Light & Dark vs Stealth

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Icarus
Veteran

Light & Dark vs Stealth

Post by Icarus » 14 Dec 2014 01:30

Ok, I can see that if you pass through a room with light in it, wearing darkness, it might make it a "bit hard" to stealth.

I can also see how this would be a problem, stealthing through a dark room shining like a bottle of Starbrite.

What I fail to understand is this.... When sneaking through a DARK room, holding darkness, (applies to lvl 2 darkness and beyond) you are "unable to sneak here, shining like that" ??? Come on!

Nemi
Flee you fools!

Windemere
Expert

Re: Light & Dark vs Stealth

Post by Windemere » 14 Dec 2014 04:06

That is odd,

Likely a mechanic issue in a particular guild code that doesn't differentiate between emitting light vs emitting darkness when checking if you can sneak or not. Strange one though.

Icarus
Veteran

Re: Light & Dark vs Stealth

Post by Icarus » 14 Dec 2014 04:22

Nope, it's not a guild related thing, it's global, just go bring one lvl of dark and try sneaking in, for example, goblin caves in Middle Earth and you'll see.
Flee you fools!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/