Conflicts, intrigues, warring - Incentives

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Snowrose
Rising Hero

Re: Conflicts, intrigues, warring - Incentives

Post by Snowrose » 06 Oct 2013 15:06

i very much like the idea of beingable to capture and or defend resources for some slight guild advantage, maybe give the farms/mines small shops that sell useful noncombat items, a farm can sell better than average food and drink, let people harvest eggs(str spell) and herbs if owned, a mine might general supplies and let people mine gems if owned, perhapse if you own a base you an buy special limited items right in your own guild.

downside as there always is is camping, and other tactics that take advantage of under-population.
there is also the issue of how long a system like this would take to code. what types of things you could
offer that would not be overpowered in the wrong hands. but not so insignificant that people consider them not worth defending.

But if Middle earth, Krynn, and Calia, had some of these "bases" People might actually feel the need for real meaningful alliances, not just the we all all allied cause we are "good" alliances we have had in the past.

Yanus
Adventurer

Post by Yanus » 06 Oct 2013 17:06

Ownership of areas could mean being able to access new grind areas, with bosses etc. (e.g. randomly respawnable thug's hideouts).

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 06 Oct 2013 18:26

Laurel wrote:Once again and for all:

THERE IS A STAT CAP IN THIS GAME

Just because YOU (all you whiners) don't have the nerve to reach it, doesn't mean it is not existant. Quite a few people already reached the soft roof.

I would put the cap at champ level. You are big enough to do a difference and in a well balanced team you can kill anywhere but you are not big enough to be able to kill the biggest "bosses" solo without risk.

In the warsystem I would like to be able to attack and take over enemy HQs. DAs can conquer VK and forcing the knights to start in Sparkle etc. Since the knights lost their HQ they would slowly loose moral and fight a bit worse. Knights could conquer and burn Sanction/Neraka. MMs rulig MT and ranger could finally retake Minas Ithil etc.
Guilds would gain/loose a bit of moral that increase over time which would affect combat abilities. I have more ideas on how to improve the warsystem with possibilities of constructing small forts, camps and setting up supplies caravans to the areas. Things to spend your coins on and to defend/sabotage and places for ambushes.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 06 Oct 2013 18:30

Another problem with conflicts are that people quit when they get killed.

I killed someone last week... and I have not seen the person awake since then. While I can hope they are just taking a break that coincides with the kill... I can only wonder. And I even returned all their armours/weapons and spell components to them.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 06 Oct 2013 19:37

Zestana wrote:Another problem with conflicts are that people quit when they get killed.

I killed someone last week... and I have not seen the person awake since then. While I can hope they are just taking a break that coincides with the kill... I can only wonder. And I even returned all their armours/weapons and spell components to them.
If that is true, then it would suggest that the sting of being killed is too big - That could be in terms of loss of Xp, or maybe because it seems hopeless to ever be able to do anything about being killed.

I have no idea who you killed, but at least I know I left the game in disgust at some point when I was killed in less than 10 seconds by a MM. I knew I could never get back at the person, and that powerlessness made me just go 'Why even bother?' and leave Genesis for a good while.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 07 Oct 2013 01:12

With recovery, getting killed isn't that big a deal all in all. No one enjoys it, but you're generally able to get back relatively quickly.

I always found the whole "We're all good aligned so we're allies" thing disingenuous. Even goodies have flaws, ambitions, alternative agendas, etc. There is a lot of room to RP some conflict within the goodies.

I find the whole Irk/Neidar thing is brilliant. They've effectively stated that they're going to do as they wish and that their not beholden to someone else's idea of what's right. They basically said to the rest of the alliance guilds, "your move". Those damn dwarves are as stubborn as ever, eh?!

RP the conflicts you want. Dive in ya'll! The water is warm! ;-)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 07 Oct 2013 06:39

Celephias wrote: I find the whole Irk/Neidar thing is brilliant. They've effectively stated that they're going to do as they wish and that their not beholden to someone else's idea of what's right. They basically said to the rest of the alliance guilds, "your move". Those damn dwarves are as stubborn as ever, eh?!

RP the conflicts you want. Dive in ya'll! The water is warm! ;-)
As far as I recall its actually only Irk thats beeing an asshole (go figure) The other Neidar have been trying to save this but him beeing an officer and the guild not having any actuall guild leader kinda puts the rest of them on the spot.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 07 Oct 2013 08:53

Colourful and stubborn dwarven personalities. What's not to like?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 07 Oct 2013 08:55

Draugor wrote:The other Neidar have been trying to save this
please name one who is NOT another alt but actually more or less a "main" char

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 07 Oct 2013 12:52

Laurel wrote:
Draugor wrote:The other Neidar have been trying to save this
please name one who is NOT another alt but actually more or less a "main" char
In before: But you have a Nazgul that has to be your main. Nope, Mang has been for quite some time.

Beside the point now, but Manglor tried in game but gave up. It was clear nothing was going to change. I did not want to join Knights and am still shocked at how bad they are, but RP is RP.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/