Botting

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Snowrose
Rising Hero

Re: Botting

Post by Snowrose » 10 Feb 2015 22:16

Rp is often a two edged sword in that way especially if your not rping a friendly socialite.
And this is one reason you do not see rangers rp much in public
once upon a time rangers didnt intro except to friends. unless you were a known ally you never saw them out of cloak
even on teams rangers were often blunt and practical if they spoke at all. and they used emotes and thier codespeak a LOT

but we all got grief and a bad rep because our rpers wernt "friendly" to everyone. it didnt help that way back then we were also the main healers of genesis back before SCoP and even PoT. and it was not IC to just be the party cleric randomly. and we had a LOT of hard core rpers back then.

of course since you cant private message people in genesis it can be difficult to communicate ooc when your a hard core rper without breaking immerson and the flow of rp. in rp heavy games i often have a ooc line going with people if im ever rping in a less than friendly manner making sure noone is offended or thinks im actually offended/mad at them.

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 10 Feb 2015 22:50

Snowrose wrote:its gotta be pritty borring anyhow to keep leveling indefinatly with only the toplists to motivate
And you think it will be less boring by taking away one of the bigger enjoyments that these types of players get out of the game (growing bigger)?
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 10 Feb 2015 23:02

Amorana wrote: And you think it will be less boring by taking away one of the bigger enjoyments that these types of players get out of the game (growing bigger)?
And if it will become more boring what will happen? We will lose 3-6 huge players who do nothing in game except getting EQ for themselves and grind all the time? Is it bad? I don't think so. New Thane for Neidar? Give me two. New captain for Angmar? Three, please, and with sugar on top. And same time all the players between titan and legend suddenly will lose motivation to grind, cause they reached top level. What they will do? Either quit or start doing another things in game. Like building guilds up, socializing, teaming and rping. I'm wrong?

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 10 Feb 2015 23:14

Sorry, can't stay away.

What players will be gained?

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 10 Feb 2015 23:19

I would say what players will stay. Like 25-50% if current new players we have. Cause with current system, i think, most of them will leave game in month or two.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 10 Feb 2015 23:24

in both cases its not about removing leveling all together.
in the case of the guild its changing from linier to a lateral progression
making pvp more balenced since people will have comparable levels.

in the case of cap and go its to give people a chance to catch up
to people between cap lifts. but hard core levelers can still hit the top
lists as they normally would However eventually have they may have
competition as people started catching up.

in both cases the "end game" is reachable for people just starting now
as opposed to being a brass ring held by people who have been playing
since the 90s

the goal is making end game social and enjoyable for as many people as possible
not just a few people who have such a far far lead noone can ever catch up.

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 11 Feb 2015 00:04

Davvol wrote:
Amorana wrote: And you think it will be less boring by taking away one of the bigger enjoyments that these types of players get out of the game (growing bigger)?
And if it will become more boring what will happen? We will lose 3-6 huge players who do nothing in game except getting EQ for themselves and grind all the time? Is it bad? I don't think so. New Thane for Neidar? Give me two. New captain for Angmar? Three, please, and with sugar on top. And same time all the players between titan and legend suddenly will lose motivation to grind, cause they reached top level. What they will do? Either quit or start doing another things in game. Like building guilds up, socializing, teaming and rping. I'm wrong?
Yes, let's just say "piss off" to the veteran players who've been around and choose to play this way. There's three I can think of right now who just had a rather good showing of RP and led their guild in a successful war against another highly disorganized guild.

Just because people choose to script, enjoy growing above all else, enjoy equipment grinding or money gathering... that doesn't mean they don't contribute to the game in other ways.

Flame on about the three that you all know I'm talking about, but I've had more meaningful RP with them over the last two months than I've had with the lot of you complainers in my entire time here. Most of you whining the most about either a) scripting or b) the recent war are people that would as soon walk around with your heads up your backside than to stop and say hello to someone.

Hell, even Celephias stops to ring-tell me on occassion and harass Amorana about how Sauron is going to victimize her mother or some such.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 11 Feb 2015 00:12

Snowrose wrote:in both cases its not about removing leveling all together.
in the case of the guild its changing from linier to a lateral progression
making pvp more balenced since people will have comparable levels.

in the case of cap and go its to give people a chance to catch up
to people between cap lifts. but hard core levelers can still hit the top
lists as they normally would However eventually have they may have
competition as people started catching up.

in both cases the "end game" is reachable for people just starting now
as opposed to being a brass ring held by people who have been playing
since the 90s

the goal is making end game social and enjoyable for as many people as possible
not just a few people who have such a far far lead noone can ever catch up.
So you are asking for a sterner softcap, great we are agreeing on this.
You are aware we have a softcap right? It kicks in a bit after supreme and stats
go up a lot slower after that. I promote the idea of making the stats go up even
slower requiring even more xp after you hit the softcap.
So it is possible to 'catch' up in a sense, to reach the really high stats you need
A) a overpowered Guild and B) Lots and lots of time.

I returned to this game as hero in 2007 or 2008. I'm NOT a major xp'r but still
managed to reach myth with quite low questxp, got like a third left to hit questxp cap.
Why should I even bother to log in and kill stuff if I don't get xp, because you want
everything to be fair.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 11 Feb 2015 00:24

Who's talking about "fair"? Not me. I just want to remove "precise" info from game. As it was always. You can grind to whatever you want, but you will be "champion". And all of "old" players from 90s, 00s and 10s will be champions. So, no one, except you and your friends will know how much copper coins you can lift, or how much beers you can drink from sober. That will make players spend more time on other things, not grinding all the time to reach that 'myth' level.

Mortis

Post by Mortis » 11 Feb 2015 01:08

I don't like the idea of trying to detect and enforce anti-botting. I don't like the idea of making players have to do anything extra to avoid being flagged a bot.

If an arch wants to spend his time tackling this, because they think this is a high priority, I like the idea of the AoP investigating and confirming reports and reacting.

I'm not sure what the objective here is. Is this a big issue? What is the case study for that conclusion? Without some baseline fact, there shouldn't be a change made.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/