Conflicts, intrigues, warring - Incentives

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Manglor
Rising Hero

Re: Conflicts, intrigues, warring - Incentives

Post by Manglor » 07 Oct 2013 13:08

Kas wrote:Greetings.

Currently, it seems to me that the bulk of the population has but one primary goal in the game - To grow bigger(and prefereable on scripts).
Problem stems back to changing titles from champion to the various levels we have here. This has been said over and over, but it's true. The 'myth grind' is overwhelming for powerplayers, and while the desire to grow always existed, it was less important before. The aura of mystique was there before. Yes, he/she is a champion but how big? People roleplayed more, went on more killing sprees - who cares if you died you were still champion! In a game that revolves around stats at its core, are you surprised that people want to increase them as much as possible?
Kas wrote:If people have grown to propotions unfit for dieing(fear of death despite the recovery), crippling warring and conflicts with others (or spark some) as some may suggest, what could work as a greater incentive to drag players out of their comfortzone and spark arrays of interesting/worthwhile encounters?
Remove the loss of combat xp for death. Maybe a type of penalty such a resurrection sickness from WoW (the next few hours of RL time you do crappy damage, have reduced stats and are tired all the time.) Sure, idle it away if you like. But I firmly believe that if you die and all you risk losing is your gear/coins/gems, people will be more apt to jump into the fray. Recovery xp is awesome and I love it and it's the best change I've seen in a long time (I tend to die)...
Kas wrote:What would You risk your beloved combatxp on for achievements related to warring/conflicts/intrigues and politics?
Global announcements on PK's (similar to those when a new wiz is made), rankings, make it matter for guilds that have direct opponents - DA/Knights, Ranger/AA/MM, etc. The "war ratio" this Arma for DA/Knights was 5 DA kills to 2 Knight kills, DA gets a benefit this Arma to XYZ.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 07 Oct 2013 15:56

Laurel wrote:
Draugor wrote:The other Neidar have been trying to save this
please name one who is NOT another alt but actually more or less a "main" char

I actually only know of one Neidar alt, and I'm not giving names as I'm quite sure its illegal :P So I cant mention to many, doesent change the fact tho that only one Neidar is interested in beeing a complete asshole, the leader isnt interested... period and the others dont want his shitstorm to hit them since they are not completely moronic.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 07 Oct 2013 16:20

Draugor wrote:the others dont want his shitstorm to hit them since they are not completely moronic
Irk + Logg you named
C. is not interested but if you're talking about him, I bet he will have a good laugh
V. doesn't give a fuck about Knights or Calians either way
since you mention a plural number of people, that's already a total of 6+ (!!!) active chars in the Neidar Clan ... seems awfully plenty people are playing (or not?) Neidar dwarves, especially considering the activity levels of the whole donut

I'm sorry, I know logic can't beat emotions, but I keep trying

or wait - are you talking about an obvious half-hearted lack-luster second, who just so happened to pull in the admin into his recruitment process that he himself blew down the gutter first? :lol:

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 07 Oct 2013 16:28

Laurel wrote:
Draugor wrote:the others dont want his shitstorm to hit them since they are not completely moronic
Irk + Logg you named
C. is not interested but if you're talking about him, I bet he will have a good laugh
V. doesn't give a fuck about Knights or Calians either way
since you mention a plural number of people, that's already a total of 6+ (!!!) active chars in the Neidar Clan ... seems awfully plenty people are playing (or not?) Neidar dwarves, especially considering the activity levels of the whole donut

I'm sorry, I know logic can't beat emotions, but I keep trying

or wait - are you talking about an obvious half-hearted lack-luster second, who just so happened to pull in the admin into his recruitment process that he himself blew down the gutter first? :lol:
I have actually recieved a number of mails from other members in the clan requesting not to be dragged into one members idiocy, a total of... 4 actually aside from Mang O_o

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 07 Oct 2013 16:29

that's more activity in the Clan than over last 3 years I guess lol
which proves my point - Irk = activity! lol

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 07 Oct 2013 16:42

Laurel wrote:that's more activity in the Clan than over last 3 years I guess lol
which proves my point - Irk = activity! lol
Aye, he has the power to make people come online to tell others they want no part in his idiocy :P

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 07 Oct 2013 20:50

I think this whole situation is rather consistent from an RP perspective:

You have a member of a guild doing as he wishes, regardless of perceived arrangements/treaties/etc
The council of that guild chooses to do nothing about it, therefore offering tacit approval of the action(s)

In char, this is really easy to understand. That other Neidar do not want to be painted with this brush is their prerogative, but why would the rest of the donut, *in character*, not believe this is the policy of the guild? If the guild membership is so upset about it, why not a coup? Maybe an ambush of the renegade element?

If, in character, others felt this was the way the Neidar was going to be operating then it would seem that attacks against any Neidar would be appropriate.

There are lots of possibilities here!

As a side note, I applaud Manglor's in char response. It would be easy to email councils of other guilds and say "Hey, you guys know that's Irk and I'm not a part of it", but instead his departure says (to me anyway) that "I don't like where this guild is heading so I am going to leave."

As for Irk, I think his char should behave however he wants and deal with whatever the consequences. And to be fair to him, that's exactly what I have seen from him. His behavior after his death was completely in char from what I have seen from him without a bit of OOC complaining.

Finally, all guilds should support assassination as a means to electing a new leader. ;-)

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 07 Oct 2013 21:08

Sounds like all guilds need some mechanism to assassinate their leaders.

Hmm... ;)
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Yanus
Adventurer

Post by Yanus » 07 Oct 2013 22:05

That'd be a little problem for M&M's, wouldn't it? One could say your position within a guild depends on the # of deaths. The more the merrier. :mrgreen:

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 07 Oct 2013 22:15

Yanus wrote:That'd be a little problem for M&M's, wouldn't it? One could say your position within a guild depends on the # of deaths. The more the merrier. :mrgreen:
Would it? :D
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/