Herbs

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Snowrose
Rising Hero

Re: Herbs

Post by Snowrose » 16 Dec 2014 22:42

Id love to see some changes in herbs as well though my suggestions are trying to specifically upgrade and add intrest to herb use ... such as adding/buffing potions which already exists but most consider a waste of time due to the nearly unnoticable benifit to big players. adding themedpotions and potionlike items to non ranger magic guilds because potions are awsome and the game needs more crafting.

and maybe asking a sliding scale of the herb consumption so that herb heavy/magic guilds that quite possibly are being taxed for herbalism can feel a benifit for being in that guild and spending a lot of time preping specifically. not a big one maybe just being able to eat more of the themed herbs like attanars (that noone uses anymore since skunkberries)

or diversifying herbs so that less of them are muti purpose and more of them are used in general. id love to see more herbs that are used for things other than refresh/heal/poison.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 16 Dec 2014 23:18

Icarus,

Over the course of our conversation it came to become clear that you feel the ScOP are in a better position overall for spells as well as damage than Rangers. While this will certainly be beneficial to SCoP and MM and PoT, it has become clear that it will specifically be of value to Rangers over the others.

I have said many times that I see no need for the change. Things work well for me, as a small scop with small mana pool, I do not find myself "needing" herbs unless I am fighting huge mobs alone (which is silly for a Titan to try to do something they shouldn't be.)

So, when it comes to the root of the reason for this proposed change, it becomes clear from all of the posts that this will specifically (not only) benefit the Rangers. Also, if we take Cotillion's post, it seems that the only change that is likely to made to herbs is to limit the good ones and make it harder to find them (not the best resolution).

And don't sell rangers short. The potions you brew are pretty sweet (unless Ithilien can't) and are incredibly useful and can be consumed repeatedly (Este to heal over your magic spell perhaps? This would save you mana.)

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 16 Dec 2014 23:23

Snowrose wrote:Id love to see some changes in herbs as well though my suggestions are trying to specifically upgrade and add intrest to herb use ... such as adding/buffing potions which already exists but most consider a waste of time due to the nearly unnoticable benifit to big players. adding themedpotions and potionlike items to non ranger magic guilds because potions are awsome and the game needs more crafting.

and maybe asking a sliding scale of the herb consumption so that herb heavy/magic guilds that quite possibly are being taxed for herbalism can feel a benifit for being in that guild and spending a lot of time preping specifically. not a big one maybe just being able to eat more of the themed herbs like attanars (that noone uses anymore since skunkberries)

or diversifying herbs so that less of them are muti purpose and more of them are used in general. id love to see more herbs that are used for things other than refresh/heal/poison.
I'm more on this page. Diversifying.

I've argued in another forum for an Alchemist craft guild. Allow for research and experimentation to be done by combing various herbs and drinks to see what can be made. Once a recipe is discovered it is known and can become stronger as you brew it. In order to discover the effects though you'd have to consume it providing an element of risk and potential for death. One I think would be immensely fun.

This is a change to herbs (well making herbs more interesting) that I could certainly get behind. It would also give those guilds who have good herbalism an good option that is thematic. Gardeners when I already have good herbalism is a bit of a waste.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 17 Dec 2014 00:53

I think the Rangers should just form under one guild. Close the RoI and wait for a recode.

-Bromen

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 17 Dec 2014 02:09

bromen wrote:I think the Rangers should just form under one guild. Close the RoI and wait for a recode.

-Bromen
Even though this is an argument for a completely different thread, Bromen, I would like to see a consolidation of the branches, where career choices could be made following the paths of the grey, green and even brown companies of old.
Flee you fools!

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 17 Dec 2014 02:51

yep this is ideas for herb improvements. its the guild hotfix thread thats going into guild merges.
noone wants roi/ron merges more than rangers themselves.

thanks for imput though.

*Hands bromen a ginseng*

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 17 Dec 2014 03:52

I would like NPC's to carry around herbs that would increase a stat or be a big heal.

If I kill Garren, I'd like him to have a chance drop of a increased DIS herb.

Better?

-B

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/