Botting

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alisa
Hero

Re: Botting

Post by Alisa » 13 Feb 2015 20:41

Irk wrote:lol: :lol: :lol: make love not war :D
chill out ppl it is only a game
Dude, i heard alot of slander against you, but must say you are the rising star here :-)

Funny how i, the smallest member of the team haver never been botchecked. Funny how "rumors" start. Funny how "players" on the forum claim so much knowledge, when i havent seen them ingame for the last 1½ month where i have been active again.

Cherek is funny too !!! If you think they are bot, report them to me..... Yeah, because no hard feelings would ever affect that.
Lets see the timeline.

BDA vs Rangers....
People annoyed, some name-calling.
BDA win... Nothing happens.

BDA vs Calians...
People annoyed, name calling...
BDA retires almost from game, WITHOUT ENGAGING THE ENEMY.
NOW swarm is bugged, must be.... Calians are aaalllll tooooo powerfull from the recode 4-5 years ago?
war finishes, and calian team are tagged as bots....
THEY ARE FUCKING GOOD PROGRAMMERS TO MAKE BOTS THAT KILL EVERY BDA ENEMY ON ENCOUNTER... Oh wait, SIRION got away, he must be a hacker then, and have cheats in the machine.

I HAVE LOG PROVING 2 BDA were AFK WHEN KILLED. They are not called out to be punished???? WHy not.

I have logs showing people saying afk 5 mins smoking.... DELETE THEM PLEASE

We are adding nothing to the game apparently... Being players is not adding to the game.. GENESIS apparently have enough players.

Now, i started playing again after being absent for 15 years, because friend played and had fun. I am not sure, but it seems they have stopped playing.

We are enforcing rules where i shall LD and leave 5 people waiting when i have to take a piss....
We are enforcing rules where people posting on forums seems to matter more than those online.

FUCK.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Feb 2015 21:02

Dan wrote:Draugor, your note is against the genesis rules, your info is clearly wizinfo, and is naming of people who might or might not have a case with the AoP, if your info is incorrect it is slandering of good peoples names so in either case, you have broken the genesis rules.

I hereby ask the AoP for deletion of Draugor for breaking the genesis rules. Both on forum and on Game.
Nobody is going to be deleted nobody and has been "busted" for botting. So whatever rumours are floating around are obviously not entirely correct. So to set things straight:

I had a CHAT with three people who I have gotten reports about lately. I used a new way to test them for bot behaviour and they all proved to me pretty clearly that none of them were watching their screens for quite some time. When they returned to their computer or switched back to their Genesis window and noticed what had happened, we talked about botting and their view on things. What they think should be allowed and what should not. Then I returned them to the game with a warning to be more careful in the future. I hope the warning will be enough. And we're not talking about a short bathroom break here.

My goal was three things:

1. Test if the new way to check bots works better than the old one.
2. See if the people I had gotten reports about are actually doing what the reports claimed.
3. If they are indeed botting, or borderline botting, talk to them about why, and what think is OK scripting and what is not.
(4. Possibly scare them a bit)

So. That's it. No deletions. No punishments. End of rumours. Wherever it started.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 13 Feb 2015 21:04

ALisa, a hunting script is piss easy. Seriously doubt it requires one to be a programmer since it only requires basic knowledge of CMud/Zmud

Aye, they where afk, they died, serves. Them. Right. Death is the punishment. Actually the for the second offence if I recall the rules correctly.

If it breaks special attacks, it is aparently, and I am saying is untill someone puts up a logg about it, I seem to recall it doing so tho

And why did yer friends stop playing? Do not blame it on any whine since the assmonkeys where actually celebrating pissing people off.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Feb 2015 21:09

Alisa wrote: We are enforcing rules where i shall LD and leave 5 people waiting when i have to take a piss....
We are enforcing rules where people posting on forums seems to matter more than those online.
No.
No.

The rules for botting are the same as they have been for what, a decade? I stated clearly yesterday no change will be made to them either, and that our policy about botting is the same as it always has been.

And nobody has been punished in any way since I became AoP, your wars have played out without intervention from wizards, just like it should be in the majority of cases. That people complain and try to get their enemies nerfed, punished etc, calling them cheaters, etc well... thats really up to you. All we wizards can do is investigate if any of these complaints seem reasonable.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 13 Feb 2015 21:21

Draugor wrote:ALisa, a hunting script is piss easy. Seriously doubt it requires one to be a programmer since it only requires basic knowledge of CMud/Zmud

Aye, they where afk, they died, serves. Them. Right. Death is the punishment. Actually the for the second offence if I recall the rules correctly.

If it breaks special attacks, it is aparently, and I am saying is untill someone puts up a logg about it, I seem to recall it doing so tho

And why did yer friends stop playing? Do not blame it on any whine since the assmonkeys where actually celebrating pissing people off.
We were celebrating having fun in a game.

You believe it was personal.

Now again, why is the special according to your flawed and breaks game declared after this? You, my friend, can't seem to come with any argument about it, other than others shall prove to you it is not broken.... Find a team of calians, attack them, see if it breaks your special... If you ask them, i am sure you can even do it as a test without anyone hunting anyone afterwards....

Do something about it instead of keep going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and.

Cherek wrote:(4. Possibly scare them a bit)
HOW THE FUCK IS THAT IN AOP DESCRIPTION

And again, why not me? I have been with that team almost 24/7 for 1½ month. I apparently did not warrant a bot check.. Not even the day i went out scripting alone the whole day. WHERE I DID BOT according to the rules now told. I have been running a script, and beeing away more than 5 minutes... HELL, it takes me 10 minutes to piss these days. I didn't go LD when going for a piss...

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 13 Feb 2015 21:25

Alisa wrote:

And again, why not me? I have been with that team almost 24/7 for 1½ month. I apparently did not warrant a bot check.. Not even the day i went out scripting alone the whole day. WHERE I DID BOT according to the rules now told. I have been running a script, and beeing away more than 5 minutes... HELL, it takes me 10 minutes to piss these days. I didn't go LD when going for a piss...
Maybe no one had reported you?

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 13 Feb 2015 21:33

Arcon wrote:
Alisa wrote:

Maybe no one had reported you?

True that, but how could they report the others as botting then, since we were together.... If they saw one, they must have seen the rest.
So logically, it was not a report done from actual witness, as that report would have involved me. Any investigation into that situation should reveal that.

Ill go watch a movie.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Feb 2015 21:37

Alisa wrote:
Cherek wrote:(4. Possibly scare them a bit)
HOW THE FUCK IS THAT IN AOP DESCRIPTION

Part of the AoPs job description is to scare people who break the rules. I thought that was obvious.:) The main part of the job is to HELP people though. Which I am doing on a daily basis, and much more than I am trying to catch someone botting. And I wanna keep it that way so I am sorry, but I am not gonna have time to check if you all follow our rules at all times. Sure, of course it's likely friends of those checked today might also be doing the same thing. So far they're obviously getting away with it though, if that's the case. But if you want we can have a chat about botting too. Just contact me...

Besides, I never said I was out to hunt and punish those who take long bathroom breaks. Or leave the computer to stretch their legs now and then. I think I have been extremely clear on that all the time. Nor have people who does that been punished in the past. If you're around to respond to things happening within a reasonable amount of time, dont worry. Besides, it's extremely unlikely I would be able to repeatedly test your for botting at the exact time you're at the bathroom anyway... if you end up punished for that you'd be the most unlucky person in the game.:)

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 13 Feb 2015 21:52

Cherek wrote:
Kas wrote:Just a hypothetical question.

You are in a room, resting after fighting mobs. Your plan is to kill these and move to the next. Meanwhile, a team of players arrive and instantly engages "your" npc's, killing them, and they in a robotic fasion runs to the next room.

You try to talk to them, to warn them that this room is "yours", but to no avail. This pattern happens again and again and again.

How would Your response be?
I'd kill them. Or ask Morrison to.:)

Or you can report them to me if you think they are unattended bots. If they are not, and are just being jerks, it's up to you what do about it.
Well, I got a pile of them corpses already.

However, I can't murder everyone who killsteals from me lest you as the AoP is very eager to receive "fanmail" from perished bots with threats to quit the game(tm) + teh drama etc.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 14 Feb 2015 00:10

Dudes. We have a new AoP. He's doing an awesome job, too! He's getting into some of the rules we have and how to best police them, or change them, or whatever seems to fit. Yes, that might involve bumping around a few times trying things out and possibly disrupting your gameplay with a few tests.

Um ... is this somehow the end of the world? Is this the time to go bananas on the forum and use all caps with everyone's favorite swear words?

Err ... evidently so.

I suggest a deep breath, dumping your conspiracy theories in the bin labeled "sleep it off" and possibly a self-imposed policy on not doing anything you are going to regret when you wake up tomorrow.

There you go ... it'll be okay. Seriously, it will!

Yours, with fondness ...

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/