Quest orbs

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zar
Hero

Re: Quest orbs

Post by Zar » 11 Nov 2013 10:15

Make quests optional

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Nov 2013 13:12

zar wrote:Make quests optional

Here comes he usual babble about "The are optional but you cant do aything else tan stay a reenhorne forever blablablabla"

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 11 Nov 2013 20:00

Draugor wrote:

Here comes he usual babble about "The are optional but you cant do aything else tan stay a reenhorne forever blablablabla"
Quests should have been thrown out years ago, or this whole idea of brute. Do quests, get some nice xp (up to a max of available qxp), great way to grow quickly but remove brute. Another of Genesis' features that belong 30 years in the past.

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 11 Nov 2013 20:42

Manglor wrote:
Draugor wrote:

Quests should have been thrown out years ago, or this whole idea of brute. Do quests, get some nice xp (up to a max of available qxp), great way to grow quickly but remove brute. Another of Genesis' features that belong 30 years in the past.
You'd need to considerably up quest rewards then though. To make it worth something. Transforming quest XP to just general XP and letting the amounts stay the same would mean quests become pretty useless. A big quest would be worth about as much as joining a big player for 5 min of killing... Or a few more minutes of killing alone...

I realize I am a minority for enjoying quests, but personally I think the game would be very boring if it was just grind and not even any quests to solve. But that all depends on which types of players you want in the game.
Last edited by Kiara on 11 Nov 2013 21:07, edited 1 time in total.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 11 Nov 2013 21:02

Agee with the above. My favorite part oh genesis was questing

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 11 Nov 2013 21:08

Agee with the above. My favorite part of genesis was questing

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 12 Nov 2013 00:53

Bringing this back on topic...

The quest orbs were originally written to be portable and carried by each adventurer. As part of the Sparkle Hub project, we ended up keeping the immobile and in the Tower. At the time, the ships had not yet been completed, so it could be that it is no longer needed.

I'm open to the possibility of making them portable again. Maybe as a quest item =P

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 12 Nov 2013 08:54

petros wrote:Bringing this back on topic...

The quest orbs were originally written to be portable and carried by each adventurer. As part of the Sparkle Hub project, we ended up keeping the immobile and in the Tower. At the time, the ships had not yet been completed, so it could be that it is no longer needed.

I'm open to the possibility of making them portable again. Maybe as a quest item =P
One of my chars already has like 15-20 auto-loading quest/guild equipment. I don't think it is such a great idea to add to the clutter.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 12 Nov 2013 17:02

Why not a temporary orb that you pick up in sparkle and take with you as you go questing around the realms. When you quit or drop this item it dissolves.

This way you have to go to sparkle to get the orb and run into people and it doesn't clutter your inventory by autoloading.

Windemere

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 12 Nov 2013 17:06

Windemere wrote:Why not a temporary orb that you pick up in sparkle and take with you as you go questing around the realms. When you quit or drop this item it dissolves.

This way you have to go to sparkle to get the orb and run into people and it doesn't clutter your inventory by autoloading.

Windemere
Sounds good to me!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/