Potions

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Post Reply
Windemere
Expert
Posts: 286
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 05:37
Location: Winterpeg

Potions

Post by Windemere » 06 Jan 2015 18:13

Good Day Denizens!

I've noticed recently something a bit disturbing when it comes to potions. Specifically, the potions created by the Rangers. It seems that they lose their effectiveness quite quickly and become watery if you put them down or after you have awakened.

Has a change been made to these potions to make them less useful for any but the Rangers? If so, I wonder why? I recall days past when this was a thriving part of the Genesis economy where potions could be bought from Rangers in need of coin or given to allies and friends as a means of assistance.

I think that having more potions and opportunities for ALL to benefit from them is a better path than removal of some of them.

Icarus
Veteran
Posts: 244
Joined: 04 Dec 2012 20:54

Re: Potions

Post by Icarus » 07 Jan 2015 00:47

Windemere wrote:Good Day Denizens!

I've noticed recently something a bit disturbing when it comes to potions. Specifically, the potions created by the Rangers. It seems that they lose their effectiveness quite quickly and become watery if you put them down or after you have awakened.

Has a change been made to these potions to make them less useful for any but the Rangers? If so, I wonder why? I recall days past when this was a thriving part of the Genesis economy where potions could be bought from Rangers in need of coin or given to allies and friends as a means of assistance.

I think that having more potions and opportunities for ALL to benefit from them is a better path than removal of some of them.
Good evening Windemere,

Ranger potions were f***ed up when they made the change to potions quite som time ago, it's not just for you, it's for Rangers as well. The immortals are fully aware of this, but have failed to rectify this. A potion from the Rangers will now lose efficiency if relogged with or left on a shelf, reason is unknown. The main reason this seems to be affecting Ranger potions only is the fact that Ranger potions HAVE different strengths.

Why it has not been fixed? Well, I don't know, but the Rangers have been complaining for a LONG time about this.

Nemi
Flee you fools!

Manglor
Rising Hero
Posts: 322
Joined: 16 Sep 2013 17:30
Location: Dieppe, NB, Canada

Re: Potions

Post by Manglor » 07 Jan 2015 14:53

Rangers finally got hit with the nerf bat. And about time too!

Overpowered potions are just one of the many things that make the Rangers the most imba guild in Genesis.

Icarus
Veteran
Posts: 244
Joined: 04 Dec 2012 20:54

Re: Potions

Post by Icarus » 07 Jan 2015 18:36

Manglor wrote:Rangers finally got hit with the nerf bat. And about time too!

Overpowered potions are just one of the many things that make the Rangers the most imba guild in Genesis.

Well, irony is nice, since I don't believe you're dumb enough to claim Rangers to be such an imba guild currently. Also "about time"... well, this actually happened when potions were made into heap-objects, which would be closing on four years ago.
Flee you fools!

Manglor
Rising Hero
Posts: 322
Joined: 16 Sep 2013 17:30
Location: Dieppe, NB, Canada

Re: Potions

Post by Manglor » 07 Jan 2015 19:22

Icarus wrote:
Manglor wrote:Rangers finally got hit with the nerf bat. And about time too!

Overpowered potions are just one of the many things that make the Rangers the most imba guild in Genesis.

Well, irony is nice, since I don't believe you're dumb enough to claim Rangers to be such an imba guild currently. Also "about time"... well, this actually happened when potions were made into heap-objects, which would be closing on four years ago.
Sorry, I know English isn't your first language. I should have put "sarcasm" tags ;)

Icarus
Veteran
Posts: 244
Joined: 04 Dec 2012 20:54

Re: Potions

Post by Icarus » 07 Jan 2015 19:52

Manglor wrote:Sorry, I know English isn't your first language. I should have put "sarcasm" tags ;)
Can't be yours either, as you totally missed the fact that I specified that I was quite sure you were using irony ;)
Flee you fools!

Manglor
Rising Hero
Posts: 322
Joined: 16 Sep 2013 17:30
Location: Dieppe, NB, Canada

Re: Potions

Post by Manglor » 07 Jan 2015 19:58

Icarus wrote:
Manglor wrote:Sorry, I know English isn't your first language. I should have put "sarcasm" tags ;)
Can't be yours either, as you totally missed the fact that I specified that I was quite sure you were using irony ;)
You're right, French is. So.........

User avatar
Snowrose
Rising Hero
Posts: 307
Joined: 09 Mar 2012 22:04
Location: Reseda
Contact:

Re: Potions

Post by Snowrose » 08 Jan 2015 08:59

as been mention this is actually a long standing bug that hit mages necromancers and every potion in the game but was quickly repaired elsewhere because i guess potions were more important to other guilds.

over all weve been relitivly closed lipped about the potion issues but we have sent various bug reports ect reguarding them.
now that it is public i can safly share my research.

potions will "bug" in the following conditions.
1. log out with potions
2. store potions on shelf or in bag on shelf
3. stacking multiple potions of the same color that are different kinds/potencys.

safty tips:
1. if you can make the potions yourself dont make more than 1 of any kind if you make 2 or more
make them all with identicle ingredients to minimize stacking issues.

2. if you have gotten potions as a gift do not logout with them, store them in a potion satchel
or bag from syberus outside of guild shelves. despose of ANY watery potions asap
they can turn a whole stack wattery.

3. if you find potions on a shelf that are "a purple potion" do not fear they are just as strong as they were when they were made
if you stack the non adjective in a satchel with the original potency ie strong or powerful they regain thier adjetive if your wrong they might strip the normal potion of adjetive as well.

sometimes your best bet is just to return bugged potions to a ranger and have them make you a replacement.
hopefully this will help potion enthusists of genesis and it would be very nice to get these general use potions fixed as well as see more craftable general use potions even if its not a ranger potion.

in the mean time there are also potions for sale in genesis that are not bugged magic protection, haste,
defence. in krynn.
Image

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/