Quest orbs

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Quest orbs

Post by Draugor » 08 Nov 2013 20:44

Wouldnt it help if the quest orbs where somewhere in the actual area that you where questing in?

Having to travel back to sparkle and screw around is quite aggravating when you need a clue or want to check if you have or havent done something.

Kiara
Champion

Re: Quest orbs

Post by Kiara » 08 Nov 2013 20:53

Draugor wrote:Wouldnt it help if the quest orbs where somewhere in the actual area that you where questing in?

Having to travel back to sparkle and screw around is quite aggravating when you need a clue or want to check if you have or havent done something.
I think just as with ships, the idea is to draw people to Sparkle. So more people meet there.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Nov 2013 21:37

Kiara wrote:
Draugor wrote:Wouldnt it help if the quest orbs where somewhere in the actual area that you where questing in?

I think just as with ships, the idea is to draw people to Sparkle. So more people meet there.

Imo the ships are more than enough for that, running back for quest hints especially for newbies I think will just be annoying since they are most likelly in the zone so to speak, and for larger players to check if they have done a quest connected to a mob they are about to fight or if they should save them for others etc.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 08 Nov 2013 21:43

Maybe let people pick up a small little orb they can carry with them but that drops and dissolves when they put it down or log out.

could be a lot like the little pumpkins we can get for the scavenger hunt. Except temporary and then people would have to get one each time they want to go out questing but will have it until they decide they are done.

Windemere

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 08 Nov 2013 23:10

Draugor wrote:want to check if you have or havent done something.
so you don't have a spreadsheet with that for each char?!?!?

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 08 Nov 2013 23:17

Windemere wrote:Maybe let people pick up a small little orb they can carry with them but that drops and dissolves when they put it down or log out.

could be a lot like the little pumpkins we can get for the scavenger hunt. Except temporary and then people would have to get one each time they want to go out questing but will have it until they decide they are done.

Windemere
Nice, that'd be cool. A short-term questhelper.

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 08 Nov 2013 23:42

Manglor wrote:
Windemere wrote:Maybe let people pick up a small little orb they can carry with them but that drops and dissolves when they put it down or log out.

Windemere
Nice, that'd be cool. A short-term questhelper.
I like it!

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 10 Nov 2013 23:53

Or ... you could just go back to Sparkle. ;-)

I hate cell phones. I refuse to have Genesis be a game you carry in your pocket everywhere you go, in likewise fashion.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Nov 2013 00:02

gorboth wrote:Or ... you could just go back to Sparkle. ;-)

I hate cell phones. I refuse to have Genesis be a game you carry in your pocket everywhere you go, in likewise fashion.

G.

Oooor you could make something that doesent annoy the crap out of people :P "Just go back to sparkle" Give us the wizard teleport ability :P

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 11 Nov 2013 07:18

gorboth wrote:Or ... you could just go back to Sparkle. ;-)

G.
I understand your sentiment here, but you are always talking (or seem to be to me) about how we can make Genesis friendly towards the player who is currently a graphical MMO type user. How we can convince them the Genesis is fun to play too.

These are the ways.

Saying "no, I refuse" in a situation like this is silly when literally every major MMO has a quest log that isn't even an item that you carry on your person, but rather a meta-game log that opens up so you can read it. Most even give you a direct map on how and where to go to work on the quests. I'm not saying we need to exactly mimic it, but having to run back to Sparkle every time you want to recheck your quests-to-complete or to manage a damn spreadsheet for each of your characters is exactly the type of thing that will drive new players away. Especially when our quest syntax problems are already bad enough that it's nigh on impossible to pick up the game and play without begging a more experienced player for a quest doc.

Sorry to be blunt, but I'm trying to convey that this is not an attitude that will help us attract new players.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/