Death Penalty Opinions

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Should the game return to having some kind of exp-penalty when a character dies?

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 54

Zar
Hero

Re: Death Penalty Opinions

Post by Zar » 01 Feb 2014 00:01

Actually I would prefer 20% with recovery than 5% without.
Even if it is longer recovery process... It is more fun

Creed

Post by Creed » 01 Feb 2014 00:14

People also forget that the huge myths are those who like to grind/powerplay..
They are the ones that will relatively fast recover their stats, no matter what cost death has.
They actually enjoy seeing the spam fly across the screen, or just have good triggers... whatever. :)

If we want to make people less fearful of PvP, balance in power is the key.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 01 Feb 2014 02:54

I voted to keep death penalty out.

I still stand by that vote. The other 37 who voted to keep it are going to have to stand by that or change their minds. At the end of the day Gorboth and the rest of the wizards are the "Game Devs" they need to take feedback from the community but they also need to make the final call based on what they determine is best for the game.

Gorboth and his team will need to figure that out and make a decision and stand by it. We will have to deal with the system them implement. This is the relationship in which we exist. Genesis is unique in that we get a lot of ears from the Dev team because of our small numbers, but ultimately they have to implement the system and they have to determine what works in their overall picture.

I still stand by that no death penalty works just fine for me.

Windemere

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 01 Feb 2014 09:09

Re note on the common board:

Gorboth, is this your idea of promoting PVP? Over the years people with this WE-KNOW-BEST-AND-LIVE-WITH-IT attitude and have been adding a nail after nail to the coffin. Soon when the game just dies a natural death you finally will be able to bury it so you going in the right direction if you want to make it happen faster.

It's been said before - you can't promote something by PUNISHING those who participate even if the penalty is not big. Try rewarding instead... It is easy to please Genesis players. They like all sorts of ranking and gear for example :)

Here is the idea. Code some sort of relic.. a piece of armour or a weapon, make it rather average quality for starter, but whenever a player dies in PVP that item would charge and become better. The kills on people of comparable or bigger size/skills (?) would have much bigger effect. And at the end of a week the top 'killer' gets the item. It would be indestructible and stayed with him for a week no matter if he dies or not. After a week he loses it and it goes back to the battle chest, base stats are reset (or rather adjusted depending on the boost it received that week). The names of everyone who carried it would be remembered and you could see them engraved on the item, similar to a cup won in sport tournaments.

Like to make it more mysterious and fun for players, something they seek? Make the item have dynamic description so whenever player wears it it changes and adjusts thematically to the OCC guild of the winner, like some ancient dwarven armour, shiny pink robe for a morgul mage.. etc. It could offer stat boost for the particular race/guild too. Want to promote group pvp? Make the item have some kind of aura boosting those who are in team of the owner. And whenever he enters a room make sure everyone knows that some badass killer just arrived so he gets the attention.

There could be some lesser items to win too so not just the top guy gets the reward.

Oh, and forget the death penalty at least in pvp. Maybe even give people an option to opt out this "competition". Sure there may not be enough people to participate so see how it works and adjust numbers later. It could be just 1 kill needed to get the reward. Tweaking could be needed to avoid abuse, but I'm sure people can come up with suggestions if they like it.

It surely isn't too difficult to implement

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 01 Feb 2014 11:36

I have a truly devilish idea. How about death taking 25% of your combat exp without recovery, and as soon as you get 5 positive RP feedback notes from other players you recover it instantly? Hahahaha! :twisted:
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 01 Feb 2014 13:57

Zhar wrote:I have a truly devilish idea. How about death taking 25% of your combat exp without recovery, and as soon as you get 5 positive RP feedback notes from other players you recover it instantly? Hahahaha! :twisted:
That would be a way to make everyone have at least six characters. :)

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 01 Feb 2014 18:10

arcon wrote:
Zhar wrote:I have a truly devilish idea. How about death taking 25% of your combat exp without recovery, and as soon as you get 5 positive RP feedback notes from other players you recover it instantly? Hahahaha! :twisted:
And how about those players must be the same level as you or higher? This should solve the issue :)

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 01 Feb 2014 18:15

Zhar wrote:
arcon wrote:
And how about those players must be the same level as you or higher? This should solve the issue :)
Yes! Problem solved. No risk for abuse at all.:P

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 01 Feb 2014 22:39

Practically any system has potential for abuse. This might however revitilize some interaction between chars.

Creed

Post by Creed » 02 Feb 2014 00:14

The big issue is that I basically doubt that most people want to interact with eachother.
I think many prefer to just play with their small group of friends, grinding the same things every day. Getting bigger.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/