conflicts with others (or spark some) as some may suggest, what could work as a greater incentive to drag players out of their comfortzone and spark arrays of interesting/worthwhile encounters?

What would You risk your beloved combatxp on for achievements related to warring/conflicts/intrigues and politics?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Conflicts, intrigues, warring - Incentives

Post by gorboth » 05 Oct 2013 20:11

This is one of the most important questions of the current era of Genesis. I wish I knew the answer.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 05 Oct 2013 20:13

One word: Irk.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 05 Oct 2013 20:27

Laurel wrote:One word: Irk.

Indeed, beeing an asshole and not beeing able to spell RP seems to have started alot o politicing :P Still say the game would be better of without

Yanus
Adventurer

Post by Yanus » 05 Oct 2013 21:53

Dwarves are stubborn. So is Irk.
They are quite unforgetful. So is Irk.
They are tough to kill. So is Irk.
They are not very sophisticated. Nor is Irk.
They are persistent. So is Irk.

He doesn't have to RP. He simply IS a dwarf.
Live with it.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 06 Oct 2013 03:49

one thing i see a lot in mmo end games is instead of linear progression when they hit "End game" they kinda start installing kinda a lateral progression concept, instead of just getting more powerful, they get access to exclusive areas, special quests that give random unique items. a special currency they can exchange for ..things.... custom housing, titles, emotes maybe the ability to store 1 or 2 non combat items, in essence instead of getting stronger they are just getting more...leet.

also they have the concept of "dailies" a quest you can only do ever 24 hours to get this currency.the idea behind dailies is you have a few quests you can do a day and your...done...go rp or something.. this prevents people from just grinding all day and all night.

what you could do is just cap xp per day if your a big myth, and give them a few quest able dailies only they can do. this gets them coming back every day but will limit how much they just hang out grinding in lowbie zones. offering special purchasable myth things, might also keep people interested.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 06 Oct 2013 11:02

Kas wrote:... what could work as a greater incentive to drag players out of their comfortzone and spark arrays of interesting/worthwhile encounters?
Only make stats below epic count in PvP.

It's very simple - but in a Free for All, Player vs Player game, with unlimited stat-gain, it is a neverending arms-race.
"I have to gain more stats, because everyone else in my remember list is already Myth level". That is my personal situation.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 06 Oct 2013 11:42

Makfly wrote:
Kas wrote:... what could work as a greater incentive to drag players out of their comfortzone and spark arrays of interesting/worthwhile encounters?
Only make stats below epic count in PvP.

It's very simple - but in a Free for All, Player vs Player game, with unlimited stat-gain, it is a neverending arms-race.
"I have to gain more stats, because everyone else in my remember list is already Myth level". That is my personal situation.
*cough*statcap*cough *

but seriously, a cap is the only thing that would work. Now we have a neverending stat race. To stop it you need to give it a end but also add something else to gain. perks that dont give combat aid.
The krynn war could be a lot more advanced with fun perks for the winner.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 06 Oct 2013 13:02

Once again and for all:

THERE IS A STAT CAP IN THIS GAME

Just because YOU (all you whiners) don't have the nerve to reach it, doesn't mean it is not existant. Quite a few people already reached the soft roof.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 06 Oct 2013 13:10

Also, that's the only thing Genesis currenty have (statgrinding).

Lateral progressions are missing entirely, meaningful warfare systems is too insignificant and nonexistent in major parts of the game, unknown mystieries also lacking.

It could be remedied with exploring following concepts:

1. Lateral progression, at a certain avglevel, let's say a derivative somewhere in the middlemyth range <insert avglevel here>, lateral progressions give the same yeld then better beyond this point, in terms of passive abilities, new specials, magical abilities etc.

2. Empowering the guild with claiming ownership of areas, or rooms - Mines/mills/farms/areas gives yeld and resources to someone's guildhall or city, giving better defence, armours, more store options and BONUS to members in forms like..5% xpbonus per kill, magical abilities etc as long as the places are helt/captured/sovereignity. To capture and held an area of significance, you need to go in guns blasing, kill the enemy guards and boss(belonging to neutral npc if not captured, else belonging to the guild owning it), then hold the area for x time before sovereignity kicks in, giving the guild some immunitytimer, a period of time it owns the place before it's open for assault.

Right now, there isn't much incentives of starting anything except complaining over killsteals and scripters in grinders. :(
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/