Botting

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
OgreToyBoy
Champion

Re: Botting

Post by OgreToyBoy » 11 Feb 2015 18:17

I don't second that.
Can speak for myself in this and I don't stare at the spamming letters all the time.
Push through it the way Gorboth suggest and most players will fail eventually
Chanele, I'm sure you have been idle... WITCH WITCH WITCH!!!

Seriously, this is not a big problem.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 11 Feb 2015 18:35

Davvol wrote:We will lose 3-6 huge players who do nothing in game except getting EQ for themselves and grind all the time? Is it bad? I don't think so. New Thane for Neidar? Give me two.
have you even been in the Clan when Irk is active?

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 11 Feb 2015 18:43

has anyone you accuse of botting actually disrupted your game MORE than others that you don't accuse of botting? I can honestly say for myself: NOT for those damn 16 years

some far fetched issue comming from those who either don't play or never really bothered to actually spend all those damn boring MONTHS grinding (not hours, no ... NOT HOURS!)

also - PLEASE show me how to NOT fail the bot test when playing from any telephone mud app and doing ANYTHING other than idling with a really long tick-timer

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Feb 2015 19:12

gorboth wrote:
Cherek wrote: I don't think the current ones are bad rules, not at all, but there's always room for improvement, and when someone asks me for example "How long can I idle with gear?", and I can't answer with "check <help botting>", perhaps the rules could use a little clarification.
One way to go is to simply have the answer be: "You can't idle with gear, or in combat, or while herbing, or while smithing. Not at all."

Then, people know that if they *do* idle with gear, combat/herb/smith botting, etc etc ... that they risk punishment. A bathroom/smoke break is still possible, but you know you are rolling the dice should the AoP or some other wizard decide to send you a test.

G.
Uh-oh! Wizard fight!

I kinda disagree on this. But instead of fighting about it on the forums like mere mortals, we can fight about it upstairs.:)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Feb 2015 19:19

Laurel wrote:has anyone you accuse of botting actually disrupted your game MORE than others that you don't accuse of botting? I can honestly say for myself: NOT for those damn 16 years

some far fetched issue comming from those who either don't play or never really bothered to actually spend all those damn boring MONTHS grinding (not hours, no ... NOT HOURS!)

also - PLEASE show me how to NOT fail the bot test when playing from any telephone mud app and doing ANYTHING other than idling with a really long tick-timer
I do understand the months of grinding, and I do understand it is probably rare that anyone reaches myth without a good portion of semi-active scripting and/or led-around-by-team-leader grinding. I have no wish whatsoever to punish these players. If so I might as well just wipe everyone above champion from the game then... since if you can be caught as a bot when you dont look at the screen for 5 min, then most of us are guilty of botting.

I'd imagine the bot test is very hard on a mobile device, it was probably never designed for that. So yeah, that's something we'd have to think about now in this modern age...:)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 11 Feb 2015 20:14

Cherek wrote:
Laurel wrote:has anyone you accuse of botting actually disrupted your game MORE than others that you don't accuse of botting? I can honestly say for myself: NOT for those damn 16 years

I do understand the months of grinding, and I do understand it is probably rare that anyone reaches myth without a good portion of semi-active scripting and/or led-around-by-team-leader grinding. I have no wish whatsoever to punish these players. If so I might as well just wipe everyone above champion from the game then... since if you can be caught as a bot when you dont look at the screen for 5 min, then most of us are guilty of botting.

I'd imagine the bot test is very hard on a mobile device, it was probably never designed for that. So yeah, that's something we'd have to think about now in this modern age...:)
the first part of the above post you replied to, wasn't really aimed at you but those whiners who keep repeating the same stuff for years, even though they are proven wrong time and time again

on the other side - I always had an issue with alts created directly with the purpose to grow anonymously (i.e. dragged to myth+ by friends or running own scripts) only to be a PITA later
nothing to do with botting, a lot to do with player attitudes though

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Feb 2015 20:23

gorboth wrote:
Cherek wrote: I don't think the current ones are bad rules, not at all, but there's always room for improvement, and when someone asks me for example "How long can I idle with gear?", and I can't answer with "check <help botting>", perhaps the rules could use a little clarification.
One way to go is to simply have the answer be: "You can't idle with gear, or in combat, or while herbing, or while smithing. Not at all."

Then, people know that if they *do* idle with gear, combat/herb/smith botting, etc etc ... that they risk punishment. A bathroom/smoke break is still possible, but you know you are rolling the dice should the AoP or some other wizard decide to send you a test.

G.

So... you're saying that the games own logout timer on... what it is? 30? Minutes? Is now valid should you be tested? :P

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 11 Feb 2015 23:21

Laurel wrote:only to be a PITA later
yyy co to? kebab? :D

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 12 Feb 2015 00:13

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 12 Feb 2015 02:18

akurat bez dopiski slang to chuja dalo :P
(ej czemu masz zablokowane pm'y?)
Moderator: Please keep discussion in English.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/