Automization of Guild Specials

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Wolverine
Adventurer

Automization of Guild Specials

Post by Wolverine » 12 Nov 2013 10:55

The old Mercs had this and it was awesome..

I don't think it should be taxed and it would help all the newcomers swell when the Donk just go of on the target you fight.

Wolvie

Zar
Hero

Re: Automization of Guild Specials

Post by Zar » 12 Nov 2013 10:57

wolverine wrote:The old Mercs had this and it was awesome..

I don't think it should be taxed and it would help all the newcomers swell when the Donk just go of on the target you fight.

Wolvie
Although frequent lag is not part of game, this can be nice feature (But it should be optional).
In PvP fights, sometimes you want to delay special to create damage burst.

Mumon
Wanderer

Post by Mumon » 12 Nov 2013 12:26

+1

I think all guilds with specials should have this as standard with an option to turn it on and off. It would be in line with the overall direction of the game to move towards more standardized guild features e.g. magic system.

Some advantages:
- Less spam from triggers to send special commands when you're auto attacked etc.
- Improved safety for players if you loose link in a fight. Since loosing this ability from old mercs I avoid some areas when I'm on a shaky mobile connection.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 12 Nov 2013 14:35

Another reason is because with the increase in portable media connecting to genesis, it would make things more streamlined and easier. How hard would it be to implement?

I can't imagine anyone not wanting this feature -- except for those who can choose which attack or special to use (SU, AA, etc.)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 12 Nov 2013 15:27

SU, AA, SS, KoS, Rangers, SB, DA (dragon specials), hell even gladiators (berserk)and cadets (dunno after recode, but you could set donk both or one).

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 12 Nov 2013 17:33

And for casters the game check what enemies you're fighting and chooses the appropiate spell(s) to use! yay!
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 12 Nov 2013 17:35

Karpath wrote:And for casters the game check what enemies you're fighting and chooses the appropiate spell(s) to use! yay!
Hahaha. This.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 12 Nov 2013 17:56

Karpath wrote:And for casters the game check what enemies you're fighting and chooses the appropiate spell(s) to use! yay!
Don't forget the MM's "I win" button.

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 12 Nov 2013 18:04

Manglor wrote:
Don't forget the MM's "I win" button.
I'd like our kill Yeti button to be automated. It's so annoying when I have to kill the Yeti manually all the time.

Ok seriously, it would be nice with automation. Especially for the guilds that can change focus of their special. It would be nice to just have a "change to dodge" command, and I'll start autodogning instead of autoslinging when the cooldown is over. Now you either need to turn off your triggers and wait for the reset, and start doding instead of slinging, or you'll probably need to write some script for it. Which I guess is possible? But it be a nice feature to have in game for sure!

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 13 Nov 2013 19:25

I think it can be done relatively easily. Implementation effects may vary though. I remember that the old Merc auto special as well as all the Calian MB and Swarm automation were working decently. Cadet automatic donk however doesn't work that great - it doesn't automatically go off when you begin the fight and it tends to hang up if your donk target dies before it lands.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/