Botting

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2868
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Botting

Post by Cherek » 14 Feb 2015 22:37

Amorana wrote: So (since you cut off the second half) I should take this to mean that you aren't going to respond to the point that I keep bringing up? That botting doesn't impact anyone's gameplay? We can keep dancing around the issue - but that's the point I'd really like to see addressed. Why does anyone even care (other than the typical arguments - "wha wha wha, I can't grow as fast as them", or straw man arguments.) Straw men can't be proved, and anyone can grow as fast as anyone else - they just need to write their own script to do it. Or have someone help them.
I am going to respond. I just ran out of time, I didnt wanna let my dinner burn up.:) Hence, I replied to the first part only as I felt the rest required an answer worthy of more time than a few minutes. Check again later!

User avatar
OgreToyBoy
Champion
Posts: 610
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 11:36

Re: Botting

Post by OgreToyBoy » 14 Feb 2015 22:48

Kas wrote:Is it possible to write scripts that bypasses the rooms I am standing in? Like, if I take a rest to recover mana, I'm technically not in a fight and therefore some team may enter and clean my targets.

I'm not fond of that either.
Come on, no one go killing where you hang about. On the balcony of the black Tower?!?

User avatar
OgreToyBoy
Champion
Posts: 610
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 11:36

Re: Botting

Post by OgreToyBoy » 14 Feb 2015 22:52

On another note, what is allowed.
Ok to auto kill Everything in room as long as you don't move unattended?

User avatar
Amorana
Expert
Posts: 296
Joined: 04 Nov 2013 20:26

Re: Botting

Post by Amorana » 14 Feb 2015 22:54

Cherek wrote:
Amorana wrote: So (since you cut off the second half) I should take this to mean that you aren't going to respond to the point that I keep bringing up? That botting doesn't impact anyone's gameplay? We can keep dancing around the issue - but that's the point I'd really like to see addressed. Why does anyone even care (other than the typical arguments - "wha wha wha, I can't grow as fast as them", or straw man arguments.) Straw men can't be proved, and anyone can grow as fast as anyone else - they just need to write their own script to do it. Or have someone help them.
I am going to respond. I just ran out of time, I didnt wanna let my dinner burn up.:) Hence, I replied to the first part only as I felt the rest required an answer worthy of more time than a few minutes. Check again later!
Look forward to reading your response. I really am open to it, I've just failed to see anything to change my mind thus far.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Ethuscuel
Apprentice
Posts: 28
Joined: 20 Nov 2014 02:28

Re: Botting

Post by Ethuscuel » 14 Feb 2015 23:14

Cherek asked for opinions about what botting is, or isn't. Here's my take. This, and $10, will buy you lunch.

Here's what botting is:

1. Being 'afk'...whether to piss, smoke, work, or go to the store, etc. This is idle botting.
2. Automating anything while you are doing #1 above. This is full-blown -hope you lose your equipment and imbues- botting.

I'd consider it 'reasonable' for a bot check to give you three opportunities to pass over a three minute period. Make it easy to see, perhaps several blank -or very easily recognizable- leading and following rows, to segregate it from combat spam.

I consider this 'unreasonable':
_
| | ||_||_||_ | ||_||_|| | <------By the way...what the hell is that, Cherek? That is madness.
| ||_||_| ||_| ||_||_|
What is the number displayed? Syntax: <answer number>

Here's what botting isn't:

1. Running trigger sequences or scripts while you are sitting there paying attention.
2. Combat and hunt triggers or scripts while you are sitting there paying attention.

With that said:
If you have to urinate, disconnect.
If you have to take a phone call, disconnect.
If your kid spills milk on the couch and you have to step away, disconnect.
Stop making excuses, disconnect. It's not hard, I promise.
If you're feeling lucky, bend the rules...I'm all for it. If you don't disconnect and you get busted, tough, you're wrong...suck it up.

Additionally I also feel:
If you're being dragged around by a bot, you're wrong.
If you're a bot being dragged around, you're wrong.
If you're a bot dragging other people around, you're wrong.

EDIT: If you get busted because you're sitting at your computer, watching Youtube (or whatever), NOT paying attention...tough.

User avatar
OgreToyBoy
Champion
Posts: 610
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 11:36

Re: Botting

Post by OgreToyBoy » 14 Feb 2015 23:25

Ethuscuel wrote:much text.....
So disconnect is the right way in your opinion.
Problem is you will be idle for like 2-3 minutes before you actually disappear from the game.
Big reason players won't disconnect when going to the bathroom.
I see my screen most of the time when playing, even when it's automated. Still I might miss
a tell from wizard, or if a 'tapakah' comes poofing into the room or someone says something due
to the intense spam since I mostly kill small stuff that die in one or two hits. I've tried to remove
all combat messages but can't really remove 'says' 'whispers' 'whines' etc. as then I'd be totally
unable to socialize with anyone.
You try attack hobbits and you get 10 lines of silly chat each time you attack one of them or
use a special that has a prop to initiate combat each time you type it. Lot of spam is my major
concern with bot test, but if you get frozen and some sort of info rolls over screen it should
be hard to miss. I've only been tested once and that test stopped me from leaving so I noticed
something was going on. :)

Hope to get test soon so I know if I'm able to see the numbers or wingdings needed to pass it.

Laurel

Re: Botting

Post by Laurel » 14 Feb 2015 23:30

Drama time. Big time.

Seriously though: Cherek, dude - aggragate all the data any player char is sending to the game for A. chars/teams that are often suggested to bot/script around and compare this data to B. chars/teams who you believe never bot/script. That's how you're getting your "fraud indicator". With this - screw bot tests and "whistleblower-players". Me and my frieds have been snooped often enough in the past, sometimes it even caused deaths (the boat you just left to kill a turtle ... it can't handle the two of you anymore ... you know ...). Best fun was when 3-4 wizzies popped in to just pay a visit to a team led by Irk and me on Icewall. Guess it was big enough.

By the way wizards: consider some form of a "Arch of Wizards" who could slap you guys for the shit you're pulling off at times. Similar to AoP for players.

Now please continue.

Sidenote: I hear there have been wet rhytmic sloppy noises comming from AoB and Calian-GM office after Calians "celebrations". Theytotally earned the win! :mrgreen:

Laurel

Re: Botting

Post by Laurel » 14 Feb 2015 23:33

OgreToyBoy wrote:I'd be totally unable to socialize with anyone.
How would that be anything new? *tease* - you know I love your butt

User avatar
Amorana
Expert
Posts: 296
Joined: 04 Nov 2013 20:26

Re: Botting

Post by Amorana » 14 Feb 2015 23:34

OgreToyBoy wrote:
Ethuscuel wrote:much text.....
So disconnect is the right way in your opinion.
Problem is you will be idle for like 2-3 minutes before you actually disappear from the game.
Big reason players won't disconnect when going to the bathroom.
Exactly the problem with the "so disconnect" argument.

You can't tell someone they're not allowed to idly script while taking care of things in the "void" while also not allowing them to disconnect/gem/return home via spell for a solid 3-4 minutes after the fact. Sometimes an emergency/important situation happens. Sometimes that emergency/situation requires you to leave more more than 10 minutes. Sometimes it can't wait 5 minutes for you to be able to LD/return home safely.

If the answer to everything is "disconnect", then we need to allow people to do that very quickly. Whatever the PVP ramifications are.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

User avatar
OgreToyBoy
Champion
Posts: 610
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 11:36

Re: Botting

Post by OgreToyBoy » 14 Feb 2015 23:45

Laurel wrote:
OgreToyBoy wrote:I'd be totally unable to socialize with anyone.
How would that be anything new? *tease* - you know I love your butt
You've had this fascination ever since I noticed you trying to hide inside the lavatory.
Should be mandatory for all goblins to become grunts.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/